IGNORED

Harbor Freight Coupon - Bike Lift

PGunn

Found this in the paper if anyone needs one it's $50.00 off....

One thing with mine I noticed is if it does not start jacking up if I put pressure on the forks Stand on one) it will start jacking or if that doesn't work it sometimes requires poping the realease a few times it will then start working. Anyone else run into this and did you fix it or like me just living with it?

Torque Wrenches:

1/2 - 3/8 - 1/4

coupon is 1 for $9.99 so print 3 and use a different checkout line each time or bring the kids....

Edited by PGunn
updating

Limit is one coupon

Coupon good for 4 jacks or 6 TQ wrenches

I used one of these at Kregs MD it worked fine except when you tried to lower bike back down you touch the release and it went down hard made everyone look at me like I was the crazy new guy then some of the others tried it. May have just been this particular jack but we quit using it. Think Squid mentioned something about scrap iron after he tried it on Old Schools bike.

Limit is one coupon

I used one of these at Kregs MD it worked fine except when you tried to lower bike back down you touch the release and it went down hard made everyone look at me like I was the crazy new guy then some of the others tried it. May have just been this particular jack but we quit using it. Think Squid mentioned something about scrap iron after he tried it on Old Schools bike.

I'm pretty sure I read about this problem a couple of years ago. Maybe it was Squid's post???

Guest scarylarry

I need a torque rachet that measures in inches, example clutch bolts at 5 lbs.

I do not trust these on 5 lbs adjustment

Limit is one coupon

Ya I have a 3 ton floor jack from them that does the same thing. Doesn't come down slow and easy as it should. Instead, as I slowly and carefully turn turn the handle to let t down gently, nothing happens until it drops down all of the sudden. Very dangerous if you ask me. Many of the bargains I've found there have turned out not to be much of a bargain at all. Now days, I pretty much avoid HF like the plaid if I'm looking for tools. What's the point of a "Life time warranty" if the tool breaks just about every time I use it?

JMTCW

Bill

I know on mine if you slowly start pressing slowly on the release to lower it will drop fast at first but if you press it all the way down quickly it does a quick drop for a second then drops at a much slower rate.

Used the MC lift last night/today and put new tires on Jan's 08 Sportster. It works great.

With this tool, I was able to do the work (remove & replace) without having to have an extra set of hands.

Thanks again for sharing this deal!!

PS - For those who indicate that the lift lowers to quickly. If you step on the release and hold it all the way to the bottom, it lowers slowly. Half way down and it lowers quickly. I know, I know, that is backwards from how I would want it too.

Dave

Went and bought a jack from Northern tool, Torin, has a valve to turn that allows you to vary the rate as slow or fast as you want, not a preset value like that harbor freight scrap.

So, after doing some searching, I came up empty handed.

Of the 1stGen crowd, who has successfully used one of these lifts? Did you make any mods or just stick it under the exhaust and start lifting? I reckon I'm a little worried if I just try it, it might crush the exhaust somewhat. Thoughts?

Haha. Looks like I should have reviewed this posting before adding to it again. Cabreco was more or less wondering the same thing: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=679864&postcount=19

So, after doing some searching, I came up empty handed.

Of the 1stGen crowd, who has successfully used one of these lifts? Did you make any mods or just stick it under the exhaust and start lifting? I reckon I'm a little worried if I just try it, it might crush the exhaust somewhat. Thoughts?

Haha. Looks like I should have reviewed this posting before adding to it again. Cabreco was more or less wondering the same thing: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=679864&postcount=19

I guess no one jacks up a 1st Gen here

I did find this picture online

Looks like it's being lifted by the collector.

That's kind of the way I was thinking of doing it, except my chin spoiler is off/out of the way.

Here's my thought process. Let's say the bike weighs "800" lbs. There will be a minimum of 3, and perhaps 4 points of contact with the lift in question. That brings the average point of contact weight to somewhere in the 200 to 270-lbs-each range. That's not all that unreasonable. Or if you were to stick the back leg of the lift immediately under the collector, there's a LOT of surface area there to take the load.

However, I don't really want to be the guinea pig and smash the "new" (to me) collector I just put on last year. :D Let's wait for some other 1st genners to chime in with their success stories.

BTW I did go ahead and purchase one anyway. It's just a matter of using it as is or devising some sort of adapter, depending on IF ANY FIRST GEN OWNERS EVER GET AROUND TO TELLING US THEIR SUCCESS STORIES OR NOT. :rotf:

:stirthepot: