IGNORED

Time to step up the plate!!!

TimRobertson06

With the next gen 2014 Goldwing just around the corner Yamaha needs to step it up!!! When will we se the next Venture? Okay about the only thing we know for sure about the 2014 Goldwing for sure is that there is going to be one, but with the introduction of the BMW K1600GTL Honda is going to step it up big time. So where does that leave Yamaha.... The Venture is a great bike but there is no way it will be able to compete with the next generation of bikes that will be showing up before to long. I have benn doing research religiously and have came up with nothing leading to a next gen Venture so I'm starting to wonder if there well even be one? :confused07:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If and when Yamaha does get back in the race, it'll probably be another big V-Twin, air-cooled, belt driven bagger that looks like everything else out there. Those three items are a hit with most buyers these days.

With the 1,700 CC engine in the V-MAX, fuel injection and all, wouldn't you think that they would use that as a basis to build a new touring machine? The possibilities seem endless. V-4, smooth, extremely powerful, no choke lever, no cassette player. Might even win over some 1st genners!

:stickpoke:

(but I loved my '84 VR right up till I traded it in 2004)

With the 1,700 CC engine in the V-MAX, fuel injection and all, wouldn't you think that they would use that as a basis to build a new touring machine? The possibilities seem endless. V-4, smooth, extremely powerful, no choke lever, no cassette player. Might even win over some 1st genners!

:stickpoke:

(but I loved my '84 VR right up till I traded it in 2004)

But it has to be 20 years old first so that I can put my collector plate on it and afford it.......

Is it that time again already?

Guess the next Venture?

Well, I'll stick with my original thought. It's going to be based on the Roadliner/Stratoliner series. The Stratoliner Deluxe already has the front fairing, speakers and Ipod hookup. Throw a trunk on it and some removable lowers and there's the next Venture.

Guess the next Venture?

Well, I'll stick with my original thought. It's going to be based on the Roadliner/Stratoliner series. The Stratoliner Deluxe already has the front fairing, speakers and Ipod hookup. Throw a trunk on it and some removable lowers and there's the next Venture.

I'm sure I agree with you! It only makes since. :2cents:

Guest scarylarry

My thinking is the EFI might be over rated a bit, I have '11Voyager EFI 1700 the mileage is the same as my RSV power wise the the RSV has more but it is a V-4 too..

Only plus to the EFI is no choke lever and faster warm up..

The HD I'm looking at has better low end torque than both of them together and it is EFI too..

My replacement (if any) would be a 1000cc machine that averages 50+ mpgallon highway, has the storage capacity and comfort of a RSV with a fixed fairing and adjustable windshield at 700 lbs weight with a seat height no more than 30inches. 4 cylinder, shaft drive, water cooled peferably. Did I mention reliable and as easy to work on and maintain as a Venture?

Guess the next Venture?

Yes, thanks Fib. I been a looking at those myself. But just looking for now. I believe you could be right there my friend. That is my guess, on guess the next bike.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Guest scarylarry

I can snap the tank off the RSV easy, on the Kaw the tank has to be drain first since there is no cut off valve..

The plugs on the Kaw are under the tank to... go figure...

Bring back the 1st Gen (83-85) style with new EFI V-Max engine, ABS Brakes and a Cassette!! with the rest of the audio system that didn't cost a arm&leg to work on!!

Now you're cookin' Yammer, but I think I can still for go another cassette or cd player for that matter. Make it MP3 and satellite and I'm in!

:big-grin-emoticon:

I have benn doing research religiously and have came up with nothing leading to a next gen Venture so I'm starting to wonder if there well even be one? :confused07:

We've been going through this for the past few years .... it's a waste of time speculating.

Guest scarylarry
We've been going through this for the past few years .... it's a waste of time speculating.

You are right no one knows not even the reps..

When they do the unveiling we will know, until then it just a good conversational piece

Agreed we did the same thing back when I had the '96 Voyager, but hey, when we ain't ridin' and/or a tinkerin' we gots to be BS'ing about sumtin. Yes?

:backinmyday: I'm just sayin

Guest scarylarry

My question is if they made all the big changes..

How far in value would the rest of them drop?

I'm thinking somewhere around 50%

Bring back the 1st Gen (83-85) style with new EFI V-Max engine, ABS Brakes and a Cassette!! with the rest of the audio system that didn't cost a arm&leg to work on!!

Redesign the original Venture with a new 1700 power house and modern technology. Can you say deposit and wait list?

How about someone, not me, draft a letter to Yamaha and post it up here so everyone can print it down and send it to Mama Yama............don't know if it would do any good, but who knows someone might be willing to at least read one or two and see what turns us Star Riders want in a touring bike.

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA

6555 Katella Avenue

Cypress, CA 90630

If and when Yamaha does get back in the race, it'll probably be another big V-Twin, air-cooled, belt driven bagger that looks like everything else out there. Those three items are a hit with most buyers these days.

I know we would all like to see Yamha (Star) get back in this race for the best of the best touring bikes but when was the last time Yamaha listened to it's following??? Sure, I would love to see a new max engine in a totally redesigned bike that would just turn the market on it's ear, but folks I got a gut feeling that just ain't gonna happen!!! Unless they take on the likes of the Honda GW, and go at it full throttle like they started to back with the 1st Gen, they'll be waisting their time and money. You gotta give it to Honda though. They took a totally different approach to the touring market, stuck with it, and poured money into it until today they've got one heck of a touring bike. And nothing else on the rode is made like it except for the other Tupper ware bike(Vision)!!! If Yamaha had spent that kind of money and research on the 1st Gen, there would never have been a 2Gen. The market is there if Yamaha ever wants to get it's share of it!! So, I believe as stated earlier, they'll look at what the majority of buyers are buying now and use one of their existing V-Twins. I surely hope I'm wrong on this one!!

Guest scarylarry

The Kaw voyager has pass yammy in some areas, for less money..

Kaw has more storage space, EFI which I think is a bit over rated, a dash compare to none average MPG built in and you can also adjust your engine idle up or down in the control buttons...

am/fm/weather band with a MP3 hook up..

Also it comes with ABS