IGNORED

Pics of my bike from last October

Dano

Just to show everybody how GOOD a 2nd gen will protect you from deer! Carried an 8 point buck 75', he came off the left side then the bike threw me off into the bean field to the right! These were taken at my buddys garage after he got it back there. Just notice the dirt on the right side after the bike threw me off then went off road, damage on the left side is from the deer alone! Like I said, glad a car wasn't involved and it couldn't have happened in a better place!

Thanks guys, now you can see why I didn't remember any of it! Those descriptions are directly from the Sheriff who took the report!

I'm getting a lot better now, still working on getting the left wrist/arm back in power and trying not to have to sleep so much! I'm accepting a little bit of work right now, but not stuff I can't handle. Hope to be back to full bore by mid-summer (about 4 months before the docs said I will!) :fingers-crossed-emo

Good to hear your ahead of yourself Dan. I went back to work on a modified basis myself. A little rough but doable. Better then going without a pay check for the last 6 weeks.....Glad your doing better though.

We WILL be back riding this year, hopefully by August. We won't give up this great part of our lives, it's too good a part...... Most all of our friends do this and don't live close to us so we'll keep on doin' it.....:cool10:

We went to a local award ceremony tonite to thank the folks that kept me alive right after the accident. Here are pics of the folks.

First is the two women (both nurses!) who stopped first and kept me going

Second is the Captains there that day, 3rd is the Sheriffs Deputy who laid out the entire 100' course of "first hit, last spot" and told my old friend I was working for at the time EXACTLY how it took place, about 3 hrs after the hit. The last 3 are the medics and firemen that were there that day. The story on the last guy is that it was his first day! Welcome to your new job!

It was their idea for this, my job was talking to each one, I really liked and wanted to do that. Surprised a few with my status as they didn't think I'd make it to the ER let alone come out of it......

Good on you Dan. I'm sure all those folks were very happy to see you and appreciated the pat on the back.

I also went to the EMS station and thanked the folks who attended my accident, as well as the police officer who investigated and they were all very appreciative.