IGNORED

Walmart Supertech oil filter NO MORE!!!

Obber

Friend of mine just stop by the house.... said he went to 3 of the 4 Walmart's here in Amarillo to get a super tech filter for his Goldwing. He could not find any of the filters. Ask at the counter and was told they do not carry them any more.:confused07::confused24::yikes::doh:

Our Walmart here started carring the Purolator PL 14610 and 14612 for $3.27, switched over to them.

Right or wrong, the PureONE filters are all I have used on my bikes. Been getting them at Advance Auto, but I think this price is cheaper. Guess I'll be looking at our Wally World.... :confused24:

Hmmmm, I still have 3 of the original Super Tech filters with the spring check valve left over from a clear the shelf off purchase that I did back in 2004.

Bidding starts at 200.00 USD.........each.......

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

• 1 month later...

I've been using the STC 7317 filters. As this thread had warned me, there were no more STC filters. OK.so I grabbed a Fram xg7317.... wrong thing to do. The Fram xg7317 was enough longer that I couldn't get it started. Went back and got a 6017A.

I didn't figure it would be worth trying to convince the return items clerk that the filter with scratches on it and dripping oil was really unused and could be returned...

Guest scarylarry

Wal mart stopped making STF for a reason they started coming a part inside and paper was getting in the motors..

I can't say this happen on bikes, I never heard that but they did buy a few engines and I'm not sure on how many..

HQ did order all filters remove and sales to cease...

There is some info on about it on google but I have not seen it nor have I looked...

Wal mart stopped making STF for a reason they started coming a part inside and paper was getting in the motors..

I can't say this happen on bikes, I never heard that but they did buy a few engines and I'm not sure on how many..

There is some info on about it on google but I have not seen it nor have I looked...

I have used and never had a problem with the Fram filters but after reading about the way they were put together here and on other websites, I quit using them and went to the SuperTech. Now they're gone, so I''ll be using the Purolator filters from here on out. Makes no sense to push my luck with the Frams!!!

Most likely, Purolator offered up a couple gajillion filters at a price lower than the SuperTech supplier.

I haven't heard of any problems with any SuperTech filter.

Guest scarylarry

This was the first for me and I ran nothing but ST, automotive manager at wally world told me that

I have no reason to doubt him...

4 to 5 years and I never had a issue....

DONT! use FRAM! Do some reading here and elsewhere. Paper end cap deteriorates and clogs oil galleys. Bye Bye motor.

I just bought a fram 6017A filter at Walmart in Detroit last week end the had a few of them on shelf:mustache::fingers-crossed-emo

DONT! use FRAM! Do some reading here and elsewhere. Paper end cap deteriorates and clogs oil galleys. Bye Bye motor.

You've actually seen this?

I "hear" lots of internet lore about claims, but no evidence.

well I can buy a fram at walmart for about $7.00 OR i can go to my local Yamaha dealer & get an original for about $10.00 the nipple on the fram is an OUTTIE and the 1 on the original is an innie ...I will say I used the fram on my honda with NO problems...but i changed oil n filter about 3k miles..

Guest scarylarry
Musta been on sale but I got a PureONE PL14612 from advance Auto Parts for $5.00 + tax, yesterday.

Everyday price...