Brian,

It's a new batter. I filled it myself so I know the fluid level is good. The probe is corroded pretty badly so that may be the problem. I'm going to try cleaning it as suggested in a previous post. I don't see any signs of a modification being made to it so maybe the resistor will work.

Thats good, you could install the resistor mod, but as long as you use a lead acid battery, I would suggest you keep the probe system working. Real easy for charging system to boil acid out.

Also keep in mind many of the segments are on a time delay so they are not flashing over sudden changes then back. When testing systems give them about 30 sec to respond before calling good or bad.

:080402gudl_prv:

Lee, just make sure you don't ever hook that sensor wire directly to 12 volts, without the resistor. You WILL blow a chip in your display if you do. Then you will need a new display unit.

Don't ask me how I know this.:innocent:

I cleaned the sensor and now everything is good. (mostly) All warning indicators are off. The only problem now is that sometimes the gas gauge doesn't register and that gives a warning. After setting for a few minutes it finally begins to register and then the warning light goes off. I may need to take the unit out of the tank and give it a good cleaning. Thanks to everyone for the help. Now on to the CLASS

The sending unit itself also gets intermittant, the rheostat wiper gets dirty, the rheostat element warps, etc. The tension on the wiper can be adjusted. The whole sender unit comes out of the tank easily enough, and you can inspect and clean the wiper fairly eaily, as well as give the wiper a little more tension...

• 1 year later...

After reading the article about installing a resistor in the white/red stripped wire to stop this warning from showing, I traced my wire from the acc fuse to the CMU & couldn't find where a resistor had been installed but my battery light & warning light stayed off after the check finished. But for some reason as I was riding my trike into the garage today, this light & warning came on & I can't find out why. Any suggestions? :confused24: