IGNORED

How about a new Game/Challenge

Rick Haywood

Confused as to why the north captain is worried about Arkansas. Does the north team not try for the north states and south for the south.

Nope, each team needs to get all lower 48 states. So is does not matter what state you live in or what team you are on. The object is to get all of the 48 states first. So a person must decided and then go from there. Now if everyone would prefer I can divide up the states to 24 apiece and we can move on from there

I see said the blind man. Make sense to me now and I'm not trying to change the game in any way. :080402gudl_prv:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live where there was once a great division, but I will make it easy and side with my SOUTHERN hospitality. I would be be willing to do West Virginia and the bluegrass state of Kentucky. SOUTH for me.

Only thing is, I have to be fully recovered from my left shoulder surgery and get my tires on my bike. This should be taking place with in or by the end of May, first part of June.

Sounds like fun, so if my surgery would not cause a problem, then count on me.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2:

Hey, are you taking my territory? :sign20:

Hey, are you taking my territory? :sign20:

Nope not me, just an offer to get it since it is so close for me. Figure I wont be, or could afford to, do any long runs after shoulder heals up and finally get back to work.

No problem neighbor. :sign It wasnt me: Get it if you like. :bowdown: Just an early offer.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

So where we at with the game ? Does the South team have any targets yet?

My apologies. I'm running behind as usual, but my new shoes is on and I'm ready to get crankin'. Since I'm right here at Montgomery thought I'd start there. If some one wants to meet me in one of my neighboring states for the hand off let me know and I'll make travel plans accordingly.

:Venture:

Edited by Wanderer
change text

Alaska for sure.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding Hawaii, but it adds a dimension that most of us can never really achieve.

The Haul Road, otoh, is on my Bucket List.

I got Alaska covered this July. Only doing the Dalton up to the Arctic Circle though. Deadhorse just seems to be a BTDT type destination. Don't want to run 750-800 miles of gravel on the Venture just to get the T-Shirt. Did I mention that gravel and the Venture don't get along? (Or maybe they get along too well. The Venture likes to lay down with the gravel.)

Now, if I took the KLR...... (but dang, that BB2k to get home would hurt).

RR

Edited by RedRider

Oh wait, I just read the rules. You can't get to the capital of Alaska via roads (did you know that?).

Don't have time on our trip to take the ferry.

I'm out for Alaska. Dang.

RR

I believe Hyder is about the closest you can get by road.

As for the Haul Road .... Stick some knobblies on the VR and just go do it :D

ps ... Gold Wings have made the trip.

I believe Hyder is about the closest you can get by road.

As for the Haul Road .... Stick some knobblies on the VR and just go do it :D

ps ... Gold Wings have made the trip.

I know, so have Hardleys and John Ryan on an FJR (I think that masochist from Florida did it on a Ningette or a Honda 125). It is my lack of skills in the gravel combined with insufficient desire to go there. Not worth the risk.

RR

Better put me on the NORTH team to even things back out. I can hit St. Paul, MN. if nobody else can.

Bill

Since I am new to this group and would love to meet some new people I can take the baton from you and do MN, then pass it to Iowa or one of the Dakotas. Jet let me know when you get you hands on it. :bluesbrother:

Edited by pmj423
spelling errors

I know, so have Hardleys and John Ryan on an FJR (I think that masochist from Florida did it on a Ningette or a Honda 125). It is my lack of skills in the gravel combined with insufficient desire to go there. Not worth the risk.

RR

John Ryan ... There is a name to conjure with.

Fastest Ultimate Coast to Coast ... I hated two miles on an Oklahoma unmade road, so maybe you have a point :D

North here. I can do MA, NH, ME, VT. And if the North has to do Alaska then the South should have to do Hawaii!

Both teams have to do the Lower 48 .. all of them.

Last I heard we were discussing whether or not to include Alaska ... If we do, then both teams will need to get it.

Trial member. Where in that pic is the baton? I wanna play... Im in north central Texas headed to OK city next weekend...

I would be for The South:)

No baton. I have to have a fellow rider to pass it on to. I'm waiting or any one to contact me not too many states away for a meet and pass.

Looking for someone to meet up with me so I can pass the baton off for another state capitol. I live between Peoria and Bloomington, Illinois. I can ride a couple hundred miles in any direction. Let me know, maybe we could do luch someplace this weekend.

Wanderer, I will get you your thumb drive mailed out in a couple days.

Rick