IGNORED

Attention Hannigan trikers

Carbon_One

Well folks I've been a busy boy these last few weeks building some projects just for the Hannigan trikers here.

Those being :

1. A lift adapter so the trike can be used with a conventional ATV motorcycle jack. It's designed & used the same as my Standard & Freestanding lift adapter I sell for the 2 wheelers. The only difference is it's longer and has a 4 point lift support location on the adapter to pick these trikes up. My Sears red jack worked just fine for picking up Ragtop69gs / Jay & Jeanies trike.

2. An auxiliary gas tank system. It will be a complete bolt on system complete with everything needed in a kit form. The kit will consist of a 5.25 gallon tank, electric fuel pump w/ in-line filter, a fuel shut off solenoid, 30amp relay, in-line fuse holder & fuse, a custom made stainless steel switch mount and waterproof rocker switch, wiring harnesses with soldered connections & shrink tube terminals, hoses & clamps as required, a polished stainless steel flip top gas cap with stainless screws, and a full set of instructions with pictures for the install. The tank is made of 16 gauge steel & will be pressure tested as well as sealed using Caswell gas tank sealer.

3. A hitch assembly using heavy wall 1 1/4" tubing.

Pics and more info to follow, Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

:clap2:

I was the 2nd person to get one of these AUX TANK kits and the FIRST to do it SOLO.

I would say you will have about 10 hours into installing it by yourself, not bad at all.

I got mine finished up yesterday morning and now have about 300 miles on the tank.

It is a real nice feeling to know that you have more then enough fuel for the day

and like me getting out on those lonley back roads this is the ticket.

I now have a total of 11.5 Gals of fuel on board.

Larry has built a top Qulitey product , He has done everything for you all the way

to the end, and his support is always there for you as well. what also is very nice is that there is no welding and not over filling main tank --it is all seprate . I like that. Larry has made this pretty much a plug and play tank.

The cost is almost half the price as Hannigans and you also have more avalibe fuel !

If I can help anyone in the future with your install feel free to contact me if Larry is not around!

Thank you Larry for a great product ! :happy65:

LOL

Jeff

Edited by Cougar

As I ALWAYS get off my bike on the left to fill the main tank

I have never dismounted from the right side. so this makes it

easier to be able to stand on the same side to fill both tanks

with the hannigan tank you have to go to the right side

• 2 weeks later...

Got my lift adapter a couple days ago.. had a chance to play with it today, lifts the Trike with no problems even had a full aux tank in rear and a full trunk, the bike lifted straight up.

really nice to be able to crawl around under there now ! :happy65:

Thanks for another great product ! :thumbsup2:

Jeff

P.S. Larry should be able to retire now..... LOL

oh wait he already is :whistling:

Yep, works like a charm don't it :thumbsup2:

Got my lift adapter a couple days ago.. had a chance to play with it today, lifts the Trike with no problems even had a full aux tank in rear and a full trunk, the bike lifted straight up.

really nice to be able to crawl around under there now ! :happy65:

Thanks for another great product ! :thumbsup2:

Jeff

P.S. Larry should be able to retire now..... LOL

oh wait he already is :whistling:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes you can use the lift adapter with running boards. I have one built and boxed now. This one you will need to remove the center support bar on the running board. A couple 1/4" bolts and a "U" clamp is all that's needed to remove that support bar per side.

Future adapters will have a cross bar on the lift adapter moved further rearward so that this running board support won't need moving.

If you want this one I have on hand you'll need to order today. Otherwise it'll be 2 weeks before I can ship one out.

Larry

Yes you can use the lift adapter with running boards. I have one built and boxed now. This one you will need to remove the center support bar on the running board. A couple 1/4" bolts and a "U" clamp is all that's needed to remove that support bar per side.

Future adapters will have a cross bar on the lift adapter moved further rearward so that this running board support won't need moving.

If you want this one I have on hand you'll need to order today. Otherwise it'll be 2 weeks before I can ship one out.

Larry

Tnx 4 the quick response Larry. I'll wait for your mod so I won't have to remove the running board hardware.

Tnx 4 the quick response Larry. I'll wait for your mod so I won't have to remove the running board hardware.

When I get back from the International rally I'll redo the one I have on hand and then will make all others the same afterward so they'll be able to be used on those with or without the running boards.

I'll drop you a pm when I get it done.

Larry