IGNORED

So de FBI sez to me.....

BoomerCPO

Recieved via e-mail today......:whistling:

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION, (FBI).

CYBER WIRETAP & FUNDS RECOVERY DEPARTMENT.

J. EDGAR HOOVER BUILDING

935 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE,

NW WASHINGTON, D.C 20535, USA .

WEB-SITE: www.fbi.gov

We believe this notification meets you in a very good state of mind and health. The FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) Washington, D.C United States of America in conjunction with some other relevant Investigative Agencies here in the USA have recently been informed through our Global intelligence monitoring network that you have a pending FUND transaction with a Bank regarding to an Inheritance Funds or Lottery Prize Award payment which was fully endorsed to be paid in your favor. It might interest you to know that we have taken out time in screening through this whole transaction as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have finally confirmed that BANK OF ENGLAND is the only authorized financial institution scheduled to make your payment in line with their remittance requirements. Several investigations by us have shown that you have been dealing with some unauthorized persons and banks regarding the transfer of these funds to your bank account.

Our UK attachee agent recently had a meeting with the Manager of BANK OF ENGLAND in the person of MR. NAIL BACON along with some other top officials of BANK OF ENGLAND regarding your case and they made us to understand that your file has been held in abase pending when you personally file for your claims.

We were also made to understand that a lady with name Mrs. Joan Parthimos from Canada, has already contacted the Bank and also presented to them all the necessary documentations evidencing your claim purported to have been signed personally by you prior to the release of your funds to her, though they insisted on hearing from you personally before they could go ahead on wiring the funds to the Bank account information provided by the above named Lady. It is basically one of the main reasons they contacted us to enable us assist them in carrying out proper investigation and subsequently informing you of their mandate to Remitting your funds. Most importantly we advise that you discontinue further dealings with any person or organization posing as staff or affiliate of any bank or agency concerning the transfer of your funds. In your own interest, you are advised to immediately contact BANK OF ENGLAND on the following details for the onward remittance of your funds.

BANK NAME: BANK OF ENGLAND.

CONTACT PERSON: MR. ROBERTSON WHITE

CORPORATE HEAD QUARTERS

NA, LONDON BR1 1WA, UK OFFICE

Tel: + (44) 7024068581.

Fax: + (44) 7024-078562.

Email info@kfsh.med.sa

Ensure that you comply to all the Bank of England remittance procedures and also furnish the bank with your full details like: (Your Full names and Your Address, Your Direct telephone and Fax Numbers, etc) to enable the Bank in their verification processes before the release of your funds to your bank account without any problems. Thank you for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Signature of Robert S. Mueller, III

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III

HON. DIRECTOR,

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION.

UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535

Boomer.....who gits a warm feeling cuz de Goobermint seems to really care about him....:whistling:

Hard to believe the FBI did all that investigating, and still doesn't know if the money is from an inheritance, or a lottery.:bang head:

What are we paying these people for?:confused24::doh:

Hey Boomer, will you be buying me a new scooter after you get your money?:confused24:

Later, Scooter Bob :D

I probably shouldn't do it BUTTTTT :innocent-emoticon:

I save most of those emails and every time I get a new one I copy and paste all of the other ones individually and reply to them. I send out 15 or 20 emails a week that way, only take about 10 minutes. I use that for my aggression therapy. :smile5:

Tell them you are very concerned with the possibility of fraud and that if they send you $5,000 for travel fare and expenses, you will look into this personally.

Then send them an official email from the Ocean Front Property Realty Company of New Mexico with details of some fantastic ocean front property in Taos, New Mexico. For just $10,000 down they can lock in an offer to purchase a 1.5 million dollar property for the measly sum of $50,000.

Such a deal!!!

Andy

See Boomer, if you took better care of those pygmies maybe they wouldnt be scamming you so hard. Wait, wasnt J.Edgar a Pygmy himself????

I would doubt any of those email replies gets read. probably deleted as soon as it comes in or before.

:think:

Brad

you're most likely correct but as I said, it's therapy. Scammers work on the odds system when they send an email. If they send out 100,000 eamils and get 1/2% to respond with :mo money: then they win.

If I reply with however many I send back and if even one of them get thru and takes up their time, I WIN

Again, therapy - now it's almost daylight, I'm going fishin' more therapy :thumbsup:

Spam, scam, phishing, etc....

Best thing to do with most of this stuff, assuming you get a good sense of what it might be from the email subject, is not even open it.

If you do open it, after realizing what it is, delete it.

Most, if not all, email programs have a way to mark an email as either junk or bulk. If you are using anti-virus software like Norton or McAfee, you can tag the email as spam, or whatever term each uses, assuming they did not auto detect it.

Why? One reason not to open it is the act of opening an email can cause embedded code to run. That code can gather info from your computer or put other code, a virus for example, on it. Gathered info could be sent from your computer right away, when you forward or reply to the email or the next time your email program does a send of any email. When the embedded or deposited code chooses to do its' damage is arbitrary. Mostly it is right away, sometimes it will be in the future.

Forwarding a potentially bad email will just facilitate its' damaging effectiveness.

I will also include the seemingly innocuous chain emails. The ones that say if you send this to three friends you will be blessed or don't break the chain it is bad luck, etc, etc. These can just be less subtle, more emotionally appealing ways to do the same damaging things.

Anti-virus software "helps" protect you but isn't perfect.

If you really think something is bad, like that FBI email, you should report it to the IC3 (internet fraud compliant center) or the FBI. Links are below.

While we may get physically hurt on our bikes, damage from the Internet, which is mostly financial, can be just as or more negatively impactful. As careful as we try to be on our bike, please be so on the Internet too.

One last thing, if you use anti-virus software keep it up to date either, manually or automatically.

http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/cfr.php?URL=https%3A%2F%2Ffbijobs.gov/62.asp

Hey Boomer!! Can I borrow a few bucks to finish my Garage??:whistling: QUOTE]

Of course you did mean START your garage right?

Then again, it's spring...who needs a garage until next winter?:whistling:

Good Point!! Wonder how the contractor will take that????

Boomer,,, you has been screwed right out of all your well deserved funds. It says right at the bottom of the message that you are not to contact any bank or agency, and then you are told to contact a bank,,, you're screwed buddy, I feel sooooo sorry for you, and you could have almost been stinkin rich.