IGNORED

I must say Farewell after nearly 1 year

elcorbs

I too decided to leave the Venture behind after nearly 1 year. I tried with all my heart and sole to love this bike so I wouldn't be buying something else but it didn't work. The bike was great on the interstate, but due to the weight and top heavy feel it was not happy on the city streets. It was the most comfortable cruiser I have ridden. I did have a Royal Star Tour Deluxe in 1998 and a Road Star Silverado in 2001 and a Road King Classic in 2007. Out of these cruisers the RSV is the most comfortable. In 2007 I bought an FJR and was in heaven for 2 years. I told my wife I wouldn't ride anymore. Sold it and didn't ride for 1 year then begged to buy another FJR in 2009. I couldn't find anything except a Concours 14 ABS. I bought it but was never happy with it like I was with the FJR. Front brake rotors had to be replaced under warranty and then after 2,000 miles they started grabbing once more. I then traded it on the 2011 RSV. Thought I would be happy, but I couldn't take it. I like the nimbleness of the FJR and it being so much lighter and easier to handle. I find myself so excited about riding again. I think if I had never riden the FJR I would have been ok. It simply spoiled me!

Thanks for all the help and answering the few questions that I had. I did enjoy being on this forum and having questions answered without me even asking.

Elcorbs

:322:

Ya know after over 25 years on ventures I changed to a GW trike but I'm still here and you can be too.We'd love to hear about your experiences on that FJR. Like all successful long term organizations this place is really about the people not just the bikes,so hang around awhile and let us know whats going on.

Like others have said, just because you won't be riding an RSV or RSTD you don't have to leave. The entertainment can easily be worth the $12 a year !

(and we also like to hear what you think about whatever bike you get. This site is for riders... several with the FJR )

Ummm, 2 bikes?

Venture for highway miles, something more nimble for around town. For the second bike you can look for something smaller like a WeeStrom or a Tiger since you won't need it for extended highway duty. Just be careful, once you have more than one, they tend to breed.

I picked up a KLR for around town and short back road / gravel road travel. Keep the Venture for longer distances. They get along well.

Bikes aren't like wives. You can have 2 and they don't mind.

RR

Agreed!! I have found absolutely nothing in the rules that you have to own a Venture to be a member of this fine site! Heck, we wouldn't even care if you rode a Wing, a 'Glide, or a scooter!

You could always do like some of us have done with our top heavy rolling barcoloungers and convert it into a trike...

heck you dont have to go away. just because you want to try out a differnt bike.

we even have a nice man on here that due to health reasons drives a nice little sports car and wanted to put venture emblems on his car. you can do this with your new bike we all know its not a venture but your heart is still there. and heck i show up at MD in a pontiac cage and i still shared drinks and good times with a bucnh of these wonderfull pepole.

we care about the ridder not the bike they drive. or if they drive with the top down in a sports car.

hang around

Ummm, 2 bikes?

Venture for highway miles, something more nimble for around town. For the second bike you can look for something smaller like a WeeStrom or a Tiger since you won't need it for extended highway duty. Just be careful, once you have more than one, they tend to breed.

I picked up a KLR for around town and short back road / gravel road travel. Keep the Venture for longer distances. They get along well.

Bikes aren't like wives. You can have 2 and they don't mind.

RR

I also have a KLR650 with my Venture. It is a nice around town and back roads bike.

If they let Goldwingers hang around here (cheap shot at SilvrT):sun: ...we sure welcome a FJR....

I too decided to leave the Venture behind after nearly 1 year. I tried with all my heart and sole to love this bike so I wouldn't be buying something else but it didn't work. The bike was great on the interstate, but due to the weight and top heavy feel it was not happy on the city streets. It was the most comfortable cruiser I have ridden. I did have a Royal Star Tour Deluxe in 1998 and a Road Star Silverado in 2001 and a Road King Classic in 2007. Out of these cruisers the RSV is the most comfortable. In 2007 I bought an FJR and was in heaven for 2 years. I told my wife I wouldn't ride anymore. Sold it and didn't ride for 1 year then begged to buy another FJR in 2009. I couldn't find anything except a Concours 14 ABS. I bought it but was never happy with it like I was with the FJR. Front brake rotors had to be replaced under warranty and then after 2,000 miles they started grabbing once more. I then traded it on the 2011 RSV. Thought I would be happy, but I couldn't take it. I like the nimbleness of the FJR and it being so much lighter and easier to handle. I find myself so excited about riding again. I think if I had never riden the FJR I would have been ok. It simply spoiled me!

Thanks for all the help and answering the few questions that I had. I did enjoy being on this forum and having questions answered without me even asking.

Elcorbs

:322:

This community is about much more than the model you ride or the flavour of ice-cream you eat. I haven't met ANY members in person yet (unless there's a lurker in newfoundland that I didn't know was a member) but I've come to appreciate so many of the 'family'....

You don't move out of your house because you bought a new truck - you shouldn't have to leave this family because you bought a different bike...