IGNORED

How many times

Black Owl

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify something here.

The comment was mine. It was quoted out of context, and in my world being "ignorant" simply indicates a lack of knowledge. It was not, is not intended as a pejorative description of anyone.

I am very pleased that Rick understood both the disclaimer that it meant him, AND the smiley face that accompanied it.

That thread is a good one. It is three pages of people discussing one of the most contentious subjects on this Forum, and doing so intelligently and informatively.

I am sorry Black Owl chose to misunderstand me, but I do feel that a simple PM would have sufficed. I would have had the opportunity to re-visit the comment, and edit appropriately.

If a Moderator wishes to make the point about civil discourse, I would support that, but to do so by singling out an innocent remark, giving it a meaning consistent with his interpretation and failing to seek clarification .... well I just don't think that was wise.

It was never my intent to cause trouble, and having done so I shall take some time out.

Happy riding.

Steve

Edited by twigg

....It was never my intent to cause trouble, and having done so I shall take some time out.

Steve

Don't feel you need to take some time out. One of the nice thing about this site, moderators, and members is that issues like this can be discussed and resolved.

Everyone's opinions are welcome. Even thru this thread no one took offense and basically supported your comment, even if it was taken out of context.

I've been on other forums where occassionally a member would be banned for comments. Here, people are given an opportunity to clarify their comments and everyone ends up doing a group hug.

:bighug:

And Larry.... the snow is headed our way into Southern Ontario. Please keep as much of it in your area as possible !

:stirthepot: :think: Help me out here, oh...you Harvard educated ones...:rolleyes:

Have been thinking of putting a CT in the rear and a BT ( bicycle tire) in the front.....

any ideas how to go about it? :innocent-emoticon:

If you ride a 2nd Gen, it won't matter.

You will be behind the 1st Gens, and your mishaps will be your own!

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

OH....and you MUST fill them with Mobil 1 Racing 4XT or they will dry rot from the inside out. DO NOT OVER FILL. About a pint of Mobil 1 in each tire will not only preserve the tires but also behave in the same manner as Dynabeads in keeping the tires balanced.

One last thing...you should NEVER pull a trailer of any size with a motorcycle. It is best to put the hitch on the FRONT of the bike and PUSH the trailer.

All just common sense stuff when you think about it.

OH....and you MUST fill them with Mobil 1 Racing 4XT or they will dry rot from the inside out. DO NOT OVER FILL. About a pint of Mobil 1 in each tire will not only preserve the tires but also behave in the same manner as Dynabeads in keeping the tires balanced.

One last thing...you should NEVER pull a trailer of any size with a motorcycle. It is best to put the hitch on the FRONT of the bike and PUSH the trailer.

All just common sense stuff when you think about it.

That sidecar better have a Koran AND a Bible in it, oh, and Obama and Santorum riding pillion,or you are in real trouble :p

It was quoted out of context, and in my world being "ignorant" simply indicates a lack of knowledge. It was not, is not intended as a pejorative description of anyone.

Maybe Mr. Owl was a little ignorant with the definition of the word "Ignorant" :think:

That sidecar better have a Koran AND a Bible in it, oh, and Obama and Santorum riding pillion,or you are in real trouble :p

Funny yet could be considered a little close :rotf:

Brad

Let me clarify something here.

The comment was mine. It was quoted out of context, and in my world being "ignorant" simply indicates a lack of knowledge. It was not, is not intended as a pejorative description of anyone.

I am very pleased that Rick understood both the disclaimer that it meant him, AND the smiley face that accompanied it.

That thread is a good one. It is three pages of people discussing one of the most contentious subjects on this Forum, and doing so intelligently and informatively.

I am sorry Black Owl chose to misunderstand me, but I do feel that a simple PM would have sufficed. I would have had the opportunity to re-visit the comment, and edit appropriately.

If a Moderator wishes to make the point about civil discourse, I would support that, but to do so by singling out an innocent remark, giving it a meaning consistent with his interpretation and failing to seek clarification .... well I just don't think that was wise.

It was never my intent to cause trouble, and having done so I shall take some time out.

Happy riding.

Steve

Awwww you poor thing.:stirthepot:

Your really having trouble figuring out this time out thing aren't you? You better watch out people are going to start thinking your ignorant.

Sorry boss I know I'm grounded I will go back to my corner.