IGNORED

Help need INFO

bikerjohn

I am going to go look at a pop up tomorrow?

It is a 1968 Apache Falcon?

it is 7'5'" in lengh

5'2"in width

and 47"hieght

Carries 400 max cargo

I could not find the wieght of the trailer.

My question is is this a good deal ad how much should I pay for it?

How well would it tow behind my 06 Venture?

Just found the wieght is 600 lbs? is this too heavy?

The guy is asking $1500.

Looking at the internet I found a old broucher that stats it was 645 plus frieght in '68.

Any advice or help would be great

John

Edited by bikerjohn

Will it pull it? Probably. Is the price good? Maybe, seeing as nowdays prices would be around $6000 give or take. I would take a closer look at what is out in the market as far as weight and compare efficiency. Was this trailer designed to be pulled by a motorcycle or a car? What did the present owner use to pull it?

I just did some research and looked it up. It is a very old FULL size pop-up camper designed to be pulled with a car. I personally would not pull that with a motorcycle but then I have seen some big pop-ups pulled by trikes. If I were you I would try to find a used pop-up that is designed to be pulled by a motorcyle. (Time Out trailers, Aspen Trailers made by Trailmaster, Bunkhouse, Roll-a-home, Lesur Lite, LivinLite quick silver 5.0, Kwik Kamp, etc) You can find good deals online you just might have to drive a distance or find someone in the area to check it out before you make the trip. Good Luck on your camper searching and purchasing.

Carries 400 max cargo

Just found the wieght is 600 lbs? is this too heavy?

600# empty + 400# cargo? Yes you could probably tow it, at least somewhere fairly level, but I suspect you'll have a bit$h of a time trying to get it to stop.

Too heavy for me to consider it.