IGNORED

work party for a houston area vr members

gunboat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guy`s, I am not gonna make it this weekend, I blew out (Herniated) a disk in my lower back Tuesday, and just getting where I can move around some. Sorry, but I will be there in spirit!!

Kreg

Take care of yourself my friend and Thank You for all the help you have given

:thumbsup2: If you need something please let us know.

BTW...here's a few pics

:stickpoke:

#1 is Beki Wilson & Lonna

#2 is Halmost There

#3 is Kenny (Kbran)

#4 is Gunboat

#5 is Halmost There...again :)

#6 is Kreg (Doodle) & Beki....FABULOUS!!

#7 is the bathroom while Kenny was laying tile.

#8 is Dave (Monkey Boy) cookin

#9 is Hal getting ready to leave

#10 is Kreg, Beki and Kelly Wilson (WilsonTamu)

Is there work to be done tomorrow? I drop my brother at IAH (Sunday, 8AM) and then we can come out.

Just thought I would let you know that Hal's surgery went well. They did have a bit of trouble intubating him. In the future if he ever has surgery again he has to bring an instruction list for the anatesiologist. He is in pain, but to be expected.

:grandma: Val

Thanks Val, for the update.

Dave

Is there work to be done tomorrow? I drop my brother at IAH (Sunday, 8AM) and then we can come out.

hi zip i am sure there will be some work for you on sunday. lonna's & brad's new place is an on going peace of work. there's going to work going now on for a long time. even after they move in, you will see when you get here.

reguards

don c.

hi zip i am sure there will be some work for you on sunday. lonna's & brad's new place is an on going peace of work. there's going to work going now on for a long time. even after they move in, you will see when you get here.

reguards

don c.

Can someone shoot me directions? If not, I'll call Brad after I drop off my brother.

Dave

I think we are going to name this place "The house that Love built" for that's what it's turning out to be

:) Those of you that know me well, know I'm anal on being a perfectionist when I attempt anything. This house has had me doing many 1st's like laying tile and trying to level floors.

Let me tell you I am very hard on myself when I don't get the results I like, and I have tore many things apart and re did them just because it wasn't the way I wanted it or thought it should have been. I was driving to the house today and started thinking, I'll never make a silk purse out of this sow's ear we are working on, it's an old house and some of it's previous repairs were not done all that well. Then it hit me, since last weekend, when it was sprung on me about the members coming and helping out, that all the things that are being done by our family, are unique. Many of these folks are not professional contractors, they are DIYer's like Lonna and I. They are willing to try new things, and give it their best shot at making it as perfect as they can. There's only so much we can do with this place besides gutting it and starting from scratch...that's not going to happen :no-no-no:

Instead I am taking great pleasure, and a lot of pride knowing that any small imperfection, was made with love, from some of our best friends. This makes me very happy and if I see a little thing, I'll know which one of our friends worked diligently to help us with that portion of getting our house ready for us to move into.

So again, today, we did battle with the house, and won some more small victories. Perry and Molly Kuhns (pktexas) , Ray (oldschool), Gunboat, and both Gunboats daughters and the eldests boyfriend, Lonna, Heather and myself were in attendance. It was a great time and we really kicked out some work.

Gunboat and Perry tackled the rest of the tile in the utility room, and did a great job as they had all the cutting in to do. Molly and Heather knocked out LOTS of drywall mudding, Molly had never done it before, but was willing to give it her best shot :thumbsup2: She did a great job as well as Heather. Oldschool, myself and Dean, Erica's (Gunboats eldest daughter) boyfriend tackled the kitchen cabinets and cupboards. Got all the cabinets leveled and screwed in place and 90% of the cupboards up. Stoves in place and tomorrow we will take the fridge over and set it up too :banana:

Thank you to everyone from both weekends, your work is greatly appreciated and will not be forgotten....here are a couple more pics of today's festivities.

#1 Molly

#2 Perry (pktexas)

#3 Gunboat

#4 Dean and Ray (oldschool)

#5 Dean, Ray and myself screwing cabinets together

#6 Lonna

#7 Perry

Can someone shoot me directions? If not, I'll call Brad after I drop off my brother.

Dave

Dave,

Probably the best way for you to come after dropping your brother off will be up US59 to New Caney FM 1485.

Left turn and head north, up past 242 where we live now all the way to FM 2090 (Caney Creek High School will be on your left)

Turn right on 2090 heading east, go about 7 or 8 miles to Daw Collins Road, turn left and head north.

Follow Daw Collins all the way until it dead ends and you'll be at Old Hwy 105 East, turn left and head west about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile and the house will be on the right side with a sign out in front of the road.

If you have any difficulties call me and I'll get you there :thumbsup2:

Looks like it's all coming together. We'd be there if it was at all possible, just not feasible at this time. Glad you had a lot of folks help on this. We agree with the others, Brad and Lonna deserve all the help they can get as they always go out of their way to help others.

Now I am really ticked off.

Folks hugging cabinets; laying tile, and now turning the site into a "Love House".

If you had told us that it was going to be a Roman Orgy I could have headed south.

But no, you keep it a big secret and I end up spending the better part of a week in Winterpeg. :crying:

Just wanted to give a heads up to any that may have been thinking this was another work weekend....it's not

:) Lots going on but we have to be here at the old house to let the A/C guy in to replace the furnace unit, so we wont necessarily be at the new house. Lots of drama going on there, were staying in an RV on the property because of vandals. More to come later, life is still 100 miles per hour. Thank you all again and more of the continuing saga soon :thumbsup2:

Just wanted to give a heads up to any that may have been thinking this was another work weekend....it's not

:) Lots going on but we have to be here at the old house to let the A/C guy in to replace the furnace unit, so we wont necessarily be at the new house. Lots of drama going on there, were staying in an RV on the property because of vandals. More to come later, life is still 100 miles per hour. Thank you all again and more of the continuing saga soon :thumbsup2:

Doesn't sound good Brad...Hope everything is ok.

Fess up, it was probably one one night,.........but I can beleive it felt like a week if you were in Winnipeg. :stirthepot::rotfl:

He was planning on a 5 day trip, to Winterpeg. :snow::snow::snow::snow:

Did Russ meet up with Sarges46 & family, while close by???