IGNORED

Yamaha Royal Star "PALOMINO EDITION"

usedcyclesales

to remove the lower fairings on your mm? or what?:detective:
Yea I'm thinking reverting back to a single air filter under the tank, Relocating misc fuse blocks and misc other components into the upper fairing and doing away with the cruise control components if they couldn't be relocated some where else since the cruise control never worked anyway.

What else would it take to do away with the lower fairing look.

There is the question of the larger carbs and single air filter intake boots?

the motor mounts aka dog bones

the crash bars would have to be changed

its not as simple as just pulling items off and having it look cleaner.

everything has a cost factor that stops most from doing this type of modification

There is the question of the larger carbs and single air filter intake boots?

the motor mounts aka dog bones

the crash bars would have to be changed

its not as simple as just pulling items off and having it look cleaner.

everything has a cost factor that stops most from doing this type of modification

It may not be worth the trouble, but I was just wondering.

My '96 RSTC has the covered hard bags. I'm thinking you could get both back then. Mine are showing their age but as far as I can tell they are all original right down to the straps and buckles on both ends.

I have been researching the Palomino edition as I have been toying with the idea of possibly building a clone. What I found was the '97 Palomino edition had the leather covered hard bags, and the '96 Tour Classic had the throw over style bags. Personally I'm not a fan of the throw over style of bags.

the frame and wire harness on the 2005-2009 tour deluxe are not the same as the 99 -2013 venture

just to clutter things up a little more:rotf::stirthepot:

I believe the frame is the same, but haven't mic'd barebones frames to be 101% sure.

yes to the wire harness because the 2005-2009 rstd doesn't have all the electronics a RSV has.

I believe the frame is the same, but haven't mic'd barebones frames to be 101% sure.

yes to the wire harness because the 2005-2009 rstd doesn't have all the electronics a RSV has.

Bolt the seats on each, then swap turn signal bulbs.

I own both, or i would agree they Appear the same:whistling:i

Yea I'm thinking reverting back to a single air filter under the tank, Relocating misc fuse blocks and misc other components into the upper fairing and doing away with the cruise control components if they couldn't be relocated some where else since the cruise control never worked anyway.

What else would it take to do away with the lower fairing look.

Bob get hold of Hank on the Royal Star V-4 rocks forum He can tell you all about what you want to do. He has already did it.

• 1 year later...

It had Vance & Hines 4-into-4 pipes on it (which sounded AWESOME), but they were in bad shape. V&H no longer makes pipes for this bike, and we couldn't even find factory pipes unless we bought an entire donor bike! We landed these 4-into-2 pipes on eBay; they came off a 2005 Venture. My husband had to make brackets to hold the mufflers, but otherwise, they bolted right up!

We are looking for several chrome pieces for this bike, but they are getting difficult to find!

2015 - new pipes.jpg

Edited by notlostnow

The leathers are looking rough, especially the seats. There has been much discussion around our house about whether or not it's worth it to try to find new old stock in the original tan, or have them redone or replaced. I'm seriously considering putting an Ultimate seat on it in the tan colors. It won't be original, but it would retain the look, which is why I bought it in the first place. I've had it since 2000.

Is a Palomino edition worth any more than any other Royal Star, or is it just a pretty conversation starter?

Back in the day, Yamaha contracted with Bushtec trailers to come up with some customized Royal Stars for a few years (2 or 3), they were very limited editions, the Palominos were some of those bikes. Like anything in this world, they only worth what the next guy is willing to pay, but for a true Royal Star nut, they are often sought after.

There is a member here and on Delphi Royal Star forum that re covers seats, I am sure Woody would do a great job, and he is here in the central Florida area, in or near Orlando. If you are interested I can find him for you.

OH welcome to the looney bin. :o