IGNORED

Other hotel for MD

b2dad

We just booked our rooms for Maintenance Day 2012 at the Quality Inn in Elyria. This is where we have stayed the last 2 years and they have always treated us well. They offered us a very good rate again this year, if anyone is interested.

$60.00 Per night plus tax!!!

All you need to do is call them during the day, M - F, and ask for Laura or Peter. PH: 440-324-7676. Tell them you are with Venture Rider to get this rate. She remembered us from before and said it would not be a problem.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Don and Patti

Yes they like us there and it's real close to the Quaker Steak for Friday's get together...

:2cents: But its not as close to Dons house like the Oberlin Inn is and it doesn't have a restaurant for breakfast ,lunch or $10.00 dinners, and a bar where I can get a late night burger and a pop or two and not have to worry about riding back to the hotel ,and it has covered parking for the scoots, outdoor tables, and chairs and I don't have to sit in the middle of a parking lot in chairs confiscated from empty rooms... I'm sticking to the Oberlin...annnnnnnnnnnnnd did I mention its 3 minutes away from Dons house....:2cents: OK, thats four cents...........:fnd_(16):

:2cents: But its not as close to Dons house like the Oberlin Inn is and it doesn't have a restaurant for breakfast ,lunch or $10.00 dinners, and a bar where I can get a late night burger and a pop or two and not have to worry about riding back to the hotel ,and it has covered parking for the scoots, outdoor tables, and chairs and I don't have to sit in the middle of a parking lot in chairs confiscated from empty rooms... I'm sticking to the Oberlin...annnnnnnnnnnnnd did I mention its 3 minutes away from Dons house....:2cents: OK, thats four cents...........:fnd_(16):

Except I remember how Oberlin Inn treated the group the last couple years. Find it hard to give them money.

Except I remember how Oberlin Inn treated the group the last couple years. Find it hard to give them money.

I'm with you 100% George, I tried to keep my mouth shut....but I can't. The Oberlin Inn treated us very badly a few years back, and although it's closer, I never forget getting shafted. They will NEVER see another penny from me, ever. Y'all can stay where you want, but I'll drive 10 more miles to make sure I hurt them where it hurts most...in their pocket book

:2cents:

Well, I understand how you guys feel and I felt STRONGLY that way last year and I think we punished them by nobody staying there last year. I've mellowed a little now though. They screwed up one year and we punished them the next year. I am personally willing to give them another chance. I'm not trying to tell anybody where to stay and I think that the Quality has treated our members well also. I'm just saying......unless they screw up again...I'm willing to let it go.

Now that being said, I KNOW where I'm staying. AT HOME. :thumbsup2:

Well, I understand how you guys feel and I felt STRONGLY that way last year and I think we punished them by nobody staying there last year. I've mellowed a little now though. They screwed up one year and we punished them the next year. I am personally willing to give them another chance. I'm not trying to tell anybody where to stay and I think that the Quality has treated our members well also. I'm just saying......unless they screw up again...I'm willing to let it go.

Now that being said, I KNOW where I'm staying. AT HOME. :thumbsup2:

Yeah, with about 30 people on your porch along with the pond monsters :whistling:

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. Just trying to give our members another choice. Yes, I would like a restaurant under foot. The cover for the scoots is nice too.

However, the cheaper price appeals to me and the good service and hospitality should not be overlooked. We only stayed at oberlin inn 1 time, but I have to say, we were not treated very well. Our room was not very nice either. So when they canceled my reservation the following year, they did me a favor. It's not that I am holding a grudge, I just want to go where I know I will be welcome. We had a really nice room for a cheaper price.

And who wants to be that close to all the chaos at Freebirds? And the pond monsters? If its nice out, maybe b2dad will let me take the trike for a little spin back to the hotel, lol!:

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. Just trying to give our members another choice. Yes, I would like a restaurant under foot. The cover for the scoots is nice too.

However, the cheaper price appeals to me and the good service and hospitality should not be overlooked. We only stayed at oberlin inn 1 time, but I have to say, we were not treated very well. Our room was not very nice either. So when they canceled my reservation the following year, they did me a favor. It's not that I am holding a grudge, I just want to go where I know I will be welcome. We had a really nice room for a cheaper price.

And who wants to be that close to all the chaos at Freebirds? And the pond monsters? If its nice out, maybe b2dad will let me take the trike for a little spin back to the hotel, lol!:

Absolutely no offense taken...I have never been treated badly at the Oberlin. I have always been treated well there, even when everyone else decided to go somewhere else. I think myself, buffalobodnar, spankym and old goat were the only ones who stayed there two years ago when everyone else pulled the plug. If anything , they knew they screwed up and bent over backwards for us. All I'm saying is that I think it is more convient to stay there...for me anyway...just my opinion.......Everyone has to decide for themselves....I remember having to wait at the comfort inn last year for the manager to return from the store with bananas and coffee so that we could have breakfast...we would still be waiting for the coffee if one of our members (McCarl I think) didn't show the manager how to get the coffeemaker going........he couldn't figure it out !!!! Again, I just like the convience of being close to Dons place, thats all...........Going back to my corner now....:whistling: