IGNORED

15 Best Motorcycle Roads

Chinto

Since many of us are winter bound and looking forward to riding again, I found an article to wet your riding appetite. If you can't ride then at least we can plan for the next ride. It turns out I have been on 2 of the article's chosen routes (#7 and #2). I definitely want to check out some of the other routes too like the Million Dollar Road.

Personally, I think 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff through Oak Creek Canyon is on my top 5 best routes but not listed here. Also Mingus Mountain through Jerome AZ was another one for me. What is on your top five list as the best routes you have motorcycled on over the years?

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/placestoride/ss/The-15-Best-Motorcycle-Roads-In-America.htm

There are two obvious omissions ... well three really.

1. US Highway 1 to Key West

2. The Dalton Highway, Alaska (Haul Road)

3. Talimena Scenic Highway (Arkansas/Oklahoma)

Of those I have personally ridden #3. Key West is on the agenda for this year.

The Talimena road is simply stunning. I have ridden it twice recently. Once at about 30 mph with my wife on the back. It's a visually beautiful ride, esp. in Fall, and a great afternoon out.

Second time was during a Rally and on the clock. Trying that road at 60mph is quite an experience on an 800lb bike! I did it and we survived. That was a fun experience but not for the faint of heart.

There are so many good roads, trying to put them in the best order of 1 to 15 is impossible. I have ridden 7 of the roads on the list and they are all great, but I have ridden hundredths of other roads that were just as good. I love to ride new to me roads. I am having my right hip replaced next Thursday. I should have about 3 months down time to be looking at maps and planning a trip for late spring. I will be looking for some good suggestions from you all.

Earl

Personally, I think 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff through Oak Creek Canyon is on my top
Spent a week there recently. Had a rental cage and took 89A to flag, then the Grand Canyon. Wished the entire time we had the bike.

Highway 90 from Noel MO. east to hwy 37

Riding anywhere in and around Eureka Springs to Harrison to Jasper Arkansas.....whoo pig soooieee.

Talimena scenic byway

I think us noreaster's should make our own list. I'll start it off.

1. route 54 and 54a around Kauka lake in the fingerlakes of NY

I stayed on that lake for a couple days last summer. Nice area but there are a lot better roads.

Anywhere in the Addirondaks. Vermont RT 100. A lot of the roads in Vt got hit hard by the flooding from Irene.