IGNORED

If you or a friend has one I need it.

HGWT

I have a Great Pyrenees service dog that must be with me at all times. The dog is large to huge. is 5 ft.9 inches when standing on her rear feet. weighs in a little over a hundred pounds. she stands at 36 inches floor to top of her head. I need a trailer pull behind my Royal Star Venture MM edition that will accomodate the dog. She is a diabetic seizure alert dog. I have a Bushtec Turbo with the zippered hangup bag, spare tire tube and wheel, updated suspension, trailer travel cover, ice chest with cover, trailer bra, all lights l.e.d. rear light bar with peterson lights, fully carpeted inside. Color is polar white, I am seeking something of equal value. Located in Tulsa OK 9187200395

I think you may be better off to sell the Bushtec and then find what you need. I think you will be hard pressed to find such a specialty item to trade for. Bushtec does make a trailer that is especially designed for dogs but I doubt it would be large enough for yours. Heck, if it is, you could easily modify what you already have as it is basically the same trailer.

http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=164

I think you may be better off to sell the Bushtec and then find what you need. I think you will be hard pressed to find such a specialty item to trade for. Bushtec does make a trailer that is especially designed for dogs but I doubt it would be large enough for yours. Heck, if it is, you could easily modify what you already have as it is basically the same trailer.

http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=164

And the dog in right in the exhaust stream when in the trailer. I'd think about a side car.....

And the dog in right in the exhaust stream when in the trailer. I'd think about a side car.....

You certainly would not want to mess up the dogs nose with exhaust fumes since it is the sense of smell that is helping you out.

I have seen a dog trailer where the bike had exhaust tips that took the exhaust right to the ground and a lot farther back so that it would go under the trailer and then had an air scoop up high enough above the wind screen to ensure fresh air intake to ventilate the trailer for the dog. It appeared to be something home made.

Good luck with whatever you come up with.

Some time ago the local police had a problem with their dogs failing to track. They found out that exhaust fumes were leaking into the back of the cars where the dogs were. It was not enough to affect anyone or even for a human to smell. Just enough to screw up the dogs sense of smell.

• 1 month later...

I know you posted this last month but i was looking for someone that needed a trailer hitch and read this post. I have a 1970 Yamaha XS1100 set up for touring with a full fairing, lowers,removable saddle bags and trunk plus a backrest for the driver. I have installed on it a Velorex 700 sidecar. This is a high backed seat with a flip up windshield. I have modified it to run using a car battery to accommodate all the lights on the bags and the car itself. The previous sidecar owner had a white lab that he used to take every where with him including to trips to Lake Georges Americade. The bikes been sitting this last year. My kids are all grown and ride their own now. and I have no time to ride it amongst my other bikes.

The XS1100 is torquey and strong and will keep up with all your friends and then some. It would allow you to keep the RSV free to ride as a bike and not endanger the dogs ability to smell any changes in you which the exhaust stream might have been a problem with. I' don't want a lot for it. Its taking up room in my garage and any cash i get for it with go toward the 86 i'm buying in the spring. If interested contact me here or call me at 315 521 3729. You cansee picture in the ads here of other bikes. PB&J Phil lepel.