IGNORED

I want to try CT

rowdy7

I need a new rear tire for my '07 RSV and want to try a CT. I want a 165/80/15 but the Kumho that everyone seems satisfied with is no longer available. Ponch dissed the Nexen and I respect that. That leaves a Nankang or maybe a Federal. Anyone with experience with a Nankang??

I really don't want to go with a 155 such as the BFG TA. My speedometer is off bad enough as it is. And, I don't want to run higher rpms for same speed. And, I don't want the bike lower. I already have leveling links to raise the rear!!!

I've not seen many posts since the Kumhos became scarce. I even did some lurking on the darksiders.com forum and no help.

What is the popular tire now? I want to get what the general consensus of the users on this forum think is the best CT tire for the RSV and give it a good shot. Your experienced comments are very much appreciated.

Jim

I'm glad you posted this. I am up for another rear tire (16K+ miles on an E3) and am debating a CT. I am not looking for longer life, although that would be nice. However, I have been having confidence trouble on gravel and I understand the CT provides a much better feel on non-pavement roads.

We will be heading to Alaska next summer and I am sure there will be gravel/nasty pavement.

It may just be my lack of skills. But, dang, gravel just scares the heck out of me. The only two times I dropped my bike was in gravel.

RR

Jeff,

There is a distinct difference in gravel based on location and quarry. I rode and still ride gravel, first in Nebraska and Iowa and now in North Carolina. I have no problem with it. I have ridden gravel in Arkansas and Missouri and it scared the p@@p out of me. I wish you well with your tire selection.

:farmer:

hi jim

i have a kumo c/t in my garage. it was a spare for my old '99 rsv. i will have to check the date on the side wall as to how old it is. but i think it's a year old now. i now have a trike with two wide c/t's on it. you are welcome to it, if you want it. just pay shipping. my # is in my profile or send me a pm.

reguards

don c.

hi jim

i have a kumo c/t in my garage. it was a spare for my old '99 rsv. i will have to check the date on the side wall as to how old it is. but i think it's a year old now. i now have a trike with two wide c/t's on it. you are welcome to it, if you want it. just pay shipping. my # is in my profile or send me a pm.

reguards

don c.

Thanks,

PM sent.

Jim

I''m almost ready for my 3rd CT. I've used the NEXEN on teh previous 2. I did have one blow on installation, but that was due to the shop inflating the tire too fast. I'll stick with the NEXEN, its easy to find and it handles great. I got scrape marks on the boards to prove it.:whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

165-vredstein sprint + 165/80 r15 86s

I've seen this tire online and would like to know more about it, like where is it made, etc.

I found out it is made in the Netherlands.

Also found out that BF Goodrich hasn't been in the tire business since 1990--Michelin Took it over then.

It does cost more for some reason. Guess that's why

Can't find a Kumho either--Guess that leaves Nexen, Federal, and Nankang

Steve

Edited by eagleeye