IGNORED

Can somebody make a phone call for me please?

Greetings all.

I've been sending emails to Flatout Motorcycles in Indianapolis, Indiana but getting no response. I tried to ring them once, but it was too late in the night here in Australia to wait around for them to open up in their morning.

I want to know if they have a 2008 rear shock for a 2004 RSV that I can buy from them through their website.

You may know from other posts of mine that my shock crapped itself, and after shopping around I've settled on a genuine CURRENT model replacement. A fellow Aussie member lockdoc said he bought a 2005 one from Flatout for his 2004, and It's been suggested to me that I go for a 2008 model unit due to apparently better modifications.

Now, herein lies my problem. THEY WON'T TALK TO ME!

Is there somebody on this forum who lives nearby to flatout who can give them a ring on 317-890-9110 and ask them to respond to my emails, or email me so I know we're talking?

If whoever is in a position to do so would like to PM me, I'll supply my email address for relaying to them.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm in a bit of a rut. Needless to say I can land a genuine unit in Australia from America, far cheaper than I can buy it here at home. Crazy, but true.

Steve,

I will try to get ahold of Flatout on Monday, but dont hold your breath as it will be Christmas eve. Wednesday will be the better try and I'll see how much it is and if they'll ship it internationally.

If not we'll make some sort of arraingement to get it across the pond, I'll be in touch...Have a great Christmas :happy34:

Steve,

I will try to get ahold of Flatout on Monday, but dont hold your breath as it will be Christmas eve. Wednesday will be the better try and I'll see how much it is and if they'll ship it internationally.

If not we'll make some sort of arraingement to get it across the pond, I'll be in touch...Have a great Christmas :happy34:

Aren't you supposed to be on holidays? ENjoy yourself. Now who's gonna make the call?

Aren't you supposed to be on holidays? ENjoy yourself. Now who's gonna make the call?

I am on holidays...were in St. Louis right now at Allan H's :)

We can both make the call, never can have too much information available to oneself. Besides, if they wont do an international ship, I'll have it shipped to me and then I'll get it down under :happy34:

BTW Buddy....Merry Christmas!

Copy al that. Just tried to ring you on your mobile (cell) phone, but no response.

Left you a voice message.:happy34:

(Ain't technology wonderful? Ten years ago all of this would have taken weeks of writing letters back and forth!)

Hey guys, I work right down the street from Flatout, I can do a personal meet & greet with Chris. His cousin is a good friend of mine. I don't doubt that they'll be closed thru Christmas. I can contact them on Wed's. if that's when they'll next be open.

Dan

Brad/Spear

I am most likely in need of a shock next year as well, so ? is there something special about these ?

Brad

Hi Brad,

I'm led to believe that the 2008 RSV has the latest version of the rear shock, so if you're gonna have the best you can get (without buying a Works unit) you may as well get one for the latest model.

Spear

Hey guys, I work right down the street from Flatout, I can do a personal meet & greet with Chris. His cousin is a good friend of mine. I don't doubt that they'll be closed thru Christmas. I can contact them on Wed's. if that's when they'll next be open.

Dan

Sounds like a real good approach to me, I'm out of here for now, but will stay posted.

Dan

Hi Dan,

You can't beat service like this. While you were writing this I was sending a PM.

With Brad making a call and us as local backup we should be able to accomplish something.

We could do our Brethren in the South a big favor by setting up our own delivery system, they could send us their favorite beverage and we could ship their parts. I know you get a better discount from Flatout if you order online and have it direct shipped ( even if you live next door!), so we could save them a lot of money and probably get it to them quicker!

:detective::detective::detective:

Merry Christmas,

Dan

Hi Brad,

I'm led to believe that the 2008 RSV has the latest version of the rear shock, so if you're gonna have the best you can get (without buying a Works unit) you may as well get one for the latest model.

Spear

Hey, i sincerly doubt, that what you will get with a 2008 Shock is different to a 2007 or 2006 Unit.

Why should they change anything on the maufacturing of the Shock ?

Like i said before, get yourself a aftermarket Shock and be happy for the Rest of Life, or possibly go through all this in 2 Years again. A Aftermarket Unit can be repaired, because it will be dismountable, a stock Unit won't be, 2008 or earlier.

We could do our Brethren in the South a big favor by setting up our own delivery system, they could send us their favorite beverage and we could ship their parts. I know you get a better discount from Flatout if you order online and have it direct shipped ( even if you live next door!), so we could save them a lot of money and probably get it to them quicker!

:detective::detective::detective:

Merry Christmas,

Dan

We could save them even more money if we put it on our own scoot first, tried it out to make sure it works well, say for a short period of time, maybe a year, and then ship it to them. Then it would be a used part, no tax, and we could be assured that they get good working parts. After all, what is family for????