IGNORED

Ontario Thanks Giving Colour Ride

saddlebum

Ok The plans have been laid for a thanksgiving colour ride. There will be two meeting places. and will take place Sat Oct 8(tommorrow morning)

1st meeting place will be at Rockwood (guelph line and hwy 7 ) at the Rockwood Petro Canada http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_ca/mapfiles/transparent.png

295 Alma (hwy 7), Rockwood, at 8:00 am

2nd meeting place will be at Mono Mills ( airport road and hwy 9 ) at the timmies at 9:00 am.

From this point on we will be at Marcarl's mercy

these plans are the result of discussions taken place in Brantford ride night threads

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60487

Edited by saddlebum

Ok The plans have been laid for a thanksgiving colour ride. There will be two meeting places. and will take place Sat Oct 8(tommorrow morning)

1st meeting place will be at Rockwood (guelph line and hwy 7 ) at the Rockwood Petro Canada http://maps.gstatic.com/intl/en_ca/mapfiles/transparent.png

295 Alma, Rockwood, at 8:00 am

2nd meeting place will be at Mono Mills ( airport road and hwy 9 ) at the timmies at 9:00 am.

From this point on we will be at Marcarl's mercy

these plans are the result of discussions taken place in Brantford ride night threads

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60487

Best be ready for some U-turns and who knows what else,,,,,,, don't blame me, It's all Ben's idea!!!!!:whistling::happy65::think:

truth be told I've only had 1 evening to look at it. But I"m as lost as ever!

I'm thinking there might be a trailer wintering in Rochester at this rate!:crying:

Any reason it can't be hooked behind a car?...Full of shopping stuff you didn't buy. :innocent-emoticon: Edited by saddlebum

What a fantastic day to ride,,, and what a day it was,,, the company was great, we didn't make enough mistakes to get totally lost, we ate well, the coffee and pie and ICE_CREAM was great, no real wind, not too hot, no clouds, and only one gravel road. 15 hours gone and worth every minute,,,,,, come-on Monday!!!!

I'm thinking to meet at our place and leave about 9 am, head south to the lake, do the lake ride, maybe have lunch in Talbotville, head up into Huron county and then come back through Mennonite country.

We could also do the same as we did yesterday,, but that WILL be close to 15 hours. We met at Mono Mills at 9 and left @ 9:30,( Ben talks a lot), arrived in Thornbury about 1:30 had supper in Cambridge about 7:30, got home @ 10.

So I suggest a more changeable \ adjustable route that we can cut short or lengthen at will, and still be home when we want. Colors should be good in those areas, from what I could judge yesterday.

Hopefully I will be able to be online sometime today, we will be in Acton, celebrating Thanksgiving.

Sooooooooo I mad e a BIG mistake,,, and it really sucks,,,,,,,after getting all physched up for another all day ride, I remember that I have double duty at our church ThanksGiving service tomorrow. We won't be home until 12,,, so you all will have to ride without us I guess. Marca & I will have to spend the aft on our own,, maybe meet up for supper.

Yes it was a great ride and it was well worth letting Carl (who we all know never talks at all) take the reins and lead the way, and we we even survived, all two of us. It is amazing what you can see close to home if you take the time too look. I took a couple pics I will post later.

Edited by saddlebum

In this case (Carl get's us all worked up and bails on us):doh: New plan is to meet at Wayne's house at 9..

I can come up with a route that includes some of what Carl had planned. The lake still sounds good with lunch in Talbotville..

What say you all?

Edited by Wizard765

In this case (Carl get's us all worked up and bails on us):doh: New plan is to meet at Wayne's house at 9..

I can come up with a route that includes some of what Carl had planned. The lake still sounds good with lunch in Talbotville..

What say you all?

I am good with that. Kind of like the Idea actually. And looking at the map I think Carl could probably intersect us any number of places along the way if he so wishes.

Hi wayne we got to bed late due to familly being over and all. As it stands we won't get out until nine add approx 1 hour to get to your place we would not get there until about Ten. Maybe if I jknew what your route was we could meet you along the way somewhere.

Sooooooooo I mad e a BIG mistake,,, and it really sucks,,,,,,,after getting all physched up for another all day ride, I remember that I have double duty at our church ThanksGiving service tomorrow. We won't be home until 12,,, so you all will have to ride without us I guess. Marca & I will have to spend the aft on our own,, maybe meet up for supper.

We just got home from the trip to Napanee with Steve and Michelle to pick up their trailer. Left the house before 7am....

So.... not going to make it tomorrow. Will try to make the dinner at Pioneer for 6pm. (Carl... post when you confirm, please).

Hi wayne we got to bed late due to familly being over and all. As it stands we won't get out until nine add approx 1 hour to get to your place we would not get there until about Ten. Maybe if I jknew what your route was we could meet you along the way somewhere.

I'll say this makes for real interesting planning,,,,, glad we're such an easy going bunch or we could get real mad at each other.

So,,,,, just to stir the pot,,,,,, let's say that Ben actually gets on the scoot at 9,, well he'll have to talk first,,,, so it's now 9:15 and he arrives at Wizards at exactly 10:15,,, has to meet all that are there and talk to each one,,,,, it's now 10:45,,,, it takes 35 min to ride to Marcarl's and it's just about time for lunch, so you all decide where to eat,,, do that and that's another hour,,,,, all added up it's now about 12:30,,,,,,,,,HEY???? we're home from church and only need to snack, change and get on the bike,,,, you all couldn't be that far away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,