IGNORED

I solved my communication problem for $46

rstacy

I had been looking to get helmets with headsets so that the wife and I could take advantage of the VR sound system. I was wanting to go blue-tooth but anything decent was going to be a small fortune.

The forum suggested looking for Goldwing helmets on Ebay or CL. I have been looking but finding helmets in the right size wasn't working out.

A friend bought the Parrot SK4000 for $46 on Amazon. I did a search on here and found 1 post. This little device is perfect! I ended up buying one for each helmet. Installation was a breeze.

The sound quality is very good but it really shines when talking to someone. I'm cruising down the road at 65 and they never even realize that I am on a bike. It has a remote or uses voice commands. Other than a software bug with automatic gain control, it has worked perfect. It even has a radio. In addition to blue-tooth support, it has an analog input port for my GPS or Ipod or whatever.

Now if the wife and I want to talk, I just call her up on her phone. Most of us have unlimited minutes so its no big deal.

I love the thing. I especially love it for $46!

http://www.raymondstacy.com/parrot.jpg

Yeah I have a new J&M Elite set that was missing one of the boom mics and a cord when I got it. I didn't look in the box when I got it. I had it on the shelf for a couple years so I can't complain now and they want over 100 bucks for the cord. I don't know how much for the mic.

I have a complete duel headset minus one boom mic and lower cord

Parts are crazy. Can't find them and prices are nuts

Dan which model do you have? I buy my cords for under $40. I will look at my newest one but if I remeber right the cord for it was $100 but founf that a different cord (earlier model) worked fine.

looks like a decent gadget for the $$$ - too bad it doesn't offer intercom to passenger other than thru the phone.

I agree with you. That is probably the only feature that I would like to add but for the $46, Ill make the call.

I would also like to have 4 way communication but thats how we get back to $500.