IGNORED

Taking off for 9 days

cecdoo

We are taking off tomorrow for a 9 day getaway, having new avons put on this am. 18K out of the last set, not too bad. We are spending the 1st nite in Natural Bridge Va, next nite in Black Mtn. then 2 nites at Mt Pisgah. Then a nite at the Biltmore Inn, next nite in Blowing Rock, then wind our way back up the Parkway. Looks like the weather is gonna be pretty good, any recommendations on neat things to see along the way is appreciated. If ya see a shiney 06 out there stop me I will buy the coffee.:thumbsup:

Craig

We are taking off tomorrow for a 9 day getaway, having new avons put on this am. 18K out of the last set, not too bad. We are spending the 1st nite in Natural Bridge Va, next nite in Black Mtn. then 2 nites at Mt Pisgah. Then a nite at the Biltmore Inn, next nite in Blowing Rock, then wind our way back up the Parkway. Looks like the weather is gonna be pretty good, any recommendations on neat things to see along the way is appreciated. If ya see a shiney 06 out there stop me I will buy the coffee.:thumbsup:

Craig

If you can let me know when you are going to be available, maybe we can get together one day for a meal or something. If you had let me know you were coming this way, you could have saved some motel expense. Make sure you have my cell if you need anything.

RandyA

Edited by Venturous Randy

Thanks for the nice comments, it was sorta a last minute thing. Kim was able to get off next week, I just finished a job and had the week open and the weather looked pretty good, so we decided to take off. Havent had any problems booking hotels so I guess the area mite not be too busy, which is a good thing!

Randy thank you for the kind offer, it is appreciated. We will be in Black Mtn around 4-5pm on Sun. if anyone in the area wants to meet for dinner? I do have your phone# just in case we need any help.

Thanks, Craig

I would love to meet up with you Sunday for dinner, but it may be a bit cool riding back across the mountain at night. Linda and I may be available Monday if you would like to have a riding companion.

RandyA

Planning on leaving Blk Mtn Monday am and riding Blk Mtn Rag to Chimney Rock, spend some time there then ride 64 over to Parkway and up to the Pisgah Inn, you are more than welcome to join us, just let me know where the best place to meet would be? I can call you Sunday nite.

Darn! Would love to join you on your trip but we just got back from PIP last week and we are kinda tapped out at the moment! Have a great time! We want to do Asheville next summer sometime again...

Hope we can do it again next year too! Maybe ride down together!

Stay away from the gas stations in Black Mountain,LOL.Might be able to meet up with you guys on Monday since we will be in Bristol for Rythem and Roots on Sunday.Bought a new to me Yamaha yesterday and need to give it a good test ride.

Was wondering who was gonna bring up the gas station thing:doh:

I'll be careful, I have your number and will give you a call Sunday nite to get together Monday, been awhile Gerald.

Craig

Was wondering who was gonna bring up the gas station thing:doh:

I'll be careful, I have your number and will give you a call Sunday nite to get together Monday, been awhile Gerald.

Craig

that was the first time i ever seen the southern game of pick up truck catchin.

hope the weather stays good for you two, enjoy

cheers, Scott

Well we are back, first off I am glad I put the new Avons on rite before we left, they are great in the rain, and we did hit a little rain:yikes: also :thumbsup: to Frogg Toggs they work great, did I mention it rained:rain2: We had a great time, stayed in some really nice places, had some awesome meals, and met alot of very friendly people. For some strange reason I had the oldie "Hello Mudda, Hello Fodda, here I am at camp Grenada..... playing in my head for a week:think: As far as pics, there really arent any good ones, if you picture being inside of a cloud with little to no lite, you get the idea. We stayed at the Pisgah Inn in Mt Pisgah, next year we are going to go back to see what it looks like:doh: Talk about a "Pucker Factor" leaving the Inn in zero visability in the pouring rain after 2 days and heading down the Parkway, lotta thrills, no spills:thumbsup: We encountered quite a few large groups of Harley riders, and they were all very nice, one group of 10-15 bikes stayed at the same Hotel in Blowing Rock, great bunch of guys, invited us rite into there group and made quite a few comments on the Venture. No bashing here:thumbsup: We really did see a different side of the Parkway, but in its own way it was still very beautiful and mysterious, we would actually get above the clouds and the sky was blue and sun was shining, but you would head down into the clouds and it would be smokey, hazy and rainy. I would watch the double yellow line and Kim would look out over the shield for deer or bear or turkeys, lots of turkeys!!!!

I do want to Thank Rooster for meeting us and showing us around Black Mtn, it wasnt a real nice day and he was good enough to come out and show us around, Thanks Gerald!

Inn at Natural Bridge, nice room, good food, bridge was cool

Pisgah Inn, nice room, good food, they say its a great view??

Biltmore Estate is something to see!

Blowing Rock is a cool little town, Azalea Inn gets 5 stars!!!

Peaks of Otter, room is very sparse, pricey, good food.

Craig

Inspite of the weather, I'm glad youse guys had a good safe trip.Yes the views are fantastic. When Peggy and I did the Blueridge and Skyline Drive we got to see it!!:rotf:

We would rather be up there in the rain with a chance of sunshine then having to be going to work everyday

For some strange reason I had the oldie "Hello Mudda, Hello Fodda, here I am at camp Grenada..... playing in my head for a week:think: Craig "you are showing your age with that song reference. There are some here scatching their heads wondering what you

mean:whistling:

Glad you got to do the trip and yes, that part of the Parkway is really beautiful, especially if you can see it. Back in July, Linda and I camped across the road from the Inn and it was great.

I really wish we had met up with you rather than the short ride we did. Maybe I would not have laid the bike down and then have the Vitreous hemorrhage in my right eye that was probably related to me picking the bike back up.

Glad you made it back home and if you want to try this again in the future, please let me know and I will see, I hope, what I can do.

RandyA

It sure was good to see the two of you again.Luckly the rain held off and we had a good ride to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock.Unfortunately the elevator at the Rock was out of order but I am sure you enjoyed the 500 steps to the top.I know I enjoyed waiting down at the bottom .Glad you got to ride some of the back roads down here.Highway 80 (The Rooster Tale)is my favorite road to ride.Sorry about the rain BUT we sure did need it.Again,good to see the two of you again.