IGNORED

New 2012 star line up

TARHEEL RIDER

Nothing changed on any of their models except maybe paint color............At least Harley keeps introducing new models or upgrades to their older models....................................

If Yamaha's hit the sweet spot, why mess with it. (Keep trying HD, you'll get it right sooner or later)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dancefool:Wooo Hoo the cassette deck is still in the 2012 model. Wow and their going to throw in a Ipod. Still think the space could be better used for an XM radio or such. On an upbeat note J&M now offers a harness and Blu-tooth module to link all your onboard audio/CB to their blu-tooth headsets. Now we can have the best of both worlds.

Well, if it had a built in XM or Sirius, that just means that I would have to pay for yet another subscription. I much prefer my stand alone unit in the Garmin 665 that I can move around from one vehicle to another.

I honestly am surprised that anybody expected to see anything new. If there was an entirely new RSV on the radar, there would have been at least SOME leaked information about it. I never expected to see any updates to the current bike. If and when we see a new Venture, I fully expect that it will be totally new, not just small changes to what we have now.

It does worry me a bit that they made updates to the Stratoliner. NAV system and etc. They appear to be moving it more and more towards a full blown tourer. About the only things remaining are a tour pak and cruise control. Not sure if it has intercom or not but those are very simple things to ad. I HOPE that is not the future of the Venture. I think it's a nice bike but certainly not a Venture.

I love my 07 RSV. Cassette deck is gone. I made and installed a guage faceplate. As far as an I-pod, there was always a jack next to the cassette deck you could plug an ipod into. Once you remove the deck, run another cord out to the handlebars, get a Ram Mount for your favorite MP3 or IPod and your all set. Cost of cord and mount is less than $60. As far as the Factory cd player, why bother? Now if I was in the market for a new bike......Kawasaki here I come.

... Kawasaki here I come.

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9529.gif

Well, maybe that is just me :stickpoke::stickpoke: :stirthepot:

---

I have a music player that never runs out of batteries, can hold a reasonable amount of music, can be controlled by the handlebar mounted control and is integrated into the audio system. Yup, you guessed it. The cassette deck - I still use mine.

When I want to listen to something else I just use the Aux plug. I think Yamaha did a great job engineering this well rounded setup. They allow for folks to choose between the radio, cassette, CD AND whatever the heck else you want to plug in. And even include a 12V power port right up front. I still do not understand why people have such a problem with having MORE options. An 'iPod' dock would tick me right off as it could ONLY be used with an 'iPod' instead of this AUX port that can be used with ANYTHING that has an audio out.

Anyhoo, I know this is one of those never ending discussions.

Regardless, I am happy that the value of my bike will not plummet this year - any more than standard depreciation would do to it anyways.

...I am happy that the value of my bike will not plummet this year...

I've always felt that the (monetary) value of a thing is determined by the amount you sell it for. If I don't sell it, and have no intention of selling it, I guess that makes my RSTD PRICELESS....

I've always felt that the (monetary) value of a thing is determined by the amount you sell it for. If I don't sell it, and have no intention of selling it, I guess that makes my RSTD PRICELESS....

Very valid point. I suppose I keep on eye on the resale value and what the market is doing because I like to make sure I am prepared for the worst. While my bike IS my primary mode of trasnportation, I do still have a truck. If financial hardships hit and stuff needs to start moving, frankly, my bike is one of my highest valued possessions that I consider to not be a necessity. Sadly, that means it will be one of the first to find its way to the market, if need be. I do not PLAN on doing that, but if need be, I wouldn't hesitate.

If Yamaha were to update the venture these are the things I would like to see...

Lower center of gravity (top heavy)

Run flat tires with solid core "unless tweels are avaliable"

ABS brakes

"large but tastefull stop lights" on trunk

Airbag

Retractable windshield going from say 10 to 18 inches... maybe two piece... would definately have to shed water better...

Waterproof in dash box with aux jack for ipods/cell phones etc

A reverse wouldnt hurt either...

Don't want them to start down the road Honda went, with the $1000 per accessory and the 3 different packages that include things that i really don't want or need "like xm radio or a gps system"... kinda nice that the venture comes with floorboards cb/radio etc...

Edited by CaptainJoe

If all the ideas that the new Venture will come out with a big v-twin, I'm glad I got the 09. I have received more comments and compliments on the looks of the V-4. They would have to do something real special and make it under 20 grand to convince me that I should trade the 09. I have been on the V-4 since 97 when I sold my 96 Heritage Softail for a new Royal Star and kept it until my wife got me the 09 Venture S for my 50th birthday. I have had no trouble from either bike except for regular maint and some extra TLC, when I have the extra $$$ to do so. Hell, I even thought the 1st gens were pretty cool back in their day!!!!!

Everyone's coming out with a V4. I'd like to see a V6 built on the new V-Max engine to give the BMW1600 a run. Maybe two configurations. Cruiser/Bagger, and Sports Tourer. FI, full analog guages on the CB, and LCD cluster on the T, integrated audio/cb on both, ABS and Traction control, slipper 6 speed. Also wouldn't mind seeing a V6 super bike. :stirthepot:

It does worry me a bit that they made updates to the Stratoliner. They appear to be moving it more and more towards a full blown tourer.

I HOPE that is not the future of the Venture. I think it's a nice bike but certainly not a Venture.

Depends on how the market grows. Yamaha may try to push the sales with the Stratoliners, to compete with the Victory Cross road

Pretty sure I won't purchase a V-Twin :think:

Brad

It sounds as if everybody's biggest gripe is the cassette deck.? They now offer the isimple through the dealer to run your ipod through the audio controls on your bike. I personally like the V-4, we stand out in the crowd. As far as the carbs, I can tune those as often as needed for nothing but my time and a few beers with my bud, Dannie. Maybe the efi would be nice, but it is not a show stopper or must have. If they do go to a V twin, how much different would it look than a Hardly Driveable? Again, this is just one mans opinion, but I like my 09 just the way it was made.

By the way, I had an HD and went to the V4 after one year, thought I had to be like everyone else, got to say I is much happier with the Yamaha.