IGNORED

Looking at HD's

newventure

As I see it when you spend the kind of money we spend on our motorcycles whether HD Victory, Honda, RSVor whatever brand a person chooses to ride that person will have a good motorcycle. There are lemons no matter what brand you might buy and they all need regular maintenance.

What I like best about the HD is the color selection. They have some great colors. That's about it. I've never owned one but I have looked at them and other than looks I don't see alot I would want to buy. Oh yeah and sound but I have a Road Star too so that takes care of that.

Now the BIG difference I see in the motorcycle world is the attitude of the rider. I don't even like to walk into a HD dealer. I don't drive an inferior machine and I don't need to be told that buy a guy who can't even spell Yamaha. I don't need to be told that I am inferior because I ride a clone. I don't need to be told by a kid with 20 miles riding experience that his HD is better than my Yamaha because his HD is black.

In the previous example of a road test there was talk of loosing power at altitude but when I came over the Rocky Mountains at over 10,000 feet my RSV didn't even b reath heavy.

There is a youtube video comparing the RSV and HD and when all was said and done it was the "Harley mistique" what won over the evaluators. What the hell does that mean?

And how can you compare a HEAVELY modified HD to a stock Venture. Lets compare my HEAVELY modified Road Star to the HD and we might have a more evenly matched comparison.

OK I'm done.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it when you spend the kind of money we spend on our motorcycles whether HD Victory, Honda, RSVor whatever brand a person chooses to ride that person will have a good motorcycle. There are lemons no matter what brand you might buy and they all need regular maintenance.

What I like best about the HD is the color selection. They have some great colors. That's about it. I've never owned one but I have looked at them and other than looks I don't see alot I would want to buy. Oh yeah and sound but I have a Road Star too so that takes care of that.

Now the BIG difference I see in the motorcycle world is the attitude of the rider. I don't even like to walk into a HD dealer. I don't drive an inferior machine and I don't need to be told that buy a guy who can't even spell Yamaha. I don't need to be told that I am inferior because I ride a clone. I don't need to be told by a kid with 20 miles riding experience that his HD is better than my Yamaha because his HD is black.

In the previous example of a road test there was talk of loosing power at altitude but when I came over the Rocky Mountains at over 10,000 feet my RSV didn't even b reath heavy.

There is a youtube video comparing the RSV and HD and when all was said and done it was the "Harley mistique" what won over the evaluators. What the hell does that mean?

And how can you compare a HEAVELY modified HD to a stock Venture. Lets compare my HEAVELY modified Road Star to the HD and we might have a more evenly matched comparison.

OK I'm done.

I went into a dealer last year and got the same treatment. That dealer didnt get my business. I still have my rstd,and my son has started riding it, but when I told them what I had as a possible trade, my new dealer politely told me what they would do as far as trading it. I knew that it was coming. He was good about it though, it wasnt to many years ago that their dealership handled Yammies as well.

As far as the 1st dealer that was rude to me, I put the salesman right in his place. I told him to put his road glide up next to my tour deluxe on a ride and we would see which performs better. I told him we both knew what the answer was. And as far as the mystique.....I didnt give a sh*^. After we got through that b.s. he was tripping over himself. But by then it was too late.

When I went out to Sturgis my bike was stock other than the 79 dollar bars. I had the headpipe mods done while out there after idling down LaZelle street a few times. My stock road glide to my stock tour deluxe was no comparison in handling. My road glide has the 103 with abs and oil cooler as well. They both have good power, but its different power. With the glide it lugs real well, and the deluxe you keep up your rpms.

When i went looking for a new bike, I wanted feet forward with a fixed fairing. The foot position with the wing wouldnt do. So there was one obvious choice, and I'm glad I made it. The Road Glide is the best kept secret HD has. And judging by how many I saw at Sturgis, the secret is out.

It's a funny thing. I've never had a Harley rider talk down about one of my bikes...whether I was riding my Nomad, Valkyries, RSTD, or RSVs. Maybe it's where you live that makes the difference. I've never been into a Harley dealer looking at bikes and had a salesman talk down about what I rode in on. There are lots of Harley riders here and I ride with many....none ever talk shyte about my bike, and especially my Valk, unless it's in fun and the same with me and their Harleys. The RSV is a nice bike but it's dated....deal with it. If you like it that's great, and I liked the 2 that I owned but there was more that I didn't like than what I did like. I must like a dated bike also since I sold my '07 RSV and bought a '98 Valk. Just ride what you like and enjoy the ride....everyone doesn't like the same kind of car either.

Alot of good comments here. Just got back on a 2 hr. ride 2 up through the mountains and I did notice that I do have to keep the revs. up to make it power up the mountains, which I've always known the venture is a mid to high rpm bike, but along with it comes more motor noice cluth chirp. The last year my wife has never heard it even with the stock mufflers or now with the roadking mufflers, and she said today is that the noise you've been telling me about? I said yes and the longer we ride it the louder it seems to get. We're headed to the Del Marva bike event at OC. md in a few weeks and honestly I'm considering taking the 1500 classic instead of the venture, unles I decide on the Harley deal before then. After today's ride and yesterdays ride I think I made up my mind. I do like the venture, but I just don't thrilled or excited while riding. I guess the harley's seem to loaf along at cruising and highway speeds and the venture is screeming and to me several hrs. of that gets annoying with the constant buzzing. Yes they do accelerate quickly but I'm not into that. The casette deck is not a deciding factor in my decision, as others have said it's outdated and dealer support is more evident. There is metric bike dealers that have issues as well with customers, just read on here a few weeks ago about a venture owner having issues, so in that respect there are bad dealers everywhere and not just the harley dealers. I bought my 1500 classic localy in 06 and would never go back there , to bad because later down the road, with their attitude they missed a sale on a venture, they carry both ,kawi. and yamaha. I've went into different harly dealers with riding friends and have been treated fairly. Matter of fact yesterday I went in the harley dealer with a yamaha t shirt on and walked around, and even that I was treated as a customer not as a lower life just because I rode in on a venture with a yami. t shirt.

Guest scarylarry

My 2 cents, I don't care what brand bike it is, after this year and watching 2 clutches going limp and waiting on them to cool off some before we could ride...

I would not even think of a bike unless it was water cooled...

I own a 09 Ultra and if anyone asked me about a Harley dresser they were thinking of buying, I would suggest to them that they look for at least an 09 because of the frame changes, etc. It does vibrate at idle a little,but on the road its smooth as silk. Riding the harley,its warmer than a liquid cooled bike,but that is to be expected. While riding, the lowers open to let more air flow in and that helps alot. I have a rider back rest and my wife and I feel comfortable two up. I did change the seat out for a Sundowner seat from HD and that lowered my seat and my wife's and it put her back perfect on the passenger back rest. ( she has some minor back problems.) I'm happy with engine performance and its a fun bike to ride. It is a cruiser tho, and riden the way it was intended works very well. Lean back and rack up miles. I've been hearing liquid cooled from everyone (even harley dealers) for 3 yrs. I'll believe it when I see it. The bike handles very well in heavy rain with rider and passenger not getting to wet. If you like to customize with chrome---harley has plenty to make the bike your own. Just remember---HD stands for hundred dollar. The HD will definately hold its value better.

Rode to Cody through the North Cascades and down onto the flat lands. Rode Beartooth at nearly 11000 ft and down to Yellowstone. High temps to low and back to high. The Venture never stumbled or felt weak. Great bike.

Well I guess I will jump in here and let me say 1st off...I am a bike and power junkie.

I've had 4 Honda's the last a 97 Valkyrie Tourer. 2-Yamaha's Presently the RSTD and 3 HD, a 07 Street Glide, a 04 Fatboy and I just bought a 05 Road Glide.

I can say as for power the Valkyrie is King of the hill but if you run the gears and twist the throttle the RSTD comes in at a surprisingly close 2nd.

As for comfort and handling the Road Glide is King.

The biggest problem I have with the Road Glide is keeping it under 80 on the super slabs. Speed just keeps creeping up as it rides so smooth and stable. My Valkyrie was also very stable and quicker and probably just as smooth.

Where the Road Glide shines is low speed handling.

The High School near me a friend teaches drivers ed and also is a MSF instructor, their back parking lot have the permanent lines painted for the tight "S" turns and figure 8's etc. I go there often to practice my low speed maneuvers.

The Road Glide wins again hands down and to me that is where it really counts. I can easily run the coarse and never touch a line I can come to a complete stop pause and make a 90* turn without ever putting a foot down. And can easily make lock to lock turns.

I can do it on the RSTD also but it takes quite a bit more concentration. It is not nearly as stable. Partly because of the low end torque that the HD has. Also, although the RSTD is faster it is not nearly as stable at highway speeds. For me that is one of its weakest links.

The drive shaft vs the belt, Belt all the way. The drive shaft has minimal maintenance but then again I have never heard of anyone with belt issues ever. I have heard of drive shaft issues. The belt consumes less power en-route to the rear wheel so a less powerful bike gets an edge over a shaft drive more powerful bike, It kinda evens out the difference.

I went and did some figure 8's yesterday on the RSTD and today on the RG. If you are pushing the bike hard and in a hard turn / acel and decel as you would in the straight stretches of the figure 8, you can definitely feel the drive lash, and it can be unsettling, with the belt drive RG there is none.

So given the choice Road Glide all the way, it is better at speed, better at slow speed, it holds a line way better than the Yamaha, better paint, better metal, (tank on Yamaha is tin foil thin. Gas mileage is better on HD, resale is better also.

By the way I love the RSTD but it is going on the market soon. I recently took a trip to the Rockie Mts, I live at sea level, The altitude really took its toll on the RSTD's power, especially when 2 up.

As an aside, I did not buy the RG because I wanted another HD, I bought it as an investment in order to sale or trade in on a Kawasaki Voyager.

I may still entertain that thought but probable not as I am extremely happy with my purchase and its paid for. I was able to pick it up for $7,500. about $2,500 under wholesale and almost half of retail so I could easily trade it in for at least $2,500 more than I paid for it.

A bike you may want to consider is the Kawasaki , It is 1700cc, water cooled, belt drive, and more torque and HP than the HD or Royal Star. Mileage is about the same as the Royal Star, less than the HD. and it has a really cool reto faring display. Electronic cruise, and all the wanted bells and whistles. Reviews say it is not quite as comfortable as the HD but those opinions are split and several thousand less.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Rode to Cody through the North Cascades and down onto the flat lands. Rode Beartooth at nearly 11000 ft and down to Yellowstone. High temps to low and back to high. The Venture never stumbled or felt weak. Great bike.

DITTO ... we were riding together and on the return trip I was towing a Lees-ure Lite tent trailer ... scoot never faltered, spit, sputtered, or experienced any power issues.

I go on the harley tech talk web site weekly as I wanted to see what riders were saying about the ultra. There have been plenty of riders that have had trouble with the belt. Some have had rocks wedge between the belt among other problems. My best friend has a heritage classic and his belt just broke one day. It cost him $400 to have it replaced.

Like most here I've ridden and owned most of the touring brands.

My wife and I love to ride, tour. At least every other weekend we are on a

700 to thousand mile ride. On long weekends or vacations it's to see

whatever is in the direction we start out. When I owned the HD I meet a

lot of riders that wanted to ride. After doing a few and I mean few hundred

mile weekend runs and a couple 3 day 1000 milers, I noticed the riders began to

drop out of the riding sceen but still owned their HD's. As I would try to join them

on rides or get them to go on rides, I found their riding was down to a couple hundred miles to grab a burger, but most of their riding now is to the Harley shop on the weekend to BS with other non-riders and eat the free burgers and dogs. I have questioned them as to the drop of in riding and find in all cases it gets back to the amount of maintaince the HD requires and making them feel very tired at the end. I have found a new group of riders that love to ride and it is a mixture of all makes and models with a few 2 or 3 hard core Harley owners, that I enjoy riding with. These riders want to go and see, so don't mined a 500 mile day or 1000 mile weekend. As for my wife, she has a 2" covered foam pad she can sit on when she feels the need to get a little better view over my helmet.

It is hard to please a passenger if the love of riding is not equal to or more than the pilot's. I have also learned to ride at a pace the passenger is confortable and relaxed.

I want the passenger to know that they are in compatent hands, so they enjoy the experience and want to continue to share in the total motorcycle experience. In my RSV

I have found the bike that I love to ride and my wife has learned to love it as well. Her first couple rides she wasn't sold on it because she had many years on a GW and BMW that felt different. Now, if I went and got something else it would take a few rides to get her back into her confort zone.

Edited by Shamue
spelling

Took a ride over to the local HD.dealer yesterday to look at the progressive air pumps for my venture. Looked at several ultra's. Really like them, ask the salesman if I could sit on one, he said sure. I couldn't believe how light it was coming off the side stand, and the rider position was better than my venture, lower seat height, hate to say it but it, but sitting on it made me fell more comfortable. The salesman stated he has a stratoliner now and has had 3 ventures before that, so we talked a little. He said he likes the Yamaha's and still has one. He said the one reason he eventually sold his ventures was the top heavyness, still has a cassette deck, and carbs, basically and outdated bike and also didn't like the shaft drive with the jerking ect. and said the belt drive is smootheron the HD'S. He wants me to come over and take it for a test ride this week, but just I'm afraid I'll like it, and all points he made I had to agree. The ultra was nice, had fuel inj. cd player and over all fit and finish was nice. This wasn't a new bike, an 03. I know HD's have their issues as anything mechanical will, but I'll tell ya, I've been seriously thinking about putting the midnight up for sale, but the wife isn't real thrilled about it yet, as she likes the venture. So those of you on here that have had HD's in the past or now have one, give me your opinions, ect. would like to know before I decide on the future. I've had V twins before and like the torque, sound ect. the venture is the first multi cyl. bike I've owned and it is smoooth ect. but I can't seem to get to really like the bike, you know when it feels right, and I've had this bike 4 years now, and had no issues with it, I just can't seem to get all warm and fuzzy about it.

Joe (if that's how people normally address you), I have had bikes all my life and more than just a few have been Harleys. I currently own an 01 Ultra and ride it regularly. Yes it has it's draw backs, the most significant being air cooled but in my opinion that is really the only one. And it being air cooled isn't a big deal to me; most of the time. If riding in over 100 degree weather in stop and go traffic, yeah, I'd rather be on my water cooler 86 VR but to be quite honest, it too can put off excessive heat around your lower extremities which can also get fairly uncomfortable. So basically, to me anyway, it's not so much the bike, it's a weather related issue and not a bike issue. In cool weather the HD can be idling in stop and go stuff here in the Dallas Ft Worth God-awful traffic and I don't have a problem at all and I'm 62 years young. But to go on with the good features of even a 10 year old Ultra. First it is fuel injected and runs strong regardless of altitude. Regardless of whether it is extremely hot of cool, it produces the same amount of torgue. I can pass in 5th gear almost at any speed in which you'd be cruising at in 5th. Heck, even at 60 mph, if I need to pass on the Yamaha, to ensure I get around whatever I'm passing safely, I downshift to 4th just to ensure the bike is in it's power band. The HD is always in it's power band. Yeah, it is not as "fast" as the Yamaha, lst or 2d Edition, but accelleration is that important to me, not always anyway. If I need to go fast, yes, I'll take my lst Edition out and have yet to be blown off by a 2d Edition and my Yammy is now 25 years old; go figure. The HD feels lighter and more nimble; to me anyways, yet it weighs more than my lst edition. Taking her through the twisties is really fun and it's handling through curves is quite surprising; I drag the floor boards all the time....try to avoid that but......! There is tremendiously more aftermarket stuff for the HD than there ever will be for any Yamaha. Even at 10 years old, the HD is simply a beautiful machine and with the Vance and Hines true duel exhaust, the sound is awesome. I could go on and on. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Yamaha, I really am attached to both of these machines and they are both outstanding bikes. I guess that is why I have one of each and yes, I consider myself lucky. Oh yes, the HD is a much, much more confortable machine fitting me perfectly. And regardless of what you read it is smoother than my 1st Edition four banger or any 2d Edition I've ever riden; just not at idle. But I kinda like that shakin at idle. One more draw back concerning this 10 year old HD Ultra, I wish it had ABS; as it is too easy to lock up the rear. One last item, the sound system is just as good as the sound system in my new 2011 Maxima; it will knock your socks off.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MasterGuns

Alot of good comments here. Just got back on a 2 hr. ride 2 up through the mountains and I did notice that I do have to keep the revs. up to make it power up the mountains, which I've always known the venture is a mid to high rpm bike, but along with it comes more motor noice cluth chirp. The last year my wife has never heard it even with the stock mufflers or now with the roadking mufflers, and she said today is that the noise you've been telling me about? I said yes and the longer we ride it the louder it seems to get. We're headed to the Del Marva bike event at OC. md in a few weeks and honestly I'm considering taking the 1500 classic instead of the venture, unles I decide on the Harley deal before then. After today's ride and yesterdays ride I think I made up my mind. I do like the venture, but I just don't thrilled or excited while riding. I guess the harley's seem to loaf along at cruising and highway speeds and the venture is screeming and to me several hrs. of that gets annoying with the constant buzzing. Yes they do accelerate quickly but I'm not into that. The casette deck is not a deciding factor in my decision, as others have said it's outdated and dealer support is more evident. There is metric bike dealers that have issues as well with customers, just read on here a few weeks ago about a venture owner having issues, so in that respect there are bad dealers everywhere and not just the harley dealers. I bought my 1500 classic localy in 06 and would never go back there , to bad because later down the road, with their attitude they missed a sale on a venture, they carry both ,kawi. and yamaha. I've went into different harly dealers with riding friends and have been treated fairly. Matter of fact yesterday I went in the harley dealer with a yamaha t shirt on and walked around, and even that I was treated as a customer not as a lower life just because I rode in on a venture with a yami. t shirt.

Just dont change the pipes nothing more annoying then riding behind a Harley with aftermarket pipes

Joe (if that's how people normally address you), I have had bikes all my life and more than just a few have been Harleys. I currently own an 01 Ultra and ride it regularly. Yes it has it's draw backs, the most significant being air cooled but in my opinion that is really the only one. And it being air cooled isn't a big deal to me; most of the time. If riding in over 100 degree weather in stop and go traffic, yeah, I'd rather be on my water cooler 86 VR but to be quite honest, it too can put off excessive heat around your lower extremities which can also get fairly uncomfortable. So basically, to me anyway, it's not so much the bike, it's a weather related issue and not a bike issue. In cool weather the HD can be idling in stop and go stuff here in the Dallas Ft Worth God-awful traffic and I don't have a problem at all and I'm 62 years young. But to go on with the good features of even a 10 year old Ultra. First it is fuel injected and runs strong regardless of altitude. Regardless of whether it is extremely hot of cool, it produces the same amount of torgue. I can pass in 5th gear almost at any speed in which you'd be cruising at in 5th. Heck, even at 60 mph, if I need to pass on the Yamaha, to ensure I get around whatever I'm passing safely, I downshift to 4th just to ensure the bike is in it's power band. The HD is always in it's power band. Yeah, it is not as "fast" as the Yamaha, lst or 2d Edition, but accelleration is that important to me, not always anyway. If I need to go fast, yes, I'll take my lst Edition out and have yet to be blown off by a 2d Edition and my Yammy is now 25 years old; go figure. The HD feels lighter and more nimble; to me anyways, yet it weighs more than my lst edition. Taking her through the twisties is really fun and it's handling through curves is quite surprising; I drag the floor boards all the time....try to avoid that but......! There is tremendiously more aftermarket stuff for the HD than there ever will be for any Yamaha. Even at 10 years old, the HD is simply a beautiful machine and with the Vance and Hines true duel exhaust, the sound is awesome. I could go on and on. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Yamaha, I really am attached to both of these machines and they are both outstanding bikes. I guess that is why I have one of each and yes, I consider myself lucky. Oh yes, the HD is a much, much more confortable machine fitting me perfectly. And regardless of what you read it is smoother than my 1st Edition four banger or any 2d Edition I've ever riden; just not at idle. But I kinda like that shakin at idle. One more draw back concerning this 10 year old HD Ultra, I wish it had ABS; as it is too easy to lock up the rear. One last item, the sound system is just as good as the sound system in my new 2011 Maxima; it will knock your socks off.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, for your opinion, as other's have stated as well. I just wanted some honest real world experiences instead of the bashing some like to dish out. May make a stop over to the dealer later this week to take a road test on it to see if I will like it. Never rode one before so it will be a new experience for me and my wife. Just want to see for myself how it rides, comfort, handling ect. among other things. Everyone has different opinions on bikes. I myself do like the V-twin sound and bottom end torque vs. the mid to high rpm's of the venture. I guess I just want to see what all the hype is about the HD'S. This bike ha alot of extra's with it so that will save me some coins in the future, already has loud exhaust on it so I may have to change that, just have to see how loud it is on the roadtest.

I'd sure like to see our orange and black friends drop the VRod motor in the Ultra chassis. THAT would be a motorcycle.....

I guess it's good different folks like different things, otherwise it would sure get boring out there....Enjoy what YOU ride and RIDE what YOU enjoy!

My wife isn't a Harley hater, she's a Harley "lifestyle" hater. I looked at a demo 2010 Ultra recently and REALLY considered it and wanted one. Thought it was a very well put together bike. Mama disagreed, lol.

Traded the 06 RSTD this past Friday on a 2011 Victory Vision Tour. Love it or hate it stying, we love it and rode 500 miles last weekend. I really thought I had the perfect bike for me in the Tour deluxe. After touring the weekend on the Vision, I'm pretty sure I have the perfect bike for us.

Good luck with choosing your bike

I have a friend I try to ride with when I can and he has a great looking ultra and he rides every were on it. He is one of the few HD guys I will say puts the miles on it! I like my venture but she is top heavy with 2 up and I know my next bike will be the vision I love that bike and so does the queen! I have a lot of friends with HDs and we razz each other in fun but I don't care what anyone rides as long as they are enjoying it. What ever you get get it for you not what others think. I got a great deal on my Venture new in 08 but was looking at HDs and BMWs at the time. Good luck

My wife isn't a Harley hater, she's a Harley "lifestyle" hater. I looked at a demo 2010 Ultra recently and REALLY considered it and wanted one. Thought it was a very well put together bike. Mama disagreed, lol.

Traded the 06 RSTD this past Friday on a 2011 Victory Vision Tour. Love it or hate it stying, we love it and rode 500 miles last weekend. I really thought I had the perfect bike for me in the Tour deluxe. After touring the weekend on the Vision, I'm pretty sure I have the perfect bike for us.

Good luck with choosing your bike

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2011models/2011-Victory-VisionTour.htm

Wow, that's quite a nice looking bike. Don't think I've seen one yet. It doesn't look as comfortable as the RSV but, obviously, from what you're saying, looks can be deceiving! :D

My wife and I have looked at HDs also, but the biggest thing for us is the lack of rider space.

We both weigh around 200 lbs. and she has plenty of room on our Venture. On the HDs, she is right up against me.

We have see larger people than us on HDs. I don't know how they do it.

craigr

Well I just sent my renewel in last week and decided to get the ultra classic and the venture is going to up for sale so I hope I can still post here and contribute from time to time. Good site and I learned alot here and met some new friends. Took the bike on a roadtest and it felt so much lighter than the venture and I don't feel like I'm not in control of the bike. I had talked to another venture owner just last saturday at a rider course and his 07 is up for sale and he mentioned the same concerns that I had and now rides a stratoliner. The venture is a nice bike but after 4 years of ownership I couldn't get the comfort level that I was trying to achieve, so it was time to move onto something that I felt good about. My wife rode with me after bringing it home and she mentioned that she could tell it was better for me (us) and could tell I was no longer intimidated. The ultra handles good and feels lighter to me, I guess lower center of gravity, I really like it. Just thought I would give a small update...

Well I just sent my renewel in last week and decided to get the ultra classic and the venture is going to up for sale so I hope I can still post here and contribute from time to time. Good site and I learned alot here and met some new friends. Took the bike on a roadtest and it felt so much lighter than the venture and I don't feel like I'm not in control of the bike. I had talked to another venture owner just last saturday at a rider course and his 07 is up for sale and he mentioned the same concerns that I had and now rides a stratoliner. The venture is a nice bike but after 4 years of ownership I couldn't get the comfort level that I was trying to achieve, so it was time to move onto something that I felt good about. My wife rode with me after bringing it home and she mentioned that she could tell it was better for me (us) and could tell I was no longer intimidated. The ultra handles good and feels lighter to me, I guess lower center of gravity, I really like it. Just thought I would give a small update...

Congratulations on the new bike..I for one dont care what anyone rides and yes I even joke about my Wing..Safe riding to you and hope you do stick around.

Your going to love it. Harley's are great bikes and also look great.

I've owned an Electra Glide Classic and a Road King. They are not fast, but they do the job.

When my finances improve I will have another Harley touring bike.