IGNORED

Dropped (not like that) Venture off at dealer today

tvanallen

Sad day in many ways, I dropped the Venture off at the dealer today as a trade in on the new Yamaha Super Tenere due in in a week or so. I am ready to do a little adventure riding before I get to old :). A trip to Alaska is on my bucket list as well.

The Venture was an awesome bike that did everything I wanted it to do, took me from Dallas to NY State, Blue Ridge Parkway, Dragon's Tail, Custer S.D. and surrounding states more than once, a trip following the Mississippi River, and much more. Always had it serviced at the dealer and never had a single warranty issue in 6 years.

Anyone interested will find it at Stadium Yamaha in Irving, TX. Fastest color, Quicksilver, 40k miles, new tires, new battery, just serviced.

I cleaned it all up and rode it in and almost couldn't drop it off, it rode as good as the first time I took delivery.

I big thanks to all those on this board that go out of their way to help others with advice and photo's of installs, etc. It's been a great ride. I am just glad that Yamaha made my next bike so that I didn't have to go to BWM.

See you down the road!

Tim

That looks like a beautiful bike. I didn't realize that when I had my Honda NX-650 that I would be seeing something similar (but a lot more power) 23 years later. I always admired the BMW Adventure series, Saw a Motoguzzi like that too. But with the Yamaha name you know that you will always have the cutting edge gear on your bike (cassette deck, carbs etc)LOL. Well at least you won't need to take out a second mortgage to have it serviced. when I had my R1150 I cringed everytime I had it serviced.

mo%20money.gif

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1024597953762&id=8c1b179d5aac7058cce47e2730961f40 This is what it looked like back then, although this is not my actual bike. bought it for $700 in 1997 added some Troy Lee designs helmet stickers (looked good) and sold it 2 years later for $900, I saw it advertised in the paper in 2003 (He listed it as a Limited Edition Troy Lee NX-650) for $1450. I almost wanted to buy it back. OOPS sorry didn't realize I hijacked the Post. Anyway, enjoy the new Scoot.

and don't forget... lots of members have other bikes so nothing says you can't still be part of the family.

Actually he's not allowed to leave. Once a VR member always a VR memeber. Otherwise we gotta send out Vitto and the boys to get ya back. :crackup::crackup:

Enjoy the bike and let us know how it is.

Margaret

Actually he's not allowed to leave. Once a VR member always a VR memeber. Otherwise we gotta send out Vitto and the boys to get ya back. :crackup::crackup:

Enjoy the bike and let us know how it is.

Margaret

Don't you mean BUBBA and the boys? :rotf: