IGNORED

I Should Know this...

SilvrT

I am trying to do a search for posts containing the words "fuel filter". I don't want posts containing only the word "fuel" nor do I want posts containing only the word "filter". I want posts containing both words.

How do I do this?

And, if you're reading this and know the answer to the following, it would save me searching...

What fuel filters (in-line, non stock) can I use instead of replacing the stock one (brand & part #)? I recall reading a while back where someone posted this info inclucing pics ... there was a metal one that I'm particularly interested in.

My end result will be to install an in-line filter in the line under the seat and eliminate the stock filter. I've read several posts about this but for the life of me I can't find the ONE POST that lists the specific filter I want.

That's not exactly the one I was thinking of but it will certainly do the job. What's funny (to me) about this is that I posted several times in that thread and I couldn't even find that one! .... actually when I did the search for "fuel filter", there was so many that came up I just stopped coz I always figgure "there's gotta be an easier way than this.." .... :smile5:

On that note, how does a guy search for things in here containing two or more words such as in a phrase so that only posts with that specific phrase come up? (I must be missing something...)

Actually the dbl quotes does appear to work.. It's just fuel filter gets a lot of hits

"appear" being the operative word here...

I did that and found several threads/posts with only the words "fuel" or "filter" in them. Yes, you get a lot of "hits" because of that and therefore you have to scroll thru a lot of unnecessary stuff to find what you're actually looking for.... unless you get tired of looking first.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SilverT

Don't know if you have done your conversion yet but was just reading some posts on fuel filters and saw your message.

I relocated my fuel filter yesterday and used a filter from Canadian Tire. It is a "Certified" brand premium fuel filter, part # BF-3116. It is a metal housing with 5/16" connectors and sells for $3.99. The size and shape fit nicely in the space under the seat. You can't see when the filter is dirty but for that price and ease of replacing in the new location I figure I will probably change it at the start of each riding season.

I used a 3/8" hose connector (Canadian Tire part # 23-7638) and joined the two lines that go on each side of the original filter and cut into the fuel line below the seat to install the new one. It took about 1/2 hour, start to finish...easy job.

Happy, safe riding

Doug

Hey SilverT

Don't know if you have done your conversion yet but was just reading some posts on fuel filters and saw your message.

I relocated my fuel filter yesterday and used a filter from Canadian Tire. It is a "Certified" brand premium fuel filter, part # BF-3116. It is a metal housing with 5/16" connectors and sells for $3.99. The size and shape fit nicely in the space under the seat. You can't see when the filter is dirty but for that price and ease of replacing in the new location I figure I will probably change it at the start of each riding season.

I used a 3/8" hose connector (Canadian Tire part # 23-7638) and joined the two lines that go on each side of the original filter and cut into the fuel line below the seat to install the new one. It took about 1/2 hour, start to finish...easy job.

Happy, safe riding

Doug

Thanks for the great info and pic Doug. No, I haven't done it yet but I did get a NAPA filter and some hose and carry it in the scoot as a "just in case". I pulled the stock filter a couple months back and tested it and it still seems fine so I'm not going to do anything until winter.

If you know you, someone who, posted in a particular thread, you're looking for, you can do and advanced search with the words in quotes and then fill in the "search by user name" section with the user name. That will narrow the search down quite a bit.

"appear" being the operative word here...

I did that and found several threads/posts with only the words "fuel" or "filter" in them. Yes, you get a lot of "hits" because of that and therefore you have to scroll thru a lot of unnecessary stuff to find what you're actually looking for.... unless you get tired of looking first.

Actually, putting multiple words inside double quotes DOES absolutely work exactly like what was requested. The search engine will still highlight each individual occurrence of an single word anywhere in the threads that it returns, but it will ONLY return threads that have the full string somewhere.

Test it with "again redrider" and then the same two words without the quotes.

Goose

Actually, putting multiple words inside double quotes DOES absolutely work exactly like what was requested. The search engine will still highlight each individual occurrence of an single word anywhere in the threads that it returns, but it will ONLY return threads that have the full string somewhere.

Goose

You're absolutely correct .... maybe I should be searching in the titles only as I do not want to read threads that are not necessarilly about "fuel filter" but may, somewhere deep down on page 18 has the two words together.

Guess I was expecting it to not highlite the single words of "fuel" or "filter" soas to make it easier to scan the thread for only the posts containing the two words "fuel filter".

Sorry, my BAD.

Hey SilverT

Happy, safe riding

Doug

You sure you didn't come in my Garage and take a picture of how I did mine? It looks exactly the sa,e right down to the blue wire:clap2:

Goose

I was feeling weird - like I was being search or something. You were wearing gloves, weren't you?

RR