IGNORED

Baggershield opinions

Freebird

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tx2sturgis

Reminds me of the old folding windshields on some antique cars.

It's about practicality, not looks. I think the idea has merit, although I'm satisfied with what I have now.

My name is Spencer Gould and I'm with BaggerShield. Freebird has given me the OK to jump in here and answer all of your questions. I will be an active member here representing BaggerShield, not just a advertisement, so if any of you have any questions pertaining to wind management feel free to ask.

BaggerShield currently offers an adjustable windshield for the 99-present RSV that adjusts from 8.5" to 13.5" at standard width and we will have a model that is 4" wider and adjusts from 10.5" to 16.5" available in a month or so. We offer models to fit many other bikes as well.

All of us here at BaggerShield are excited to be part of the Venturerider.org community and look forward to talking with all of you soon. Again if any of you have any questions please feel free to call me or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Thanks for coming on and introducing yourself Spencer. You'll find that you will get absolutely unbiased responces here, as seen above

:hihi: We appreciate you being our go to guy and wish you the best of luck with the shilds here :thumbsup2:

I like the concept, but, if it won't push the wind over the backseat driver then it wouldn't go on my ride. 13.5" would be borderline.

Can you use rain-x on it without problems?

We have a taller and wider version that will be out in a month or so which is 4" wider and adjusts from 10.5"-16.5". I'll keep everyone posted.

As far as the Rain-X goes no problem. All of our shields are made from the high clarity, impact resistant, aircraft grade Lucite acrylic which doesn't have the coating that peels off and yellows like polycarbonate when using Rain-X. Another plus to this material is that minor scratches and swirling can be polished out with commercial plastic polishes, again unlike polycarbonate.

Edited by BaggerShield

Thanks for coming on and introducing yourself Spencer. You'll find that you will get absolutely unbiased responces here, as seen above

:hihi: We appreciate you being our go to guy and wish you the best of luck with the shilds here :thumbsup2:

Thanks. Its great to be here. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that. Any feedback you all have on ways we can improve our product is greatly appreciated.

I am curious! I have a Show Chrome short and wide screen and have had it since the bike was new (2001). It measures 12 5/8" from the center of the chrome trim to the top. As many of you know I have ran this for most of the 143K miles on this bike. I can look over the screen easily or duck lower in the rain. I bought a Clearview XL and use it in the winter and it is a great screen for keeping the cold off. My question is "why would I want a screen that covers 8 1/2" to 13 1/2""? I love the concept and think it should be offered as a vender product, but I would love to see something taller. That way I could raise it in the storms and not have to duck and get a crick in my neck.:backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Yes I understand that if demand is great they will build it. :whistling:

:farmer:

You ask for it, you got it. The taller RSV shield that is 4" wider and adjusts from 10.5"-16.5" will be available in a month or so.

Slick idea....turning the top part around to lower & or to make it higher..

I like the different levels on my GW. his may be an advantage on the Ventures.

Looks durable, but I have never used one to give an honest evaluation of thier product.

We do have a model to fit the Goldwing 1800 and should have the 1500 out shortly. The adjustment you receive from Honda is 4.5". Combine that with the 8" of BaggerShield adjustment and you have over a foot of total adjustment with 8 different position you can set it in. Here's a pic. Check out out website for more detail.

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/BaggerShield/BaggerShield%20Product%20Line/GW180017-25.jpg

Edited by BaggerShield

I ride in all kinds of weather and cut my original shield down so I could see over it but I don't like it on trips. Next I purchased a tall wide shield which is great on the road but on those mornings when it fogs up I can't see over or around it. Anti-fog stuff just doesn't work on some (most) of those mornings. Last, I purchased a used stock shield so I can at least see around it if it fogs up. I wish I would have seen this shield before! I could deal with the looks to have a shield that versital. Can't afford one for my trip to the Grand Canyon on the 30th but maybe in the future?

Spyder,

We would love to send you on that trip to the Grand Canyon with a BaggerShield. It would be ideal for that trip. The tall position for the ride there, the low position to feel the warm desert air on your face once you get there. Sounds like a fun trip we'd all like to hear about! Keep us posted.

Guest tx2sturgis
If anyone wants to see the shields in person we will be in Sturgis this year. We'll be camped out on the corner of Lazelle and 3rd.

I will be looking for you...I'll be riding a black Venture with a Texas flag on the sides of the trunk...sounds like you will be pretty close to J&P Cycles...

Seeing as how Yamaha discontinued the windshield for the first gens last year, will you be coming out with anything thing to help us 1st geners out?

We've had a lot of inquiries about the first gen shield since joining the forum so we will start working on it right away. Any input on design features from anyone would be appreciated.

I think as soon as the taller ones come out I'll order, can you get both pieces in a matching tint?

Unfortunately the top does have to be clear. You can only go so high with the dark tint and still be within DOT regulations. Give me a call whenever you want to order.