IGNORED

Hagon vs Works Rear Shock

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little update on the Hagon. I dug this thread up while researching the Hagon and was concerned that ordering the heavy duty shock could take way too long. Here is the reply I just got back from Hagon Shocks in CA regarding that...

Anyway, seems maybe getting the heavy duty version is not a problem now. I am still undecided, but will post a review if I go with the Hagon.

Works must be on drugs to think their shock is worth that much. I don't need a gold plated shock! $469 plus free shipping verses $700 or $800 is a lot of beer! :beer:

--------------------------------------------

Hi Gary,

We find that a lot of people with this bike do ride two-up often, which is why we stock the special build shock as well as the standard one.

We could send it out on Monday, so you would have it by next Friday. As I said, we have them in stock and it's 4 days shipping to Tennessee.

Thanks,

Christina

Hagon Shocks, LLC

1788 La Costa Meadows Drive

Suite 101

San Marcos, CA 92078

760.510.2758 fax

hagonshocks@yahoo.com

www.hagonshocksusa.com

Just a little update on the Hagon. seems maybe getting the heavy duty version is not a problem now. We find that a lot of people with this bike do ride two-up often, which is why we stock the special build shock as well as the standard one.

We could send it out on Monday, so you would have it by next Friday. As I said, we have them in stock and it's 4 days shipping to Tennessee.

Thanks,

Christina

Hagon Shocks, LLC

Thanks for the update Gary.

I have the Works shock on my 03 but I just bought my 06 with the factory shock and know what is in store for the future.

I may also order a Hagon when the time comes.

• 2 months later...

Bringing this back to life for a question.

I just purchase a 1999 Royal Star Venture (guess I should start calling it a RSV) from a friend of mine.

Has a works peformance shock on it.

He rode solo always, I got this for two up with my girlfriend.

The rear shock is WAY under damper for two up and a little under sprung.

Any chance a few adjustments will fix this? Or is it rebuild and re spring time?

Thank,

Karl

• 4 weeks later...

Finally answered my own question.

Got the shock off (was not able to adjust wihtout removing the shock)

I cranked the Preload up, and also the rebound damping (Compression damping not adjustable on this shock)

Ride is much improved. Still not perfect, but it's something I can live with now.