IGNORED

Mototrike questions

steamer

Who has this trike kit? how do you like it? any problems with handling? steering?drive train? fit and finish? I am looking at a 99 RSV with this kit. Any info would be very helpful.

Looks very similar to the Voyager trike kit....

Motor trike did offer a kit for the RSV's in earlier years but do not do so now that I know of. How long they did them I don't know. I have seen one Venture with one on it and it looked OK. Can't tell ya much more then that thou. Oh it was a true trke conversion and wasn't one with the extra pair of wheels on the side like the Voyagers use.

Larry

Sorry, wrong spelling,should be motortrike.Anyway,I'm looking at a 99 Rsv with a motortrike convertion.with 32000 miles for $12000.00 in Oklahoma.The owner will deliver for a price.All other trikes I've been looking at start at $15000.00 and go up from there.I'm thinking this is a great deal,but would like more info about the trike set up.I know they are out of Texas and have read everything I can on line.Just looking for personnel experiance.

hi bob

i have a '99 rsv motortrike that i bought used last november. it only had just over 17,000 miles on it. i payed $15,000 for it. i dissagree with condor about the m/t kit looking like a voyager outrigger kit. i have been to the m/t factory in troup, texas. they are some nice folks up there. the m/t body is the same today as it was back in '99. make sure the m/t your looking at has the air shocks instead of the coil over shock. m/t started this suspension upgrade in 2000. my m/t does not have this. m/t will install it for over $700.00. also i would have a ez-steer kit installed, if it doesn't have one allready. as this makes the bike a whole lot easer to turn in the curves. but it cost over a $1,000.00. i have installed 1 1/2 inch rasiers as a short time fix. i'ts ok for now but i don't have a lot of curves in the houston area to contined with. give me a call to talk more. look at my profile for the #.

reguards

don c.

Yeah, I might have been too quick on the trigger. I looked at a couple of thumbnail hits off Google and they appeared to have that defined Voyager fender look about them. After going back and looking again they are not like the Voyager. My Bad..... :bang head:

hi bob

i have a '99 rsv motortrike that i bought used last november. it only had just over 17,000 miles on it. i payed $15,000 for it. i dissagree with condor about the m/t kit looking like a voyager outrigger kit. i have been to the m/t factory in troup, texas. they are some nice folks up there. the m/t body is the same today as it was back in '99. make sure the m/t your looking at has the air shocks instead of the coil over shock. m/t started this suspension upgrade in 2000. my m/t does not have this. m/t will install it for over $700.00. also i would have a ez-steer kit installed, if it doesn't have one allready. as this makes the bike a whole lot easer to turn in the curves. but it cost over a $1,000.00. i have installed 1 1/2 inch rasiers as a short time fix. i'ts ok for now but i don't have a lot of curves in the houston area to contined with. give me a call to talk more. look at my profile for the #.

reguards

don c.

Didn't you buy the silver and gray RSV from Dream Machines? I was looking at that one but wasn't ready to pull the trigger at that time. I have a 99 sil,ver and gray.I looked into the Hannagen kit,but the 99 with the motortrike kit in OK. has less miles on it and would cost about the same as triking my bike.so I'm thinking if this guy is willing to deliver to NY and I pay him to ship it,it's still a good deal.

Motor Trike is a good kit, but they have not made one sense 2002 I think,, Gunboat may could tell ya on that as he has been to Troupe sense I have. I don't know the system underneath, but would suspect it is a ladder bar suspension. The drive train is a Ford 7.5, and bullet proof for these applications. I like my MT on the GL1800, and have rode the heck out of it in the last 6 years.

hi bob yep the rsv m/t at dream machines was the one i bought. i thought it was a good deal myself. my old '99 rsv i had for over 5 years and had 21,000 on the clock when i picked it up. i put over 72,000 miles on it in those few years. and i must say 99. 0/0 of those miles were trouble free. so i expect to have the same results with the m/t trike.

reguards

don c. :fingers-crossed-emo

hi bob yep the rsv m/t at dream machines was the one i bought. i thought it was a good deal myself. my old '99 rsv i had for over 5 years and had 21,000 on the clock when i picked it up. i put over 72,000 miles on it in those few years. and i must say 99. 0/0 of those miles were trouble free. so i expect to have the same results with the m/t trike.

reguards

don c. :fingers-crossed-emo[/quote

Well Don,I made an offer on this 99 with motortrike.The owner excepted it.I should have it in about 10 days. Thanks to the info you and others here have given me and having a motortrike dealer just 20 mile from me, I've made the plunge. I'm going full trike. Know anyone that wants a voyager kit with Venture attachments? also have attaching parts for a 650 savage and s40 boulevard. Of course now I will own 2 Ventures,one for me and one for mama and me. Life is good.:happy34:

I had 2 motorTrike conversions but they were on GoldWings. One was a 1995 and the other was a 1998 and I wasn't all that happy with either one of them because of the suspension. The solid axle didn't deliver the comfort for my passenger and that made for less riding.

reguards

don c. :fingers-crossed-emo[/quote

Well Don,I made an offer on this 99 with motortrike.The owner excepted it.I should have it in about 10 days. Thanks to the info you and others here have given me and having a motortrike dealer just 20 mile from me, I've made the plunge. I'm going full trike. Know anyone that wants a voyager kit with Venture attachments? also have attaching parts for a 650 savage and s40 boulevard. Of course now I will own 2 Ventures,one for me and one for mama and me. Life is good.:happy34:

Welcome to another triker.

Enjoy the ride.:thumbsup2:

Larry

hi bob i can tell you that my '99 rsv m/t does have the ladder bar suspension without the air ride option. the tech at motor trike's factory at first thought i had the air ride system and was going to show me how to operate it. but once he got it in the shop and pulled the rear wheels off. found out my trike did not have the air ride system. which they started putting the a/r system on all the conversions after 2000. i did find that my coil over shocks were set real soft, so with the help of kregerdoddle we set the shocks a couple of notches tighter. i notice that the rear now rides better / stiffer. my passenger also noticed the difference. i plan on sending the passenger seat off to rick butler so he can make it softer. will try that but i'am still looking some kind of a a/r system that won't cost a bunch. the coil over shocks most likey are installed on yours also, but may be the p/o had the a/r system installed.

thanks for the pictures, i have installed a 15" l.e.d. brake/running light bar in the middle of my lower trunk just as yours has a few weeks ago. just this afternoon i installed 2- 6" l.e.d. brake/running bars under the lower trunk hinges just like yours. and i realy like those cat eye tail lights that are on yours. looking forward to hearing more about your m/t. :cool10:

reguards

don c.