IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

Thanks Vincent. Talking to you last night I'm thinking Rent sprayer and paint block inside and out before Roof, doors & windows. Color inside?? I was going to go with the silver strofoam board inside v/s paint but am leaning toward paint. More insulation but Silver board just might be too much on eyes all around you?? Now to find a place that rents sprayers here.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Vincent. Talking to you last night I'm thinking Rent sprayer and paint block inside and out before Roof, doors & windows. Color inside?? I was going to go with the silver strofoam board inside v/s paint but am leaning toward paint. More insulation but Silver board just might be too much on eyes all around you?? Now to find a place that rents sprayers here.

I'm thinking that furring out the walls with 2x2 with foam insulation and drywall would be ideal. Gives you an attachment for shelves, cabinets and anything else you want to hang. Then WHITE paint the walls. I emphasize white because you will want that for light reflection.

:farmer:

C'mon Dan....PICTURES my Man...PICTURES....seeing is believing.... we need to know that it is reality being produced...not med invoked fantasy...:sun:

P.S. Good luck on your project !

:worthless:

He still hasn't figured out that you can't put a poliroid pic in the floppy disc slot, He has first gens you can't expect too much.:duck:

I picked out a new camera today. Really liked it. Told them I wanted one.... "Sorry we only have the display left on that one!!" Scratched up and they wouldn't reduce. Oh well have I mentioned I HATE CAMERAS!!

I got walls about 6 ft tall. Got doors today. Forgot lumber for headers for doors.

Here are the Freaking PICS!!! From this start this morning walls are about 6 ft high. He claims he will pour floor this week!!
Well dip me in $hit and call me sugar bear. I'm not all that surprised to see the progress with the antique tomb but the fact the warden was able to train you to post pics is nothing short of amazing.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Now another problem!! It never stops. I got Doors from Wayne Dalton. 8 ft doors. Yeah they are big enough for what I want. I can not find anywhere what size opening is needed in the block. Instructions are tuff on these things. (So you will get them to install at big bucks??) I can about figure out what to do but what size opening do I start with to frame up and put header?? DASMA.com Tech Data Sheet #161. Shows Jamb going flush with block edge. I'm not the smartest guy around but they got that info hid somewhere and I can't find it. I hate to pay to get these things hung. I need to know the width of the opening and height to place header.

Thanks Carl. That is helpfull but I know how to hang one. Its that different brands of doors require different size opening because all hardware is not the same. And i can't find it anywhere in there. Wanted to make sure openings were right in the morning. Will be too late by noon walls are growing fast.

Thanks Carl. That is helpfull but I know how to hang one. Its that different brands of doors require different size opening because all hardware is not the same. And i can't find it anywhere in there. Wanted to make sure openings were right in the morning. Will be too late by noon walls are growing fast.

Scroll down on the site, it will give you the opening size. It shows how many 2x6's thick you need to have on the sides as well as the headers. The door actually slides on the inside of the last 2x6 in the opening, so if the door is exactly 8' wide then the finished opening needs to be 3" smaller, 1 1/2" on either side.

So you will need to have 3 uprights on either side the width of the block, so if the block is 8" then 3 2x8s, plus a 2x10 header, keeping in mind that you need a place to attached the spring for a door opener and a place for the hardware to attach to above the door itself.

I hope I got this right.

Door fits against inside face of block. I think. It just doesn't give size opening needed. Frame is in pieces and it is hard to get a height for header to hang framework. I'm getting closer but I hate things where I can't see what I'm getting into.

Door fits against inside face of block. I think. It just doesn't give size opening needed. Frame is in pieces and it is hard to get a height for header to hang framework. I'm getting closer but I hate things where I can't see what I'm getting into.

Nope Nope and Nope, door does not slide against inside of block, it slides against a piece of wood, 2x6, 2x8 or what ever size you use.

You could just frame the inside of the door with one layer of 2x8 and then build a frame inside the door opening to 'hang' the door and hardware.

Some picture of my garage door.

1) show headroom needed,,, mine is low rise so you need at least that much room

2) side framing, we used 2x4, but 2x6 is better for you need the width to fasten it to the block wall

3) show hardware at top corner

4) shows where the spring goes and you can see the amount of room needed for the spring to mount

5) another shot of the corner hardware.

You could go with a one piece door but you kick your butt even with sore legs.

I'm in there so far. Got 2x6s to frame on inside of block. Thats what I ment just forgot to mention board that goes there first. I think I'm going to make header 2x8 just to make it fit block. 2x6 would leave hard to fill gap there. Not sure how to make header yet. Several different ways to go with that. My ceiling joists are going to have plenty of room to hang rails. Won't need low rider kit. But doors did not come with material to hang rails. Another 20 bucks per door. I really thought of building a two piece door ( like french doors) but didn't think it would hold up under time. I'm getting this!! Thanks for all the help!! Pouring end block at door sides full of concrete. Walls are over my head this morning!!