IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

Called another. No answer no call back.

Call your local concrete plant, in brief explain your story and needs, then ask for a reference of someone that will show up. I know we would get a lot of references from the concrete plant, when a customer would call they would say "they speak highly of you at McCoy Concrete".

The big issue of getting someone to come in and take off from the mess the first guy made is when it is done and you are asked by someone "who did your work" his name now gets put in the mess.

Now you have heard my 2 cents.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan wish we lived closer I would love to give you a hand!! one of my co-workers does concrete work on the side and he stays busy year round Mike knows his stuff when working with concrete! even in hard of winter he can do just about any type of work you want he makes it in any color you want and even patterns if you want that as well I never seen any bad work from him never!!!! if all goes well for next year I will have him make me a slab for adding onto the house next year.

the type of slab your wanting he could have it done over the weekend he does an excellent job of getting everything in order and when the trucks show up there's no down time or waiting.

Not trying to be a butt just wishing we were closer because you would have your slab in no time flat.

Getting hard to find guys like that. I used to do a little finishing. It takes a special touch. I'm still got a couple feelers out but it is getting late. Early fall is the best time to pour it. What really burns me is I could do this before that crackhead got me.

A M&E would be hard to do but if I don't get it done I may frame it up myself with the block and ask for some help to pour it inside the block. Will have to do the footers by hand.

• 2 weeks later...

You have a slab now don't you?

If you do, what is it you want someone to do to this existing, but out of square slab, other than just fix it?

Do yo want it made a lot bigger?

Why not just build the garage on the out of square slab and be done with it. Garage can be built perfectly square, it just won't extend all the way to the end on the out of square diagonals.

Seem like you can put a 38' x 18' building up with what you have now.

Gary

Don't have a slab. Have a set of footers 18'x40' that are out of square. I can work with the out of square just can't get anyone to pour slab. And it's going to be 18'x50' now. I was going to set building on a couple courses of block mostly for looks. And thats just the way I wanted it. Felt that footer then slab poured on top of that with blocks set on footer would be stronger. If I can't get what I want Screw It!! I'll have a 1st Gen Yard Sale in the spring.

I haven't quit. Chainsaw and dragging trees out of the way. I would have had to move them sooner or later if I put garage up. Now I don't have to worry about them. Rockett saw the Sycamore I'm moving now. Probally not that much lumber in my house!! That stuff sure is heavy green!! Warden having fun burning I think. Big fire in the backyard right now. Might be a little firebug in that woman. Wonder where all those neighbors went...:whistling::whistling:

Geez, contractors! This is the USA. You tell them what you want, they give you a price and it gets done. In our dreams, anyway. They always overbook and underperform. Building a house taught me. Get at least three bids, and choose the middle one. Then stay on their ass every day.

Good luck!:080402gudl_prv:

Geez, contractors! This is the USA. You tell them what you want, they give you a price and it gets done. In our dreams, anyway. They always overbook and underperform. Building a house taught me. Get at least three bids, and choose the middle one. Then stay on their ass every day.

Good luck!:080402gudl_prv:

Yeah I thought that was the way it worked.:think:

Got a pad poured in my 30 X 48 pole shed, Called the guy on a thursday, told him what I wanted, He gave me a price over the phone. He and his brother showed up on monday with a couple of their kids. Leveled the surface, Laid rebar by noon and went camping. Came back a few days later, followed by three cement trucks. They poured the pad and power trawled it and were gone by mid afternoon. Price was what he quoted for labor and I paid the cement bill. Maybe he will come down if you call him:confused24:

Then they tried to sell me a 14' x 24' completly insulated building that looks like you could heat it with a candle for 6,000 bucks delivered and set up. Garage and a nice work shop???

It is a sandwich construction type thing. Set up on 4x4s so you could move it if needed. Sheet metal, 2 inch strafoam, sheet metal. Solid but ugly. I could put siding on it or paint it.

Edited by Yammer Dan