IGNORED

Wanted: Pillow Tops

Gyronut

The rider's seat does not mount the same way either.

But be that as it may, you should make it clear that you are asking for RSV seats instead of something that does not exist - no pillow top seats were ever made for the RSTD. That way RSV owners will not just dismiss your post thinking they do not have what you want.

Goose

I'd dearly love to have the nice, firm saddle that was on my 97 RSTD. The stock soft saddle Yam puts on the Venture is hardly better than a folded towel to sit on.

I heard that Yam puts a firmer saddle on the Midnight version of the Venture. I might look into that some day when I get some money.

gyronut - change your request to read ' looking for a set of pillow tops '

don't mention anything about 'td's' :smile5:

forgot to mention, I have a welder and a drill also - sometime ya gotta make things work

Edited by Hummingbird

Gosh Kent,

What made you think he was looking for a set of pillow top seats for a RSTD?

Looking for a set of Pillow Top Seats

The point is that several of our RSTD friends here have modified both the RSV driver and passenger seats to mount to their TD.....and it's not that much of an issue? In fact I have mounted several RSV passenger seats (in different ways) to the TD, but some of the guys here have it nailed.

Good job you guys,

Rick

Gosh Kent,

What made you think he was looking for a set of pillow top seats for a RSTD?

The point is that several of our RSTD friends here have modified both the RSV driver and passenger seats to mount to their TD.....and it's not that much of an issue? In fact I have mounted several RSV passenger seats (in different ways) to the TD, but some of the guys here have it nailed.

Good job you guys,

Rick

Thank you....

The Venture Seats will fit an RSTD with a little work/fabrication. Its pretty easy if you own a drill press (not mandatory, but nice a regular drill will suffice) a hack saw, dremel and file. The mod is completely reversible. I explained in detail what is involved with mounting the rear seat here. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60469

The Idea to modify the rear RSTD chrome bracket to accept the tab on the rear of the passenger Venture seat was from another post either here or on Delphi, but it didn't explain how big to make the hole or where to modify it so I spelled it out in the post linked. You also need the stock Venture bracket to mount the front of the Venture Passenger seat. The front seat is just a matter of some L brackets. My front brackets are based on the drawing on the Delphi Forum but I made them wider. Pictures of the front brackets required, as well as a comparison of the Venture and RSTD seats, are in my album but I haven't written it all up yet into one post. I haven't seen one complete post with all the information to do this mod in it.

If anyone would like some RSTD seats for your Venture, we can make that happen for you too.

I suppose I shouldn't post that I want a Trunk Mounting Bracket for my RSTD (I do want one actually) since apparently no one here will know what I'm looking for since it doesn't exist and it won't fit:stickpoke:

RSTDdog

Yep you are right, the trunk wont fit on the Tour deluxe....:stirthepot:

so I saw this picture a long time ago (when you had posted that yamaha had it up on the custom site, or something like that) and, at the time, thought to my self - "Okay so that midnight RSV is in front of Miller Park, that is pretty cool"...

I did have a notion that there was something unique about that picture... :doh:

Looks good!!