IGNORED

Venture Rear Seats on 05RSTD

Gyronut

The venture rear seat will bolt up if you buy the bracket for the rear seat and then cut a slot in the chrome bracket that secures the rear of your RSTD seat. I just did a complete Venture swap. I attached some of the pictures I took below that show the differences in the rear seats and what you need to do. I planned on adding these to the Venture Seat thread in the RSTD forum that has links to the L bracket drawing you need to make to use a venture front seat. I'll upload all the photos to my gallery in a while.You can get the stock venture seat bracket to use the rear seat from Pinwall cycles for 5.00 + shipping. If you get your seats from them they combine shipping. Here's alink to the bracket you need they have several.Try to find one that has the bolts for the seat with it. If the bolts are pictured they will come with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-1300-SEAT-BRACKET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5bcc1665QQitemZ130389120613QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To modify the rear chrome bracket make a center line across the vertical part of the bracket. Along the center line make two marks that are 1 and 1/2" apart in the middle of the bracket. Drill 4 5/16" diameter holes along the center line equally between the marks.The edge of the and cut the sections between out with a dremel. File smooth and square and keep test fitting till it goes over the tab on the venture seat base. You should end up with a square hole 5/16" H x 1 1/2 " long. And that's the rear seat.

RSTDdog

Edited by RSTDdog

Great job Derrek,

I've done a few rear seat mods putting the RSV seat on the TD, but this is the most complete job on both seats I've seen. It really fills in the seat area much better than the TD seats, but I'll bet it's much more comfortable with the pillowtop seats, especially for your passenger. Now you just need to let me rework them for you to make them even better.

Rick

The venture rear seat will bolt up if you buy the bracket for the rear seat and then cut a slot in the chrome bracket that secures the rear of your RSTD seat. I just did a complete Venture swap. I attached some of the pictures I took below that show the differences in the rear seats and what you need to do. I planned on adding these to the Venture Seat thread in the RSTD forum that has links to the L bracket drawing you need to make to use a venture front seat. I'll upload all the photos to my gallery in a while.You can get the stock venture seat bracket to use the rear seat from Pinwall cycles for 5.00 + shipping. If you get your seats from them they combine shipping. Here's alink to the bracket you need they have several.Try to find one that has the bolts for the seat with it. If the bolts are pictured they will come with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Venture-Royal-Star-XVZ1300-1300-SEAT-BRACKET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5bcc1665QQitemZ130389120613QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

To modify the rear chrome bracket make a center line across the vertical part of the bracket. Along the center line make two marks that are 1 and 1/2" apart in the middle of the bracket. Drill 4 5/16" diameter holes along the center line equally between the marks.The edge of the and cut the sections between out with a dremel. File smooth and square and keep test fitting till it goes over the tab on the venture seat base. You should end up with a square hole 5/16" H x 1 1/2 " long. And that's the rear seat.

RSTDdog