IGNORED

Bluegrass

Galapagos

Any bluegrass fans here? My favorite is Railroad Earth. The Fabulous Stringdusters are pretty good too.

I am an old Hendrix/Zeppelin era guy but still like country and Jazz.

I have really gotten a taste for Bluegrass the last few years.

I played in a Blurgrass band when I was 14 to 18. Not much going on in it back then in the late 60's and early 70's. I learn it because a neighbor played the 5 srting banjo and knew I had a guitar. I told him I had not learn to play it and he got me to learn my cords. I want to play rock and blues.

Bluegrass is one of my favorite genre. Love the old and new stuff. Here's a few links to one of my favorite bands of the past.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBRFTqe7o9c]YouTube - ‪Run C&W ~ The Burns Brothers on Crook & Chase 1993‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hegZLfZ38oE]YouTube - ‪Oak grove Opry - Run C&W‬‏[/ame]

Grew up listening to bluegrass. Still think of my dad when I hear bluegrass music. I have an uncle that played in James Monroe's (Bill Monroe's son) band for many years. I have an uncle that lives in Hartwell, Georgia that has a band that plays every saturday night. He has a place in the old train depot on depot street in Hartwell. He has had people from all other world come by. A few years ago there were 34 people from England that came in. He said that was the best audience ever. A radio station in Anderson, SC used to broadcast the program. At one time there was a guy going to school at Clemson they drove down to hartwell every saturday and played the banjo in the band. All of my dad's relatives were born playing bluegrass. They used to get together on saturday nights and sing and play for hours. I was always amazed at how they remembered the words to all the songs they sang. They never had a music lesson, it is just natural talent. Growing up I never was interested in music but if I had my life to live over I would take music lessions and learn to play.

I was born a city folk, but country runs through my veins.

I love Bluegrass music. Especially love Earl Scruggs.

We had a bluegrass festival here last year at one of our county parks. It was so much fun, I cannot wait to go back this year. They had jam sessions and everybody was standing and clapping.

Yama Mama

I was born a city folk, but country runs through my veins.

I love Bluegrass music. Especially love Earl Scruggs.

We had a bluegrass festival here last year at one of our county parks. It was so much fun, I cannot wait to go back this year. They had jam sessions and everybody was standing and clapping.

Yama Mama

Give us a yell when it comes around. Maybe we can get some riders there.

I Love pure acoustic bluegrass, this days new commercial Turbo Bluegrass suck.

My favorites are Willard Gayhart and Bobby Patterson, better known as Fiddle and Plow.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJZXuVrKz1c&feature=related]YouTube - ‪LITTLE CABIN HOME ON THE HILL---Pathway with Willard Gayheart‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuTI11p-KNg]YouTube - ‪THE FIDDLE & THE PLOW---Willard Gayheart and Scott Freeman.‬‏[/ame]

Alecia Nugent is my favorite Bluegrass girl.

And of course our own Skid... never have chance to listen his performance, well hope one day.

Hey Skid are you hosting this year "skid inn"?

I Love pure acoustic bluegrass, this days new commercial Turbo Bluegrass suck.

My favorites are Willard Gayhart and Bobby Patterson, better known as Fiddle and Plow.

And of course our own Skid... never have chance to listen his performance, well hope one day.

Hey Skid are you hosting this year "skid inn"?

Fiddle & Plow :thumbsup:

Love Bluegrass music. I also watch Song Of Mountains on Sunday night. Last year myself and JD rode down to the Hills of Home Bluegrass festival near Clint-wood, Va. I loved it and old Ralph was still able to sing a couple songs. Gold Heart group was there, a couple young girls and their Daddy that where great. If you where there, you could not miss our bikes parked at the stage area entrance. The guard said park them there so I can keep an eye on them. He was a rider himself. Had a great time.

Fuzzy

Anyone who likes Bluegrass needs to plan a trip to Mountain View, Arkansas. During the summer there is something going on every night. Several shows around the area, plus free music on the courthouse lawn.

As a bonus, the riding in the area is good also.

Check it out.

My wife and I rode our bike to Maggie Valley, NC two or three years ago and went to Ghost Town. There was a bluegrass group playing there. I dont remember their name but they were great. The fiddle player won the national fiddle players contest and the banjo player was nonimated for an emmy award that year. He used to play with Rhonda Vincent. He played the whoa mule song and was great. The fiddle player played a fiddle he made out of a maxwell house coffee can. That was interesting.