IGNORED

Rockets trip

friesman

Rocket is on a Cross Continent trip with a friend. They are on an 83 and 86 venture pulling an Aluma trailer, if you see them give them a thumbs up!

I hope they have a good time and a safe trip.:banana::banana:

If anyone wants to follow them on their tour, here is the link to Pauls Spot locator.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0dW2uviFRmfVBIi65A9vRaQ1osJHe2jOq

Brian

Edited by friesman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that too, its got Teri and Erv a bit worried as they sposed to be at their place by now. and theres no cell coverage in places...... I hope all is ok.... But we all do know that Paul never runs on time....right? lol

Brian

I guess he forgot to turn it on or something , as long as its on it shows progress along the road, if its not on it takes the shortcuts....

I hear he had a delay,.......something about a sherriff,,,,,,has he been listening to e-fishin-c? :rotfl::rotfl:

Brian

Holy smokes! I know that hwy! I spent a lot of time in Stevensville long ago. Great riding up there. Wish I was tagging along on this one.

I think he is overnighting in Salmon with Teri and Irv (pakidiaho)

Its gorgeous country around there, ive been there a few times myself, but not on the scoot, one of these days hopefully soon. Actually it kinda reminds me of the terrain around Nelson BC in a lot of ways.

brian

A friend of mine and his wife had a place just west of Stevensville. Nice cabin with a cliff behind it and up about 40 ft. above the cabin there was a ledge where he had his hot tub. We would sit up there for hours at night looking down into the valley. Best therapy in the world.

The only problem I ever had up that way was everytime you said "hi" to anyone it turned into an hour long conversation. Folks up that way made you feel like an old friend. Now some of the local lawmen back then, not so much. I hope they rode off with their billfolds still intact.

I guess he forgot to turn it on or something , as long as its on it shows progress along the road, if its not on it takes the shortcuts....

I hear he had a delay,.......something about a sherriff,,,,,,has he been listening to e-fishin-c? :rotfl::rotfl:

Brian

Sherriff owns an 84 Venture standard, gave us a heads up on the pass. Thus the attempts to contact Terrie & Irv, included a borrowed sim card to make the phone call.... Will need to get a US prepaid sim card, so the phone can be used.

Ok SPOT just updated there on the move

not sure i like the way spot works

Guess I didn't get it into tracking mode this morning (button not held long enough), it must of only did a check in, this morning. Rod was in a hurry to get started. We encountered rain, hail, snow & thought we were going to dump the bikes in a couple of road construction areas. So as a result it was slow going & needed a break after the road construction sites. Thus meeting the sherriff.

We seem to have a couple of extra Canadians hanging around. Wonder if there is any connection? Seems like they are happy with food, homebrew, and the neighbor lady Rod has taken a fancy to...

We just didn't feel right sending them off riding into the snowstorm, so we subdued them with beer and company. Worked so far. We like them, they are polite, and don't seem to require any type of tasering or other control devices. On the whole they are well behaved. :Laugh: Oh wait...there is the whole Rod and the neighbor lady exception...:173:

Teri, the redheaded part of Pakidaho

Anyone have any news on Rocket?

According to his spot, he is still somewhere around Salmon, ID

He must be sight seeing today cause he is moving like a snail. But heck what's the hurry he has all summer...... that is if it every gets here.

Ride safe Paul and look out for them killer roosters in LaPorte.

looks like he may have stoped for the night!

still an hour and a half out of ND.

them old bikes must be having trouble breathing up there:stickpoke:

Yup, had to stop before dark, as someone had cut the trailer wiring (clean cut at an angle & no signs of abraision) during one of the stops, I now have crimp connectors to re-connect the lighting, in the morning. Otherwise I wouldn't of stopped for the night, before Nodak. No the bikes have been pushing a headwind most of the day, Rod didn't realize that until he got off the 83, while out in a open area.

Paul and Ron are making good headway today. They are just west of the Montana NoDak border on I94.

Now at the PIP locale. Ended up stopping in Fargo last night, Those winds were strong last night.

Rod is having a good conversation, with Gary right now......