IGNORED

Rear end lube at MD?

Trader

On a 1st gen MKI, it is a piece of cake to do. Removable saddle bags make it easier.

I would suggest you put penetrating oil on muffler connections to the collector. This is probably hardest part, removing the mufflers.

Tool wise metric socket & wrenches. Couple of screwdrivers. Mid to large crescent wrench.

Tube of the Honda moly grease. Quart of rear end gear oil. Roll of paper towels. New cotter pin for rear axle.

Gary

getting the bags off might be a challange!!!

But I'm sure I'll learn something.

It wouldn't hurt to shoot some penetrating oil in the bags release locks if you haven't had them off. Not the lock sets where you open lid, there is another lock set on each bag, same key fits it. It is below lid lock on trunk and below helmet locks on side bags.

Gary

by penetrating oil ...do you mean wd40?

I can do that easily enough.... or is there a better product more specifically used for penetrating.

WD40 isn't the greatest but it will do.

I use something called 'Nuts Off'.

Others may suggest other brand names.

Gary

I'd be Very Very careful with a product called "Nuts Off". LOL Sorry I just had to say it. Please forgive me it just struck me funny.:rotf:

Combined with the title, who is going to lube the pond monsters??????? :stirthepot:

And bring a sledge hammer,,,,, just in-case those rotten bolts won't come off. The others who might have the same problems will be eternally grateful.

Note to self.....be "unselfish" and let Marcarl work on other folks' bikes!:doh: