IGNORED

Gall bladder woes!!

Yammer Dan

I assume you had it removed Laparoscopically. I'm surprised they didn't give you a diet. Stay away from fatty foods. Potato chips, hamburgers, steaks, snack crackers, butter, etc. You will have a harder time digesting fatty foods now. However, over time you will be able to eat them again but keep it to the lean side. For now go with cereal, fruits, vegies, salads (but watch the dressing), soups (read the can).

Bound to have been a few on here that had the gall bladder removed and had a bad time with it. What can I eat? I can't find anything that doesn't come right back up. I'm getting hungry.

Deep-fried cracklins, boudin, seafood gumbo, biscuits with sausage gravy, bar-b-q'ed ribs, and....lots of CHEESECAKE.

Boomer....who sez using duct tape over yer mouth after eating all the above will help keep it all in.:whistling:

I had mine taken out in 2004, the doctor put me on a low fat, high fiber diet with "bad carbs" in moderation. If you're having problems with eating and keeping it down I suggest talking to the doc. Also ask for an appt with a dietitian so they can help you and your wife figure out what you can tolerate now.

it is like drinking... drink resposably ..... eat responsably

Like they say it is about the fats but you do not have to eat nothing.... This is a warning! The next step if ignord is likely the cardiac ward .... assuming that has not been the first step .... eat healthy now or it is green food only later.

I have been blessed with 7 older brothers and a father that I have had the pleasure of watching ahead of me.... me: galbladder out when I was 46 .... cardiac ward by 49, same as my dad and 2 of my brothers.

Now cycle 15 miles aday in the gym 3 times aweek, walk inbetween and am 70 lbs lighter than I used to be.

OOh gotta go.... burgers are on the BBQ !

Yammer,

Had mine out about 6 weeks ago and never felt better. I haven't had any problems with anything I eat. I guess everyone reacts a little differently. Maybe you should get an endoscopy just to make sure everything else is working as it should. Hope you feel better soon.

Part of your problem Dan is most likely caused by the fact that it was so far gone when they operated. Lots of that infection got into your system. Probably took it's toll on you. You're gonna have to eat better sweetie. Hopefully that will take care of your holding down the food part. I'm sure once you get eating ok you'll get back to normal eventually.:whistling: Or at least as close as you can be. sorry just had to say it. :Laugh:

Margaret

Bound to have been a few on here that had the gall bladder removed and had a bad time with it. What can I eat? I can't find anything that doesn't come right back up. I'm getting hungry.

Mines coming out as soon as I get off the plavix (june 22) and while he's in there he's going to take a piece of the lymph node next tp the liver to find out what kind of cancer it is ( they missed with a needle biopsy awhile back) so I feel your pain and I guess I'll be looking for new things to eat also

I had mine out 2008 and I feel much better without it. Mine was like leather and took 2 hours to remove. I was on a strict diet for 3 weeks and I can eat anything BUT somethings will run right thru you.

Good luck

Richie R

Thanks Guys. Temp went up to 104 with bad cramps today( this attack started tue night) and I listened to warden and headed for emergency room. 60 mile trip for me. Got about 40 miles down the road and started sweating like a pig and fever broke. Cramps went down til I can stand them. So this chicken turned around and came home. Afraid to eat. I haven't had anything but water since mid-day Tue. Its got to get better. You are right Mini I do like to EAT!! Guess that will have to change.I've been trying to think of mild things but draw a blank. JR will be pleased to know I've dropped 30 lbs but I wouldn't recommend it.

Dan, try some homemade chicken soup, anything bland but filling, chicken and dumplings too. Dude, you gotta eat, water won't be enough forever, please call the doc and discuss it, there are decent antinausea meds that won't make you sleepy, you might need them for a bit.

Had 1/2 bowl of Corn Flakes for lunch. First food since mid-day tue. So far so good. I might even go back and finish them.

EEEWwwwwww............

Not soggy corn flakes. By now they must be corn soup or corn mash.

That will cause issues in a normal person.

Splurge, get a nice fresh bowl of corn flakes.:big-grin-emoticon:

Yammer,

One thing to remember; your stomach is also much smaller so portion control may help but I understand what you are going through as I was retired from the Air Force with a liver disease and GI tract disease both are chronic. Fatty, greasy foods can have a very negative effect on me so I stick to rice, potatoes (not fried), greens, limited cheese and milk products, limited sweets but I can put a hurtin on a lean cut of steak.

Also, quit being a chicken:no-no-no: and call the doc, you big sissy. Trust me I almost bought the farm back in 2000 because I thought things would "fix" themselves. Being hospitalized and told to get your affairs in order (thought I had liver cancer) puts a new perspective on taking care of yourself and listening to the professionals and my wife is a Nurse so I have no respite or excuse.

Take care and let me know if you need anything. I am closer than you think.

I went back at looked at those flakes Jeff. You know where they went. Might splurge on a new bowl in the morning. Had a glass of weak lemonade this evening. Sure tasted better than water. I am getting better but it is slow this time. I think I need to call the doc and see why.

Yes you really need to at least call the doc but really you need to go see one. The galbladder does not get better by its self it only gets worse. Dont ask me how I know.

Take care and get it checked out.

Richie R

Not doing head stands right after a meal helps...:smile5: