IGNORED

Don's Maintenance Day Question.

KarlS

I have been to maintenance day but haven't had any work done. I need help to finish maintenance work on my 83VR that I am doing and see no way to finish it without removing carbs to get to two bad vacuum rubber caps on right rear and left front cylinder heads. Other two cylinders plugs was easy to get to and they were rotted and torn, I must assume the other two must be bad also. So question is:

How do I get on a (list?) to get help on maintenance day so I can replace these rubber plugs or caps.

On the 1200 motor about an inch and a half under the rubber caps you take off for synchronizing the carbs are larger rubber caps over (vacuum?) nipples from the cylinder heads. The right rear and left front are out in the open and easy to get to. The left front and right rear can barley be seen and touched with your finger. These are the two I need to replace the rubber caps.

Thanks.....Karl

Someone has plugged the YICS system and yes, the inner plug caps can be hard to get to. I have replaced mine without removing the carbs, but in some cases it may be easier to remove the carbs. Like Don said, make sure you have the caps, and the more heavy duty the better, and someone will help figure it out.

RandyA

Don,

Yes, I miss the MD last year. And my health didn't help me until now. I got my third surgery two weeks ago, and today I get ride of my catheter. However, due to the recurrent on my obstruction, I'll need to exercise with another catheter (I hope smaller size) once a day during at least a couple of months. That was the joke about. However, cancer is gone.

See you soon.

Carlos

Thanks, I have the caps, been trying to replace them myself but just can't get at them.

Try using a piece of vacuum hose with screw turned in the one end, that way you will have a longer piece to work with and makes it a lot easier. Other than that, bring on your problems to MD and you'll be helped,,, no problem!

Don,

Yes, I miss the MD last year. And my health didn't help me until now. I got my third surgery two weeks ago, and today I get ride of my catheter. However, due to the recurrent on my obstruction, I'll need to exercise with another catheter (I hope smaller size) once a day during at least a couple of months. That was the joke about. However, cancer is gone.

See you soon.

Carlos

Carlos,

That is FANTASTIC news. I hope that things continue to improve for you. Just come on...however you have to get here. It will be great to see you again.

Try using a piece of vacuum hose with screw turned in the one end, that way you will have a longer piece to work with and makes it a lot easier. Other than that, bring on your problems to MD and you'll be helped,,, no problem!

Geeezzzzzzzzzzz.....the guy is just getting rid of a catheter and you are suggesting a screw turned in the end to make things easier? Then a VACUUM hose to make it longer and easier to work with? Please don't EVER help to offer ME. :rotf:

Carlos,

That is FANTASTIC news. I hope that things continue to improve for you. Just come on...however you have to get here. It will be great to see you again.

Geeezzzzzzzzzzz.....the guy is just getting rid of a catheter and you are suggesting a screw turned in the end to make things easier? Then a VACUUM hose to make it longer and easier to work with? Please don't EVER help to offer ME. :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :whistling: :crackup: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

The rubber caps are held on with squeeze clamps, I went to a tool store today and bought a tool that I thought might work. It didn't. So will tackle it at MD.

Now if getting my vacuum leak fixed at MD requires me to give assistance with catheter installation, I'm sorry but my VR will just have to leak vacuum and someone will have to leak something else. Out of my element of hands on assistance. :stickpoke::sign thanks but no

Now we can tell that the BOSS is getting older,,,,,, but he did make a funny!!!!!! Just hope that I can still be friends with Carlos after this!

Only if I don't see you come with a screwdriver ready to work!!!

:no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no::no-no-no:

Karl, you do know that anytime you need something done you're welcome in my garage, right?

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke. :think:

Hey Glenn !

You got the fastest color and the most beautiful one, but no pictures loaded ! :stickpoke:. You might get a fine you know !

Thank you, Jonas. I get more compliments on this bike than any other one I've owned. I've been meaning to put some pics into the gallery. :fatsmiley:

edit; got a few in there now. : )

Edited by straycatt