IGNORED

Wooden bead seat cover.

ken

Does anyone know a good place / website to get one of those wooden bead seat covers for a bike seat at a good price. I want to get two but hate the idea of dropping $50 to $60 not knowing weather or not I'll like them. There was a place on ebay selling them for 12 buck but looks like there out.

I used the sheepskin on my ST1100 (www.alaskaleather.com ), and it worked very well. However, I do not find I need it on the Venture. That pillowy cushion works fine, even for my fleshless back-side supporting my fleshy belly!

My seat is the midnight/studded type, not the pillow type. My last trip on a venture seat was 3 days with all day riding. After 2 days the seat felt like hot hard steel.

Edited by ken

Got one a couple of years ago. Great for the hot weather. Lets some air in underneath you, and you can shift positions to give your hindquarters a little massage every once in a while.

My theory in buying it was that all those 3rd world taxi drivers must have known something I didn't!:lightbulb:

I used the sheepskin & beads in the past. beads work better but I found by using armor shorts work the best! keeps me dry and cooler plus they keep the jeans from sticking to my legs and back side I have the Midnight studded seats as well now I can go all day with out the aches and pains.

Peg & I really love the armor shorts:happy34:

Bought my armor shorts at Wallie world

Buddy

A lot of people just buy one of the bigger ones at WalMart in the automotive section and then cut it down to the size they prefer. Probably a lot less $$ in the long run.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/27117-how-trim-seat-beads.html

I made a pair...and use them ALL of the time. Been using the same ones for almost three years. Wont ride without them!

Enjoy!

I used the ceramic bead seat cover from http://www.beadrider.com however they also make a wodden bead seat also......

I also have a set from these guys and really like them. They fit the seat perfectly. I use it on long rides. I have appr. 1500-2000 miles on them with no issues. I also have an airhawk seat cushion. The beads are way more comfortable.

I got some beads, but because my butt has no padding, especially on the butt bones, it don't help me a bit. Sheepskin helps a little, an air-pocket pad helps some, but the best I found was to carve 2 depressions in the seat foam to give some room for my bones.

got mine at walmart in the automotive section - cut it in half - reshaped for front and back seats - all for under $20.00. also bought two gel pads at walmart in automotive - i swap them out on long rides. rode 400 miles yesterday on the blue ridge parkway and forgot to take them along - but i have the butler mods done on both seat, so that helped alot.

I also have a set from these guys and really like them. They fit the seat perfectly. I use it on long rides. I have appr. 1500-2000 miles on them with no issues. I also have an airhawk seat cushion. The beads are way more comfortable.

Beadrider will also make custom size covers, for a minimal up charge.