IGNORED

2 topics in one...

XV1100SE

Easy one first.... I have a HF Tag Along trailer and it has 8" wheels. Has anyone put wheel covers on their trailer? Thinking of getting some safety chrome covers. Would be covers from a golf cart company. Golf carts use 8" wheels.

Second... interested in an inexpensive (

As for the trailer wheels, I will defer that answer to someone else...

As for the GPS...let me just tell you my experiences..

Don has had several of them...Garmin and Tom Tom. I think he liked the Tom Tom best overall...but none of them have held up for more than a year or so. Not sure why, he doesn't let them get wet (they were not waterproof). He spent more than $300 on the last Garmin, a 1490 I think...it quit on us a couple weeks ago, in the middle of a trip. I kept telling him to get the Zumo and he said he didn't want to spend that much money.

In the long run..he HAS spent that much money. If you figure all the others he has had (can't remember if it was 3 or 4) if he had just purchased the zumo to start with...according to everything we have read on this site, it is the best for a bike. I love all the "things" it can do...like the bluetooth features and the MP3 on it. It also is VERY motorcycle friendly.

AND...with BuddyRich's cable it will be even better.

So with that being said, he finally purchased the Zumo 660 (wasn't interested in the XM radio, again that is a personal thing..) and since we just got it in this week, still playing with it, but very excited to start using it.

I understand if, financially, you are limited in what you can purchase...but there's that old saying "you get what you pay for". Therefore, I am counting on the Zumo to be everything it claims to be...and LAST longer than the rest. Only time will tell.

Just my opinion...

I have a Gramin Zumo 450 motorcycle GPS for sale. I have the box and everything that came in it when bought new. I got it from my voulsia forum last spring and never installed it on my bike, but did check to make sure it works. I paid $380 but will sell it for $350. I thought i offer it here first before i put it on kijiji.

I can hook you up with this guy's phone number etc. if you want to talk to him. He's a buddy of mine from our local SCRC club.

gunk:shock3:

I have a Gramin Zumo 450 motorcycle GPS for sale. I have the box and everything that came in it when bought new. I got it from my voulsia forum last spring and never installed it on my bike, but did check to make sure it works. I paid $380 but will sell it for $350. I thought i offer it here first before i put it on kijiji.

I can hook you up with this guy's phone number etc. if you want to talk to him. He's a buddy of mine from our local SCRC club.

gunk:shock3:

Does it have US maps installed too ? Not in the market myself, just curious.

I have the TOM TOM RIDER 2 which I have run on my motorcycle for 4 years now,and I really like it. It is designed for motorcycles comes with a scala blue tooth headset and ties in with your cell phone. It also comes with a RAMM mount and an assortment of hanndlebar mount adaptors. I currantly own two TOM TOM's for the car as well. I have run the Garmin's (not the zumo's) and have come to prefer the TOM TOMs. With regards to the maps you will find that both garmins and Tom Tom.s sold in Canada come with Canadian and US maps. Gps's sold in the US often give you a choice which is often Canada and us or US and South America.