IGNORED

pictures of my sorta home built trailer

mabeline

This is the first time trying to post pics, so here goes.

I bought this trailer from a guy who builds fiberglass roadster bodies. He did a good job of the box( its the trunk of the roadster but reversed) . But the frame was a mess, so I had to redo that. I also did some rewiring,and the stainless steel fenders from some scrap I had kicking around. The box is 3' long, 2' wide,and 2' high at the back. If you can't tell by the pics you load it through the little door in the back.

Had the front trim, rear bumper, and fenders made from a piece of stainless steel I had kicking around for 10 or 11 years. My wife hates me cause I keep saying '' I can't throw that out, I'll be looking for it tomorrow!" I rest my case.:whistling: Might do a color match next winter.

I like the way you mounted the spare. What sort of clearence do you have to the ground.

I want to mount a spare that way but there are so many speed bumps now in many federal and state parks, I've been reluctant to mount a spare under the trailer tongue.

As a test, I attached my spare to the trailer tongue to get a measurement on level ground and get 5 1/2 inches clearance to the tire. Not enough for piece of mind.

This is the first time trying to post pics, so here goes.

I bought this trailer from a guy who builds fiberglass roadster bodies. He did a good job of the box( its the trunk of the roadster but reversed) . But the frame was a mess, so I had to redo that. I also did some rewiring,and the stainless steel fenders from some scrap I had kicking around. The box is 3' long, 2' wide,and 2' high at the back. If you can't tell by the pics you load it through the little door in the back.

I like the way you mounted the spare. What sort of clearence do you have to the ground.

I want to mount a spare that way but there are so many speed bumps now in many federal and state parks, I've been reluctant to mount a spare under the trailer tongue.

As a test, I attached my spare to the trailer tongue to get a measurement on level ground and get 5 1/2 inches clearance to the tire. Not enough for piece of mind.

Hi Shamue

I never gave the clearance much thought, but the belly of the bike won't be any higher then the spare i'm thinking. :confused24: Rode the bike to my folks for the wekend so I'll measure it when I get home ( four hour ride at about 40-45 F, a little cool but still awesome for the first ride of the year) .