mraf

We like to check out all kinds of Museums. Are there any around your area that are of interest? I've already searched the net but theres nothing better than hearing about them from someone else thats been there. Sometimes they are a good break for awhile plus it doesn't hurt to maybe learn something.:rotfl::D

We like to check out all kinds of Museums. Are there any around your area that are of interest? I've already searched the net but theres nothing better than hearing about them from someone else thats been there. Sometimes they are a good break for awhile plus it doesn't hurt to maybe learn something.:rotfl::D

Wheels through time Museum in Maggie Valley NC plus great riding area.

Here in Dahlonega, GA is the Gold Museum.

Dahlonega was the site of the first US gold rush in 1829 and there was a US mint here that exclusively minted gold US coins from 1838 until 1861. The origonal D mint mark was Dahlonega.

There's a complete set of Dahlonega minted gold coins on display (one of 3 known on public display), exhibits of mining, the mint, and local history.

We're about 25 miles south of Vogel if you're coming to the Tail of the Dragon VR rally in August.

The museum is run by the GA State Parks. http://www.gastateparks.org/info/dahlonega/

Oh yes. We're 2 hours south of the Wheels thru Time motorcycle museum of theprevious post.

I have not found any that are of much intrest here in Charlseton, however the historical sites are decent.

Not to hijack this but,, have you been to these? What can you tell us about them?

I live about 5 miles from the Village & Museum. They're next to each other in fact. I've been there many times over the years and never get tired of seeing what's going on either in the village or what's new in the museum since there's always something changed. Through out the year the village has various festivals going on. Check their online calendar for more info. There's horse drawn buggies to ride or steam engined trains to rest those legs. Attendants are dressed in period dress to add to the early atmosphere. The village has building scattered about with entry into them showing life from pioneer to early 1900's. As an example one building is devoted to Thomas Edison and his work. It would be a days outing to see everything. Most folks from out of town spend most of 2 days if going to both.

Larry

if you want to see about a thousand bikes of all kinds, barbers museum in leeds, al is just the place to be. i'm hosting a ralley here on june 18-26th and we'll go there during the week or weekend. they are having the ama super bikes races june 17-19 and some of us are going to attend they if possable. look in other club rides for rally in birmingham, al. all are welcome to come over and join in when ever you can. the motel said thry would honor the price the next week too if it works out better for any. you can go online and see a lot of the bikes thats in the museum on their website but it's not like being there in person.

One of my favorite's is the Corvette Museum in Louisville, Ky. Well worth the time!

Make the location for the National Corvette Museum to be Bowling Green, KY. It's at exit 28 on I-65. If ya like 'vette's this IS the place to go!