IGNORED

Thanks Everyone For The Info on This Site It Helped me Decide on the RSV

classicride

:thumbsup2: With the info on this site you all helped me make a decision to buy the Blu/Blk 2007 RSV. I had to go to 3 dealers to find one. I bought it a week ago Saturday and road it home in the rain last Saturday. Just 10 miles on her now but come spring many more will add up.

I traded in two Vulcan 1500 Classic Fi's and a SilverWing. But kept my Drifter. Since my wife can not ride anymore it did not make sense having four bikes anymore, two were hers. And I wanted to take advantage of the dealer having a year end low price. I loved the color.

I will have many questions as time passes and also pictures once the weather warms up here in northern IL.

I have question?

I have noticed other Venture sites are they just a well informed and friendly? And if so are any worth joining also?

Thanks Again

:clap2:

Classicride

From Zion, IL

Guest reggiepelletier

Great to hear you have found the bike. I as well am a new owner of a 2008 Blackcherry RSV and couldn't be happier. We are fortunate enough to live here in Tampa and we will be riding every weekend, and hope to meet up with other venture riders during our travels.

Good Luck with your new bike........

Welcome Philip,

I live just west of you over in Hebron, glad to see you found our site.

Yeah there are some other sites but this is the best one. We have all the answers, if we don't know the answer we will make up something.

Love that blue, very nice color.

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Thanks for the reply.

In the summer of 2001 when I had a Kawasaki Voyager I stopped at the ice cream shop on the corner of 47 & 173. And while on my way around the picnic table I stepped in worst smelling dog s**t ever :178: and I had no way of getting it off of my waffled sole motorcycle boots :confused24:. Got some on the pegs, etc. My wife reminds me of this story every time we pass thru Hebron. I use to work in Harvard at the Motorola plant. I went by Hebron every day on my Voyager. Small world.

CYA on the road

Congrats on your choice. I, too, just purchased the blue and black in late July. Greatest bike I've ever had. I have checked out the other sites as well--none of them come close to VentureRider.org. I rec'd a free year membership to the Star club--they have a website, too, but as i said, there is no comparison.

I'm originally from Illinois, just north of Springfield (farming hick). We settled down here in San Antonio--great place to ride almost year-round.

Jim T

Congrats on making a great choice of bikes. I am a former Valkyrie Tourer and Suzuki 1500 Intruder owner and am very happy with the '06 Midnight I bought on Aug. 1st of this year. I live down here in Yorkville west of Joliet and I look forward to riding with you in the future.

I frequent the Delphi forum, Venturers and Star Touring, but I prefer this site. Welcome.

Ken :)

Guest KitCarson

Congratulations on your new ride!! You will love the bike. The Venture is a bad influence on me.......I like it more each time I get on it, especially the perfect range of the gear box and that V-4 motor. I am even starting to ignore Harleys!!

Hi Phill and Welcome to Forum. For sure this is best site for Ventures and Tour Deluxe's. We can help yuo spend some money on accessories thats for sure. I'm Living in NW Chicago side and wery often riding thru North Shore. Lets talk with Jerry ( BOO) And We Can Meet @ FatMan Restaurant on 41 and Milwaukee AV in Gurnee IL tomorow around 10:30.

:thumbsup2: I have question?

I have noticed other Venture sites are they just a well informed and friendly? And if so are any worth joining also?

Thanks Again

:clap2:

Classicride

From Zion, IL

There are friendly people in all the groups, with many being well-informed as well. GREAT people on ALL the Venture sites...VentureRiders, Delphi (Venture and Royal Star sections), and Venturers..and STAR too.

Living in the upper Midwest I can tell you that both the VentureRiders and the Ventures are pretty active with Ride-Ins and Meet & Greets....make sure you check both the Rides and Other Clubs sections on this site (several of the other sites have similiar sections has well).

Enjoy you new Venture and the Venture people you meet.

Curt 06 RSV & 07 FJR

Welcome to the wonderful world of Ventures and VentureRider! I got an 07 Blue/Black in June and have rolled 10k mi so far. It just gets better and better. It must be tough to get a new bike and then have to put it up for the winter. Fortunately down here in Ga we can ride year round with the proper gear.-Jack:080402gudl_prv:

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you said but I do think that you should add that you are a director of the Venturers site and therefore you could, just possibly, be a bit biased in your opinion. :)

Where do you see bias in what I wrote? PM your way.

Curt

I didn't say you WERE biased, I said you COULD be. You stated that the Venturers are just as friendly and etc. and etc. That may be the absolute truth but could also be a biased opinion. May not be either. I'm simply saying that like me, you are NOT a neutral party.

Guest KitCarson

Hi Curt........I do not know you......but has not ever stopped me before!! I am not real bashful........No one meant any harm, actually do you see the smilie face on that post? To me that is a way of showing a sense of humor. Naturally each party will be more loyal to their own group. This was just a way to pull your leg, a little subtle humor.......I really do not think it was meant in the way it was taken. Respectfully........Kit

I didn't say you WERE biased, I said you COULD be. You stated that the Venturers are just as friendly and etc. and etc. That may be the absolute truth but could also be a biased opinion. May not be either. I'm simply saying that like me, you are NOT a neutral party.

Okay, I'll buy that one Don:thumbsup2:. I edited my original post to ensure no possibility of bias. I definitely was not trying to start anything with you or the VentureRiders who aren't fans of the Venturers site and/or some of the members there...I was simply saying there's good people and good knowledge in all the Venture-related groups.

Curt

Hi Curt........I do not know you......but has not ever stopped me before!! I am not real bashful........No one meant any harm, actually do you see the smilie face on that post? To me that is a way of showing a sense of humor. Naturally each party will be more loyal to their own group. This was just a way to pull your leg, a little subtle humor.......I really do not think it was meant in the way it was taken. Respectfully........Kit

Kit,

No harm no foul. Just a little something for Don and I to work on.:fingers-crossed-emo

Curt