IGNORED

"The Ride",..From my wifes point of view.

DarrinGT

My wife Lori wrote this and sent it out to our riding group, I thought it was pretty good and I just wanted to share it with you:

What have I learned during my backseat riding?

Always trust your guide and driver. They have looked ahead and are able to guide me through the turns and hills with confidence, avoid the bumpy roads when possible. A driver has a better view of what is ahead than I do from my backseat. My guide and driver need to be someone I trust, who I know, and I know will want to make sure I have the best ride. A guide who is looking out for my safety. Always trust my guide. Trust, Trust, Trust, and relax.

Rains come and go; sometimes you just have to go for it. When surrounded by good people, I don't mind being wet and cold so much. I know that the cloud will pass or that we will find protection. When we find shelter I can quickly warm up with the bond of a shared experience among friends, and at times laughter that we made it through. Don't let the chance of clouds deter me from my trip.

I can enjoy, and appreciate, a different perspective of what I see on the same road during different seasons. Sometimes a difficult task for me, Every season holds its own distinct beauty; looking for and finding that beauty is up to me and will make my ride more enjoyable.

I need to wear the appropriate gear; armor, if you will. My helmet protects me not only during an accident, but it also protects my head from the winds of the world throwing debris at me from any which way. I am protected from the small, pesky irritants that are flying at me; annoying me just enough to distraction. The face shield keeps my eyes protected, reduces the distraction, so I can keep focused on the road and enjoy the sights. Putting on my leathers protects my body from the changing winds and weather; helps keep me from feeling the sting of cold and rain. A burdensome task at times, but it is for my own good, Invest in my armor and remember to put it on before the ride.

Our saddlebags can only hold so much, and I never need as much as I think I do. Make sure I have the essentials, anything more will just weigh me down and frustrate me as I try to stuff it all in. I can trust those I am with will help me if I don't have what I need, and I will do the same for them. If someone is overloaded, take some of what they can't stuff in their bags and carry it for them, you can be sure they will reciprocate when you are overburdened with your stuff. Pack light and help others when their load is too much to carry.

Often we meet other riders along the way. As we pass, most riders will give some sort of nod, wave or acknowledgment. This is an unspoken gesture to each other saying something like, “I get it, I have it running in my veins, too”. An acknowledgment that we have a common thread; we are a part of a ”remnant” on the roads. Occasionally we come across those that will not look our way, will not give that acknowledgment that we share something in common. Most times it is because we don't ride a certain kind of bike; we are not “like” them, not up to their standards. We are judged to be poor attempts at being what they consider true riders, and maybe we are. I like to think that I can enjoy and appreciate the gift of my ride more with a smile, and want to share this joy with other riders. We have met some really nice people, and our meetings happened only because we both appreciate riding. Be nice, life is more enjoyable.

The end of the ride brings a strange mix of feelings. Sadness that the ride is over tangles with the comfort that I have arrived home, and can rest. The joy and thrill of the ride The deep sense of security that I have made it home safely lulls me into contentment; I am thankful as I sink into the warmth and peace of protection from the elements. Treacherous roads, chance of rain, cold seeping into my bones, winds stinging my face. All risks I take going on the ride. Warmth of sunshine, witnessing God’s endless creativity in nature, deepening relationships with God and those I love. All absolute unbeatable joys I have going on the ride. More importantly, teaching me more about myself; that there are times I have to adjust to the road and the seasons, take a chance, invest in my armor, trust in my guide and driver, and always be thankful for the gift to ride.... rain or shine. runs through my mind as I struggle with coming to terms that it is done, for now.

Let’s ride…….

Good one,,,, thanks for sharing part of your life and you feelings. Sometimes there are others who feel the same way, but can't seem to put it to words, or able to define the moments they way you did,,,,, thanks for helping us.

My wife Lori wrote this and sent it out to our riding group, I thought it was pretty good and I just wanted to share it with you:

Always trust your guide and driver. They have looked ahead and are able to guide me through the turns and hills with confidence, avoid the bumpy roads when possible. A driver has a better view of what is ahead than I do from my backseat. My guide and driver need to be someone I trust, who I know, and I know will want to make sure I have the best ride. A guide who is looking out for my safety. Always trust my guide. Trust, Trust, Trust, and relax.

Rains come and go; sometimes you just have to go for it. When surrounded by good people, I don't mind being wet and cold so much. I know that the cloud will pass or that we will find protection. When we find shelter I can quickly warm up with the bond of a shared experience among friends, and at times laughter that we made it through. Don't let the chance of clouds deter me from my trip.

I can enjoy, and appreciate, a different perspective of what I see on the same road during different seasons. Sometimes a difficult task for me, Every season holds its own distinct beauty; looking for and finding that beauty is up to me and will make my ride more enjoyable.

I need to wear the appropriate gear; armor, if you will. My helmet protects me not only during an accident, but it also protects my head from the winds of the world throwing debris at me from any which way. I am protected from the small, pesky irritants that are flying at me; annoying me just enough to distraction. The face shield keeps my eyes protected, reduces the distraction, so I can keep focused on the road and enjoy the sights. Putting on my leathers protects my body from the changing winds and weather; helps keep me from feeling the sting of cold and rain. A burdensome task at times, but it is for my own good, Invest in my armor and remember to put it on before the ride.

Our saddlebags can only hold so much, and I never need as much as I think I do. Make sure I have the essentials, anything more will just weigh me down and frustrate me as I try to stuff it all in. I can trust those I am with will help me if I don't have what I need, and I will do the same for them. If someone is overloaded, take some of what they can't stuff in their bags and carry it for them, you can be sure they will reciprocate when you are overburdened with your stuff. Pack light and help others when their load is too much to carry.

Often we meet other riders along the way. As we pass, most riders will give some sort of nod, wave or acknowledgment. This is an unspoken gesture to each other saying something like, “I get it, I have it running in my veins, too”. An acknowledgment that we have a common thread; we are a part of a ”remnant” on the roads. Occasionally we come across those that will not look our way, will not give that acknowledgment that we share something in common. Most times it is because we don't ride a certain kind of bike; we are not “like” them, not up to their standards. We are judged to be poor attempts at being what they consider true riders, and maybe we are. I like to think that I can enjoy and appreciate the gift of my ride more with a smile, and want to share this joy with other riders. We have met some really nice people, and our meetings happened only because we both appreciate riding. Be nice, life is more enjoyable.

The end of the ride brings a strange mix of feelings. Sadness that the ride is over tangles with the comfort that I have arrived home, and can rest. The joy and thrill of the ride The deep sense of security that I have made it home safely lulls me into contentment; I am thankful as I sink into the warmth and peace of protection from the elements. Treacherous roads, chance of rain, cold seeping into my bones, winds stinging my face. All risks I take going on the ride. Warmth of sunshine, witnessing God’s endless creativity in nature, deepening relationships with God and those I love. All absolute unbeatable joys I have going on the ride. More importantly, teaching me more about myself; that there are times I have to adjust to the road and the seasons, take a chance, invest in my armor, trust in my guide and driver, and always be thankful for the gift to ride.... rain or shine. runs through my mind as I struggle with coming to terms that it is done, for now.

Let’s ride…….

Darrin,

I sent this to my Pastor, who is also a rider. He wants to use it in a sermon for our Blessing of the Bikes service. Would you and your lady be OK with that?

Joe

I am truly Blessed to have an awesome wife that has a true heart to be able to write this, and mean it. Plus she loves to ride!

I appreciate all of the kind words and am glad that this writing touches us all like I hoped it would.

Darrin,

I sent this to my Pastor, who is also a rider. He wants to use it in a sermon for our Blessing of the Bikes service. Would you and your lady be OK with that?

Joe

That would be great Joe! We are actually using it at our Church on our Blessing of the Bikers service as well. Looks like Lori will be reading it herself. Let me know how it goes.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: YOU FORGOT TO MENTION ONE THING.............................................:fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16):

LOL,.. Gotta have Ice Cream,.. Heaven at the end of the ride! Thanks Tom!

http://inlinethumb29.webshots.com/48412/2332611090101950171S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/46991/2680402260101950171S600x600Q85.jpg

Let’s ride…….

"Food for Thought" DarrinGT, A narration of the above, with a recording of "Country Roads" being softly played by Freebird as background music, would be "winner" in this neck of the woods!! :thumbsup2: