IGNORED

List of Ethanol Free Gas Stations

Riderduke

How many of these stations are selling all grades (reg/mid/premo) as ethanol free? The one nearest me only has premium as ethanol free, which makes a bigger dent in the wallet (so I just run regular 87 instead :) ).

That is a good question. The two by me that [claim to] sell ethanol free do it on ALL grades. On the road though, I have been tricked by a few signs that advertise the no ethanol and after I pull in and read the pump I see it is only premium. :confused24:

Has anyone tried the STA-BiL Ethanol gas treatment yet? I've been thinking of trying it if the riding weather ever gets here.

Below is from STA-BIL web site.

Today's Ethanol Blended fuels can be hard on your fuel system and engine. Ethanol attracts moisture, which can lead to corrosion within the fuel system, octane loss, gum and varnish formation and rough running of your equipment. New STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment was designed to fight these damaging effects of Ethanol, and protect your fuel system and engine for better overall performance. STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment helps remove water, protects against corrosion, and cleans fuel injectors, carburetors, and intake valves to keep the fuel system free of gum and varnish and deposits. Perfect for use in your everyday driving vehicle, such as your car, truck, SUV or mini-van, and also great for your small gasoline powered equipment -- lawnmowers, chainsaws, weed wackers, snow blowers, snowmobiles, etc. Recommended to be used at every fill up to keep your vehicle and equipment running smoothly year-round.

How many of these stations are selling all grades (reg/mid/premo) as ethanol free? The one nearest me only has premium as ethanol free, which makes a bigger dent in the wallet (so I just run regular 87 instead :) ).

On the chart it says what OCTANE that is ethanol free.

Guest scarylarry
Has anyone tried the STA-BiL Ethanol gas treatment yet? I've been thinking of trying it if the riding weather ever gets here.

Below is from STA-BIL web site.

Today's Ethanol Blended fuels can be hard on your fuel system and engine. Ethanol attracts moisture, which can lead to corrosion within the fuel system, octane loss, gum and varnish formation and rough running of your equipment. New STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment was designed to fight these damaging effects of Ethanol, and protect your fuel system and engine for better overall performance. STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment helps remove water, protects against corrosion, and cleans fuel injectors, carburetors, and intake valves to keep the fuel system free of gum and varnish and deposits. Perfect for use in your everyday driving vehicle, such as your car, truck, SUV or mini-van, and also great for your small gasoline powered equipment -- lawnmowers, chainsaws, weed wackers, snow blowers, snowmobiles, etc. Recommended to be used at every fill up to keep your vehicle and equipment running smoothly year-round.

Parts guy at O'reilys swears by it..MC dealer recommends star tron

Id like to know how the 2 stations listed in Amarillo have ethanol free gas considering all the gas in Amarillo comes from the same place off of north Western.

The only way to be sure the gas is ethanol free is to have it tested.

You guys have to remember that Sta-bil can only sell you this gas-ethanol treatment if they can convince you that ethanol blended gas is a problem. The guy at O'Reillys happens to sell Sta-bil too I'd bet. Here in MN all gas has been ethanol blended for years. No need for additiives. I do use Sta-bil in my chain saw size engines, ones that can sit un-used for long periods. I'll also put a bit in the last tank of the season on the bike. Would do the same with straight gas. You're not putting E-85 in your bike, it's probably E-10. Fill'er up and go for a ride. No worries...

With the '83 I fill up when I need to.... where ever I happen to need it. Not much in California because I don't put on a lot of local miles, but when on long distance rides it doesn't make a whole lot of difference. As long as it burns, it's good by me.... :)

I have been using this site for awhile, it is updated by users so the info is only as good as the people that update it. The stations I use say it is ethanol free and the bike does perform better so without testing it I just have to take their word. If your GPS takes external inputs you can load the locations into GPS for your trip.