IGNORED

Need to get the relay moving

mini-muffin

Well the trailer for Annie and Allen to use is sitting at Dano's and I thought the weather should be getting better to start moving it again. I talked to Marilla (Vicco on the site) and she said the trailer could stay at their place in OR. They live about 2 hrs south of Portland. Figured it might be better to keep it somewhere in the family till they get here.

So if we can start thinking of who can move it closer it would be greatly appreciated. With this group I know we can make this happen. We've moved stuff before.

Thanks

Margaret

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the trailer for Annie and Allen to use is sitting at Dano's and I thought the weather should be getting better to start moving it again. I talked to Marilla (Vicco on the site) and she said the trailer could stay at their place in OR. They live about 2 hrs south of Portland. Figured it might be better to keep it somewhere in the family till they get here.

So if we can start thinking of who can move it closer it would be greatly appreciated. With this group I know we can make this happen. We've moved stuff before.

Thanks

Margaret

what size trailer is it and what size ball. Where is it now.

I ask because sometimes my work has space or a empty hitch.

Not a 100% thing but maybe. All I can do is check.

George C.

I'm up here in Indy, so we're looking to move it over to Illinois, Wisconsin or Iowa to get it started out west. It's an m-c trailer with a 1-7/8ths ball hitch. Currently has a 6 pin round light connector with a 4 pin adapter, but I will be building a 5 pin flat adapter as that's what I have on my bike right now. I know we have several members west and north of here and across the northern states, so it shouldn't be much more than a nice weekend day ride for some of us to get this thing moving. Depending on the weather the next couple of weekends, I'd be willing to ride over to Mid- Illinois or closer to the Wi. border (without going NEAR Chicago!) to meet up with somebody to get it rolling.

Jeff has all the plate paperwork and registration in the trailer, so it's all legal and stuff. Could even be towed behind a car if necessary.

Come on guys, let's get this trailer a-rollin'!

i'm off work on sundays and mondays, and use a flat 5 connection on my rsv.

be glad to meet you at or near the border somewhere, then i could take it over to Iowa or Mn. or whereever??

my phone# is in my profile..mike

:scratchchin: If somebody can get it to central IL by Tuesday, I could drag it to TX with me. After the MD there, I will be heading to NM and maybe the 4 corners, then to Colorado Springs, before heading back to WI.

Does anybody in Eastern CO want it??:confused24:

Oh, I have a 6 round and a 4 flat connector on the bike, so that should work.

Just a thought, Scooter Bob

I tell ya, if'n this was yesterday and not today, I'd hook it up right now and take off! I had thought about Scooter dragging it all around the US like Aussie Annie the bear but didn't know if he wanted to drag it that far. Got some good rain scheduled for most of the day now and some previously scheduled tasks stand in the way. Guess we'll work on the back-up plan.....

I tell ya, if'n this was yesterday and not today, I'd hook it up right now and take off! I had thought about Scooter dragging it all around the US like Aussie Annie the bear but didn't know if he wanted to drag it that far. Got some good rain scheduled for most of the day now and some previously scheduled tasks stand in the way. Guess we'll work on the back-up plan.....

And I looked at this thread briefly yesterday morning, and it didn't dawn on me then.:doh:

Not sure about yer neighborhood, but Monday weather looks good here. Could you get it strait west?

If so, I could send a couple PM's out to find a place to leave it overnight.

Or you could just meet me for a late lunch on Tuesday around Bloomington.

Let me Know, Scooter Bob

Unfortunately, I'm running a big job for a friend of mine right now and can't take the time off and I have a meeting tomorrow night. He told me "nobody works if you don't work". I think 6 guys would be pretty pissed at me if I took the day off........

That's why I said yesterday would've been perfect.......

That's why I said yesterday would've been perfect.......

Sorry :doh::doh::doh:

Maybe somebody else will see this and figure out how to get it over to central IL by Tuesday.:confused24:

Cus I really don't want to do the Chicago thing on the way either.:bang head:

Later, Scooter Bob

Depending on the weather, next Sunday is a distinct possibility. Wife and son are leaving Friday nite for Florida and a good ride sounds like it's in order. I can come over 74 (or 136, it'll just take longer, wink-wink), 36 or 70, then we have to get some folks to get it further west.

Im not much of a SCI guy. I have read this a few times. I still cannot figure out where it is, where it needs to go, and where it will eventually wind up. Im sorry but I just dont know where these people live you mention.

It went from Muffinman's to Dano's (1st leg), now it needs to get to Portland Oregon, prefferably prior to the month of June. In order for it to be hooked up to Aussie Annies bike, that is being shipped over from Austraila, for the summer.

:canada:

It went from Muffinman's to Dano's (1st leg), now it needs to get to Portland Oregon, prefferably prior to the month of June. In order for it to be hooked up to Aussie Annies bike, that is being shipped over from Austraila, for the summer.

:canada:

OK so if looked up Dano's profile. It appears the trailer is in Indianapolis In and you say it needs to get to Portland Or. . I also assume it is a motorcycle trailer? As in one that you pull behind a motorcycle? I know I am fairly new here and others may be thinking the same thing, we may be able to help out but without knowing peoples names and where they live up to this point I simply did not know where it was and where it was heading.

Anyway I am in Northeast Missouri if I can help in any way. But I do not have a hitch on my bike so Id be pulling with my Durango.

Hey Dano,been trying to fit it on the semi,but the loads have not been working out...

I'll keep trying as we have a little time.....

same thing or behind a hotshot truck.

My boss / terminal owner knows about it so thay are also keeping a eye out for a fit. just incase

If the Doc. would let me drive :no-no-no::no-no-no: I would just do it myself

George C.

April 1st or 2nd I am heading from WI to California on the bike. Will be driving thru Madison, DuBuque, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Kansas City, etc. and can pick it up and take it to the coast. Will need to keep a pretty tight schedule picking up and dropping off 'cause I'm biting off all I can chew with the mileage schedule.

The farthest north on my route will be Sacramento, CA or Reno, NV.

However, I am ready to show the trailer some open country.

4 flat and 1-7/8 on the bike (well, I have the hitch, just need to put the ball back on.)

RR

Thanks guys I knew I could count on you all. Sorry to some who didn't know what was going on. I didn't think to clarify this was going on since last year.

We'll get it out there before Annie gets here I'm sure.

Margaret

Ok,here's the deal..

I unload in Cleveland friday morning and can't reload in Indy till saturday afternoon...

So,I will meet Dano and the gang at Squealers for the meet and eat and pick up the trailer..

Unload and reload in Wisconsin and head for Tacoma,Wa..So if all goes well,the trailer will be in Tacoma late next week...So if any members can pick it up there,that would be great.Otherwise I''ll run it down to Portland,but I don't know where I'm reloading yet..

Got to love when the plan finally comes together..:cool10:

:clap2: Bloody Hell! You buggers are amazing :clap2::clap2::clap2:

My trike lands in Portland on 12th July [if there are no storms to delay ship]

Booked in to Harley at Tigard in afternoon of that day to have E Z Steer fitted. Then we can take a run to Springfield?? to pick trailer up--stay another night in Portland then head for Utah [utadventure] to pick up Alan's 1st Gen.

We are booked in to the Quality Inn, NE Sandy Blvd, Portland.........maybe they could help with storing the trailer?? if that's a better drop off point. Can email manager [who booked our room]????????????????

Ok,here's the deal..

I unload in Cleveland friday morning and can't reload in Indy till saturday afternoon...

So,I will meet Dano and the gang at Squealers for the meet and eat and pick up the trailer..

Unload and reload in Wisconsin and head for Tacoma,Wa..So if all goes well,the trailer will be in Tacoma late next week...So if any members can pick it up there,that would be great.Otherwise I''ll run it down to Portland,but I don't know where I'm reloading yet..

Got to love when the plan finally comes together..:cool10:

Where's the fun in that Dan??:stickpoke:

It'll show up out there and the tires and bearings will still be good.:confused24:

:sign just kidding:

Glad you can help them out, Scooter Bob

PS, we do have members in WA, maybe send them a PM with a link to this thread in case they missed it.