IGNORED

Fire chief update

royalstar09

After a LOT of thought. Talked to a lot of people, on and off the department. I decided to accept the nomination as Chief. The vote was last night. I was awarded the majority of the votes and accepted the position.

This is a volunteer department now so it is not like I accepted something I will retire from. I have been in my town for 36 years. I have a deep seated interest in the protection of its members. The department is long overdue for some restructuring and I have the support to begin that process. Looking forward to changes and working with all our members to structure and build further on what is already in place. Ill never get used to this dang white hat though. It will be hard to not grab a hoseline, but I am ready to fight from a different standpoint. Should be a very challenging, but fun position. Im ready to dig in.

After a LOT of thought. Talked to a lot of people, on and off the department. I decided to accept the nomination as Chief. The vote was last night. I was awarded the majority of the votes and accepted the position.

This is a volunteer department now so it is not like I accepted something I will retire from. I have been in my town for 36 years. I have a deep seated interest in the protection of its members. The department is long overdue for some restructuring and I have the support to begin that process. Looking forward to changes and working with all our members to structure and build further on what is already in place. Ill never get used to this dang white hat though. It will be hard to not grab a hoseline, but I am ready to fight from a different standpoint. Should be a very challenging, but fun position. Im ready to dig in.

Congrats! I trust it will be all you anticipate it to be.

Ex

Congrats! First thing to do is delegate someone else to do all of your grant writing...lol.

Have fun with it, and keep everyone safe.:happy34:

Funy you mentioned that. I have a meeting set up with a neighboring towns grant writer. Him and our grant writer are going to join forces and do some regional apps for 2012.