IGNORED

2010 Na.

krp41151

Well after 2 years on the Venture I have decided to get a 2010 Nav. I go to Arkansas Friday the 4th. to pick it up. I bought it from Sunrise Honda in Searcy Ar. A 505 mile trip from here in the Houston area. We have been going to the hill country here in Texas each fall and I can hardly wait till this August. Anyway, my question is: what can I expect on the break in i.e. speed restriction. The one I test drove here really handled well. The only concern was the size of the shifter. But I guess I will get used to that.

first of all congrats on the new bike:thumbsup:

I am assuming that this is a new bike out of the crate and your concern is break in procedure for the trip home.

Break in should be a variance of rpm and load and is, for the most part, done in the first hour of operation.

The reality is, IMHO, break in is not as critical as a lot of people think. As long as it doesn't sit at idol for 12 hours(that happend once:doh:) or you run it at full throttle all the way home it will be fine. Normal driving will suffice just fine but it would be nice if it got a nice sprint in there some where. From a stop to highway speed is perfect.(and fun):whistling:

As I understood from my Suzuki dealer when I bought my little bike... gs500 .... he told me not to keep it at a constant rpm. Any rpm constant..... so no do not let it sit and idle and just as important in your case.... do not get it on the highway and lock the cruse control on and ride home for 500 miles. oooh and the oil will need to be changed very soon too... I think they gave me like 1000 Kms (600 miles) for my first oil change and valve adjustment.

The Nav would be my first choice in a new bike.... I rode an '09 and when I returned it told the dealer.... I could have been a long way away before you reported that stolen.... it is very nice. The bank account with large children still at home will keep me on a Venture for one more "generation" and loving it.

:ice_congrats-vi6886

I just drove mine as normal. Had them change oil, filter at 600 miles just because I wanted it done. Be careful at first. No countersteering required you will see what I'm talking about. Enjoy it. I am lovin mine!

Well after 2 years on the Venture I have decided to get a 2010 Nav. I go to Arkansas Friday the 4th. to pick it up. I bought it from Sunrise Honda in Searcy Ar. A 505 mile trip from here in the Houston area. We have been going to the hill country here in Texas each fall and I can hardly wait till this August. Anyway, my question is: what can I expect on the break in i.e. speed restriction. The one I test drove here really handled well. The only concern was the size of the shifter. But I guess I will get used to that.

Drive it like you mean it don't baby it never have and I'm on number seven theve all had over 150000 miles on them:twing:

• 3 weeks later...