IGNORED

No longer offering VR assistance

Mel

I regret to say that I have removed myself from offering VR assistance. In order to provide assistance I have to post my phone numbers(s) for contact purpose. It's too bad that someone chooses to use the phone number information for something other than to request assistance. One rotten apple CAN spoil the whole bushel.

It's too bad that someone chooses to use the phone number information for something other than to request assistance. One rotten apple CAN spoil the whole bushel.

Just out of curiousity, what happened? What should others be watchin' out for? Mines been there since I finally joined 2 years ago, and I have never had any problem, that I know of.

Later, Scooter Bob

How about just removing your phone # & leaving your email addy? You might not be able to help at the spur of the moment, but, if someone just wants a riding buddy for part of their trip or local info, you could still do that. Just a thought.

Folks, I have sent Mel a private message and hopefully will know more after he responds. I have no idea what happened and until I do, would prefer that no details be posted. I can promise you that if somebody used any telephone number for telemarketing, harassment, whatever, that it will be dealt with appropriately. I also promise you that I will keep you all updated.

Folks, I have sent Mel a private message and hopefully will know more after he responds. I have no idea what happened and until I do, would prefer that no details be posted. I can promise you that if somebody used any telephone number for telemarketing, harassment, whatever, that it will be dealt with appropriately. I also promise you that I will keep you all updated.

Don,

With the above statement in mind, what was the reason for your posting on 2/15 about the change with the VR assistance list no longer being viewable by trial members.

It seemed that in that thread there was some speculation about someone specific having done something.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=56688

Gary

Oh Oh is this going to be a wanted dead or alive thing? Pleeeease I haven't had the opportunity to kill anyone in almost a month.

Guest scarylarry
I regret to say that I have removed myself from offering VR assistance. In order to provide assistance I have to post my phone numbers(s) for contact purpose. It's too bad that someone chooses to use the phone number information for something other than to request assistance. One rotten apple CAN spoil the whole bushel.

I'm with you on this, damn wierd texts.

I was able to trace the number back to Utah and hell I don't know where Utah was much less anyone there...

I was able to talk the person once and they hung up real fast...

OK folks, I have communicated with both parties involved. I'm not going to go into any detail here. I honestly think that this was blown a bit out of proportion.

The person called Mel to clear up another issue. He should NOT have called, PERIOD. The telephone numbers are listed for VR Assistance PERIOD. Some people don't mind receiving telephone calls but others really don't like it unless there is a true need. The numbers should NEVER be used because of something posted or said or assumed or anything else. That should be handled by a PM or an email. If you feel that something could be better discussed on the telephone then PM the other member and ask if they are willing to discuss it on the telephone. If they say no, then respect their privacy.

To try and be fair minded though, I will also say that I think that Mel overreacted just a bit. Based upon what I know, there was no reason to publicly post about this issue and therefore create a stir where everybody is concerned and wondering what happened. It was simply not a big deal and a simple PM would have very likely ended it.

So......I am not putting any blame on Mel and he has every right to remove his telephone number if he so chooses. It is entirely voluntary. I can assure you all though that what happened should not cause anybody else to be concerned about their number being listed.

This matter is between me and another member. This is the way I chose to handle it. I probably could have handled it differently (better?), but I didn't. No other member should feel at jeopardy. Mr. Freebird and I have discussed it, unfortunately I have put him in the middle of what is mostly between me and another.

Mr. Freebird, please feel free to delete this thread if you so choose. Additionally, if you choose to comment and/or clarify in order to ease the other members anxiety please do so.

No problem........I think we ALL need a good ride. I know I do. :)

OK folks...shows over...let's keep on moving...move along now.....:sign09:

ROLLING,ROLLING,ROLLING

KEEP THEM VRs ROLLING

KEEP THEM VRs ROLLING FREEBIRD:thumbsup2::D