IGNORED

Lighting up the back end of my 07 RSMV

I am looking to add some light to the back end of my bike as it is not very bright at night with stock lighting. I am wanting to change the signal lights to L.E.D. running lights with the signal being priority when needed and possibly the tail light itself. I already have a L.E.D brake/running light bar to add just under the trunk but want more and wondering where I can find these in a simple aftermarket application or if there isn't one then how. I have some time as it will be a couple of months before our winter is done.

I added an additional brake light by mounting a whelen TIR3 red led strobe which can be programmed to burn steady when activated to the inspection sticker plate from jp cycles. Perfect fit and bout twice as bright as my custom dynamic's 100 led taillamp. Total cost for the Whelen TIR3 n bracket $55, not including shipping. U can get LIN 6 for $20 more which is insanely bright. VLSUSA.com

This is the post of the same question I asked a couple weeks ago.

Got great answers and questions. There is a guy on this post named V7Goose.

You might look up pictures of is bike. His bike looks to be wired about perfectly for visability in my opinion but his solution is a lot less money than most.

Take care,

Bob

I have the custom dynamics brake light on mine, one of THE brightest out there on the road.. plug and play.. I also have the DiamondR light bar under the trunk.. and an LED strip light wedged under the passenger back rest and trunk lid. I also have the custom dynamics LED signal lights which are painfully bright as well. I also have the red side marker lights in LED, which are quite visible from behind as they protrude out from their base.. so this gives the bike a wider look in the dark.

I also have the front marker lights set up as LED lights as well.

I have the LED strip under the backrest and the DiamondR light bar only set on as brake light, not running. The bike's brake light running light is brighter than stock.. I set the lights like this so that when I press on the brakes, and the lights come on, there is NO mistaking that I have my brakes lights ON.. the bike goes from nicely lit running light to "IN YOUR FACE MY BRAKES ARE ON" lights.. I tend to always double tap my brakes before I know I'm going to be braking to a stop to alert anyone behind me.. I don't seem to be tail gated as often as before I got this set up.

The way I have this bike lit up, anyone hitting me from behind saying "sorry I didn't see you" will deserve the beating he'll get, if I'm able to get up off the ground that is.. ;)

Anything you can do to make yourself more visible can only help..

I put on a diamond R rear light and it is the brightest one I've seen on the rear. Trust me, they'll see you in the daylight and dark. :thumbsup:

I have a Diamond R on my as well. It's an easy install and works as a running light and a brake light.

thanks for all the help. don't want to over load the back as I like a clean simple look but you all have been great help for the next step in getting the back brighter. next will be the front but need to work slowly on this simply due to money, not desire or time.

Wally:snow2:

I am looking to add some light to the back end of my bike as it is not very bright at night with stock lighting. I am wanting to change the signal lights to L.E.D. running lights with the signal being priority when needed and possibly the tail light itself. I already have a L.E.D brake/running light bar to add just under the trunk but want more and wondering where I can find these in a simple aftermarket application or if there isn't one then how. I have some time as it will be a couple of months before our winter is done.
See my post on "Inexpensive Rear Lighting" by DanC:080402gudl_prv: Edited by DanC
spelling error

I have the custom dynamics brake light on mine, one of THE brightest out there on the road.. plug and play.. I also have the DiamondR light bar under the trunk.. and an LED strip light wedged under the passenger back rest and trunk lid. I also have the custom dynamics LED signal lights which are painfully bright as well. I also have the red side marker lights in LED, which are quite visible from behind as they protrude out from their base.. so this gives the bike a wider look in the dark.

I also have the front marker lights set up as LED lights as well.

I have the LED strip under the backrest and the DiamondR light bar only set on as brake light, not running. The bike's brake light running light is brighter than stock.. I set the lights like this so that when I press on the brakes, and the lights come on, there is NO mistaking that I have my brakes lights ON.. the bike goes from nicely lit running light to "IN YOUR FACE MY BRAKES ARE ON" lights.. I tend to always double tap my brakes before I know I'm going to be braking to a stop to alert anyone behind me.. I don't seem to be tail gated as often as before I got this set up.

The way I have this bike lit up, anyone hitting me from behind saying "sorry I didn't see you" will deserve the beating he'll get, if I'm able to get up off the ground that is.. ;)

Anything you can do to make yourself more visible can only help..

Seaking, any chance we could see some night time pics of your setup? Rear lighting is still on my list of upgrades, so I'm still investigating what others on here have done. Picture is worth 1000 words, right?

thanks!

Brian