IGNORED

Any Tea drinkers out there?

Black Owl

My favorite drink: Plain ole iced tea with no fruit, honey or spices but with enough sugar added to make it qualify as hummingbird food. Southern style!

Never could get used to Sweetened Ice Tea. But then I'm not what one would consider a "Southern Belle".

:doh:WOW. I just thought of something. Yah think that sweentened ice tea was what convinced "CupCcake" to move to Texas???? I can just see him now. Hooped skirts and a little parisole swishing it up at one of those debutante balls saying, "Well, I do declaire." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

:15_8_211[1]:

Never could get used to Sweetened Ice Tea. But then I'm not what one would consider a "Southern Belle".

:doh:WOW. I just thought of something. Yah think that sweentened ice tea was what convinced "CupCcake" to move to Texas???? I can just see him now. Hooped skirts and a little parisole swishing it up at one of those debutante balls saying, "Well, I do declaire." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

Now that's not nice, how do we get that visual out of our minds? :bawling:

Margaret

Sounds interesting. My supplier has a green Chiness Tea they call "Gunpower". Wonder if it is the same thing. Will let you know if I can't find it and maybe get you to send me a small sample.

I think Matcha is made only in Japan with specific brand of green tea. Don't know about Chinese version, but could be just good as "original"

Here is some info about Matcha.

[url=http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/matcha.htm][/url]

http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/matcha.htm

Edited by stardbog

Hey Hey we don't allow that kind of thing down here not even from a Yankee.

Russ,

Erv and I drink Hyson Green tea from CoffeeAM.com. Sometimes we may drink some Sencha. I like Rooibos, or Red Tea, as well as a variance of herbal teas. My favorite is Sweet Dreams in the bag, Red Tea in the press as well as Hyson. Also, have you tried Chai? There are some nice bulk blends of Chai.

Take care sweetie!

Teri and Erv

Since I was introduced to the Frech Press mug last year at Cody (Thanks Irv) I have returned to drinking Tea rather than coffee.

SO, was wondering how many other tea drinkers we have here. And if anyone has a recommendation for specialty teas that they enjoy.

I recently came across a Moroccan Mint that is really enjoyable.

Edited by pakidaho

He be ridin with the Pink CHAP Boys NOW!!!:moped:

Hey Russ this is Ultimate Serbian Tea. I remember my family made this one over winter. Original name is Sumadijski Chai.

2 cup sugar (or to taste)

1 pint slivovitz (Plum Brandy) or ( שליבוביץ )

3/4 cup water

method:

In a saucepan, burn sugar to caramel over medium low heat. Once the colour changes to dark honey, remove the saucepan from heat and carefully add water.

Note: Sugar burns at 320F and higher. Naturally, adding water to it will immediately create a cloud of hot steam – so never stand right above the saucepan.

Return the saucepan to low heat, and heat until caramel melts into the water.

Pour in slivovitz, bring to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.

Serve in a mug or a glass wrapped in a napkin, and sip on while still hot. Don’t reheat. And please, don’t drive. Actually, don’t do anything. Sink into your chair and just enjoy in true Serbian fashion!

Charlie would like this one for sure :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

My mom uses a French Press pot for her Turish coffee. My mom is from Marseilles France but her parents were Greek.

I usually make big jugs of Sun tea during the summer Letting it steep in the sun for a couple of hours on the back step. Mmmmmmm!:thumbsup2:

Hey Russ this is Ultimate Serbian Tea. I remember my family made this one over winter. Original name is Sumadijski Chai.

2 cup sugar (or to taste)

1 pint slivovitz (Plum Brandy) or ( שליבוביץ )

3/4 cup water

method:

In a saucepan, burn sugar to caramel over medium low heat. Once the colour changes to dark honey, remove the saucepan from heat and carefully add water.

Note: Sugar burns at 320F and higher. Naturally, adding water to it will immediately create a cloud of hot steam – so never stand right above the saucepan.

Return the saucepan to low heat, and heat until caramel melts into the water.

Pour in slivovitz, bring to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.

Serve in a mug or a glass wrapped in a napkin, and sip on while still hot. Don’t reheat. And please, don’t drive. Actually, don’t do anything. Sink into your chair and just enjoy in true Serbian fashion!

Charlie would like this one for sure :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Oh the memories this brings back.... The Germans have a similar drink but they used JeagarMeister or Apple Brandy (for the ladies). :crying: Man, talk about knee walking and commode hugging after a night of indulgance.

I use the Double shot French Press travel mug made by Planetary Design. Great for either coffee or tea.

Yes very similar to what she uses. I'm not sure what make her's is . It's clear glass and big enough for two regular cups of coffee.

Since I was introduced to the Frech Press mug last year at Cody (Thanks Irv) I have returned to drinking Tea rather than coffee.

SO, was wondering how many other tea drinkers we have here. And if anyone has a recommendation for specialty teas that they enjoy.

I recently came across a Moroccan Mint that is really enjoyable.

Try www.stashtea.com for just about any kind you want. I like the green tea with matcha which has 12 times the antioxidents of blueberries.

AMEN!! Now I'll be seeing that before me all night!

As for tea, I regularly raid what I call the "dry goods" section of the HEB Central Markets here in Tx. Coffees, teas, candies, fresh ground nut butters [peanut, almond, & cashew], dried grains, granola, and on and on and on. The place is quite something. They have one of the largest selections of teas I've seen. I'd say over 50 different loose teas kept in sealable jars not to mention an entire counter wall of commercially packaged teas and more brands than you can shake a stick at. I'm a big fan of the Republic of Tea flavors, especially the Ginger Peach which is good both hot and cold. Also a fan of of good old fashioned Constant Comment. I'm not a fan of the green teas.

I was very glad to get the 16oz MoeJoe mug from the group as it came with a tea strainer so I can use the loose stuff when I make my traveling drinks. It does make a difference in the flavor.

:97:

Now that's not nice, how do we get that visual out of our minds? :bawling:

Margaret

Speaking of tea...

How do you make it when your out on your bike.

I always carry water tea bags abd Sweet & Low.

Anyone use 12 volt cigarett lighter/ accessorie jack powered electric cups? is it hot enough?

I use to have this black handeled heater, 6"long that plugged into aforementioned jacks.

It had an aluminium tube that made 2 complete circles and then went back into the handle

and would make the water extremely hot.

wonder if the Venture jack would be able to handle one?:97: